Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Vote on which book i should read next(when i have the time)

Which one?

• Total voters
Juxtaposition6

Juxtaposition6

Degenerate
-
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes:
The adventures of a grandiose, megalomaniac old man larping as a knight, he also has some dude larping as his(Quixote) very own squire.

Ulysses by James Joyce:
Happens in one day, each chapter: writen in a different style, one of three main characters is a cuck, the other is a cheating roastie, the story is set in early 20th century Dublin(city).

VOTE NOW

Don Quijote is a classic
I had to read Ulysses in college and while I enjoyed the book, I have bad memories attached to it because the teacher made us analyze almost every single sentence

Knight, for some reason I dislike every single non-war book set in 20th century, they usually try to be too deep or some shit.

Knight, for some reason I dislike every single non-war book set in 20th century, they usually try to be too deep or some shit.
Ngl
Don Quijote is a classic
I had to read Ulysses in college and while I enjoyed the book, I have bad memories attached to it because the teacher made us analyze almost every single sentence
Waitasec boyo, you mean your teacher made you analyze almost every sentence from a 1000+ pages novel?

Ngl

Waitasec boyo, you mean your teacher made you analyze almost every sentence from a 1000+ pages novel?
nah I was just exaggerating, but she still made us do a throughout analysis of the book which just took the enjoyment out of it. I should read it again just for pleasure one of these days.

Ngl

I believe it. Literature teachers are cunts like that. They almost made me hate reading (thankfully I didn’t, as reading is one of my copes)

I believe it. Literature teachers are cunts like that. They almost made me hate reading (thankfully I didn’t, as reading is one of my copes)
School in general made me hate reading, but now it's my best cope as well.

I havent read these two but you can always check the book megathread.

No really relevant but i prefer older books my favourites so far in no order are: 1984, war & peace, a tail of two cities, and a brave new world

Don Quijote is a classic
Teachers on power trips should be shot.

Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes:
The adventures of a grandiose, megalomaniac old man larping as a knight, he also has some dude larping as his(Quixote) very own squire.

Ulysses by James Joyce:
Happens in one day, each chapter: writen in a different style, one of three main characters is a cuck, the other is a cheating roastie, the story is set in early 20th century Dublin(city).

VOTE NOW
I think Don Quixote is a better idea tbh. I haven't read any of them but from my time on /lit/ I have the understanding that dq is good and fairly easy read while Ulysses is a difficult meme book.

No really relevant but i prefer older books my favourites so far in no order are: 1984, war & peace, a tail of two cities, and a brave new world
I loved 1984 and Brave New World, war and piece was boring imo, i've yet to read the Dickens novel, my favorite books(as of now) are: Gravity's Rainbow and The Satanic Verses.
I think Don Quixote is a better idea tbh. I haven't read any of them but from my time on /lit/ I have the understanding that dq is good and fairly easy read while Ulysses is a difficult meme book.
Tbh, difficult meme books are great, hell, my two favorite books are just that, but Don Quixote's story seems more enjoyable to me.

I loved 1984 and Brave New World, war and piece was boring imo, i've yet to read the Dickens novel, my favorite books(as of now) are: Gravity's Rainbow and The Satanic Verses.

Tbh, difficult meme books are great, hell, my two favorite books are just that, but Don Quixote's story seems more enjoyable to me.

War in peace was amazing once i got to gripa with who was who and past the politics into the fighting

First option since it has the more votes