Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Venom review (SPOILERS)

• Thread starter God'sGreatestRegret
  • Start date
God'sGreatestRegret

God'sGreatestRegret

Cursed from Birth
★★★★
I walked in excited but left disappointed. There's no reason this movie needed to be made beside money and probably spite. Marvel would have made a superior portrayal of the character. The antagonist, Riot, is an obscure villain and has minimal appearance in the comics. Seriously, who is Riot? The only recognizable Venom' villain is Carnage.

The film starts off with a weak and boring 1st Act, eventually gaining momentum when Venom appears. We see Eddie' life collapse; he loses his job, credibility and fiance. Pacing becomes a problem here because the film immediately skips six months ahead so we never explore the consequences of this. His love interest, Anne, is able to find a new partner within the timespan which I found questionable, considering she and Eddie are in love and were set to get married.

Dr. Skurge tracks down Eddie Brock and ask for his help to expose Carlton Drake and the Life Foundation. The villain is using and indirectly killing homeless people, by exposing them to alien lifeforms known as symbiotes. His company is invested in space travel and has been able to collect four from space. However, one--Riot, escapes during the prologue. The symbiotes need "compatible" host to fully bond and survive on Earth. Drake believes a bond will allow humans to survive on other worlds because Earth is on the verge of death thanks to mankind. However, Eddie is attacked by a test subject at the Life Foundation in which he is infected with Venom.

The story itself isn't very good and also felt rushed. I didn't realise it went into the 3rd Act so soon because we barely spent any time on exploring Venom's character and abilities. The movie doesn't explore the mythology of the symbiotes either, despite them being crucial to the story. Where do they come from? How do they survive? How do they develop their names? All we're told is that the Life Foundation ship found them on a comet. Another gripe is that the symbiotes need "compatible" host to survive on Earth. The qualities for compatibility are never explained. Plus Venom proceeds to shit on this rule by bonding with Eddie' love interest, becoming She-Venom. There are only two full body symbiotes in the movie: Venom and Riot.

Riot has zero motivation. He wants to take over Earth because he's evil. He barely has any screentime in the movie, only making an appearance at the end for the big fight scene. And even that, I had no idea what the hell was going on. There's no real stakes during the fight scene because both creatures are virtually indestructible. Venom is impaled, stabbed and absorbed but still survives. I felt that the hitman, Trace, should have been Riot's host because he's more of a foil for Eddie than Drake is.

The editing at times wasn't very smooth which was distracting.

The mid-credits scene is pure comedy. Kletus Cassidy appears and sets-up the sequel. "When I get out. There's gonna be carnage." lool

I wish there was more time for Eddie and Venom to build a relationship. Their dynamic was the selling point of the film. Venom is like the perfect wingman, minus the cannibalism. He calls Eddie a "pussy" because he was too scared to jump out of a skyscraper lool. The physicality of him is great but he is really limited by the rating. In the UK it was a 15. A few heads got chomped off but there was no blood or gore. What's funny is that everyone is nonchalant upon seeing Venom: a big, black, tentacle monster.

Anne, the love interest, barely has anything to do in the movie.

Spiderman doesn't appear, nor is he mentioned.

Tom Hardy wears an Illuminati t-shirt.

what did you expect? Most modern super hero movies are bad and cater to normie trash.

wasn’t it pg-13 I was going to watch it because venom was my main in mvc1

I walked in excited but left disappointed. There's no reason this movie needed to be made beside money and probably spite. Marvel would have made a superior portrayal of the character. The antagonist, Riot, is an obscure villain and has minimal appearance in the comics. Seriously, who is Riot? The only recognizable Venom' villain is Carnage.

The film starts off with a weak and boring 1st Act, eventually gaining momentum when Venom appears. We see Eddie' life collapse; he loses his job, credibility and fiance. Pacing becomes a problem here because the film immediately skips six months ahead so we never explore the consequences of this. His love interest, Anne, is able to find a new partner within the timespan which I found questionable, considering she and Eddie are in love and were set to get married.

Dr. Skurge tracks down Eddie Brock and ask for his help to expose Carlton Drake and the Life Foundation. The villain is using and indirectly killing homeless people, by exposing them to alien lifeforms known as symbiotes. His company is invested in space travel and has been able to collect four from space. However, one--Riot, escapes during the prologue. The symbiotes need "compatible" host to fully bond and survive on Earth. Drake believes a bond will allow humans to survive on other worlds because Earth is on the verge of death thanks to mankind. However, Eddie is attacked by a test subject at the Life Foundation in which he is infected with Venom.

The story itself isn't very good and also felt rushed. I didn't realise it went into the 3rd Act so soon because we barely spent any time on exploring Venom's character and abilities. The movie doesn't explore the mythology of the symbiotes either, despite them being crucial to the story. Where do they come from? How do they survive? How do they develop their names? All we're told is that the Life Foundation ship found them on a comet. Another gripe is that the symbiotes need "compatible" host to survive on Earth. The qualities for compatibility are never explained. Plus Venom proceeds to shit on this rule by bonding with Eddie' love interest, becoming She-Venom. There are only two full body symbiotes in the movie: Venom and Riot.

Riot has zero motivation. He wants to take over Earth because he's evil. He barely has any screentime in the movie, only making an appearance at the end for the big fight scene. And even that, I had no idea what the hell was going on. There's no real stakes during the fight scene because both creatures are virtually indestructible. Venom is impaled, stabbed and absorbed but still survives. I felt that the hitman, Trace, should have been Riot's host because he's more of a foil for Eddie than Drake is.

The editing at times wasn't very smooth which was distracting.

The mid-credits scene is pure comedy. Kletus Cassidy appears and sets-up the sequel. "When I get out. There's gonna be carnage." lool

I wish there was more time for Eddie and Venom to build a relationship. Their dynamic was the selling point of the film. Venom is like the perfect wingman, minus the cannibalism. He calls Eddie a "pussy" because he was too scared to jump out of a skyscraper lool. The physicality of him is great but he is really limited by the rating. In the UK it was a 15. A few heads got chomped off but there was no blood or gore. What's funny is that everyone is nonchalant upon seeing Venom: a big, black, tentacle monster.

Anne, the love interest, barely has anything to do in the movie.

Spiderman doesn't appear, nor is he mentioned.

Tom Hardy wears an Illuminati t-shirt.
Fuck man, I had high hopes for that movie

jill urself 4 talking about that normoid trash here