Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Update: Incel YouTuber "Smooth Sanchez", arrested for Manhattan bomb hoax, released on bail

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
For those of you who are interested in following the case yourselves, the case title is United States v. Sanchez (1:21-cr-00269), and is being heard by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

Background

While livestreaming back in February 2021, 19-year-old Malik "Smooth" Sanchez randomly approached two femoids who were dining in the outdoor seating area of a Manhattan restaurant and allegedly said, "Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar. Bomb detonation in two, in two minutes. I take you with me and I kill all you. I kill all you right now. And I kill all you for Allah." This livestream is still available on YouTube and the incident begins at time mark 3:26:30.

Sanchez was arrested at his home by the FBI in April 2021 and later charged (complaint linked here) with one count of conveying false information and hoaxes, the maximum penalty for which is 5 years in prison. During presentment, federal prosecutors argued that Sanchez should be held pending trial; the magistrate judge agreed and he was jailed.

Latest Developments

Sanchez's public defender appealed (linked here) the detention order, describing it as a "puerile stunt". Notably, in their response (linked here), federal prosecutors argued that Sanchez's inceldom and history of incendiary remarks constituted a "danger" and asked the court to deny Sanchez bail. Here is an excerpt of their response:

Responseexcerpt

However, on a hearing last Thursday (May 6th), U.S. District Judge Colleen McMahon sided with Sanchez and set bail at $10,000. The next hearing is set for July.

Last edited:
based judge. free my nigga

how do bails work im thick as shit, are there really incels parents paying 10000 dollars to release him so he doesnt rot in county jail awaiting trial or what?

hope nigga busts case.

how do bails work im thick as shit, are there really incels parents paying 10000 dollars to release him so he doesnt rot in county jail awaiting trial or what?

yeah

but bail money is returned if a person abides by its conditions and makes all of their required court appearances

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back