Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Turns out we're probably uglier than we think we are

Angry_runt

Angry_runt

Cursed OGcel
★★★★★
The studies kept yielding the same finding: unattractive people overestimate their attractiveness, while attractive people underrate their looks.
It thus appears that unattractive people maintain illusory self-perceptions of their attractiveness, whereas attractive people’s self-views are more grounded in reality.”
“Overall, attractive more than unattractive participants differentiated between attractive and unattractive individuals. In particular, unattractive participants were more favorable toward unattractive stimulus persons than were attractive participants.”

xqc-despair.gif

while attractive people underrate their looks.
Chads.is in a nutshell @subhuman @PLA1092

That was true at least for me a couple of years ago. I thought I was at least average or even a little above average, like 5 or a 6. Took me some time to realise the truth.

Truth is like sticking sharpened piece of soap in your dickhole.

I realized that five years ago

The study also mentions that unattractive people overestimate everyone's attractiveness, not only their own. Which makes sense - if you're ugly your standards for attractiveness might tend to be lower.

I think im fucking ugly so i doubt it, if i think something about my appareance i doubt i would be praising myself

Yes I recently realized my face is 0/10 and I look uglier than the elephant man.

I percieve myself as 2-3/10, but i'm probably as low as 0/10 irl

The study also mentions that unattractive people overestimate everyone's attractiveness, not only their own. Which makes sense - if you're ugly your standards for attractiveness might tend to be lower.
IT is a perfect example. They think that even blue haired landwhales and soys are attractive because they themselves are ugly.

I know I have 3/10 face. It doesn't matter if the true score is lower its already OVER.

A bluepilled ugly person reading this will conclude "hey im not as ugly as I thought!", but what its really saying is: 'Rate yourself. Now shave off a couple of points from that'
If someone were to ask me to rate myself, I'd instinctively self rate myself as a 5, which means I'm objectively a 2 or 3

i want to end my life:fuk:

Yeah it’s true. I always thought of myself as a 6/10 when looking into mirror. In reality I’m a 1/10. Believe me. I see it on photos. And how other people react to me. People stare at me; laugh about me when they see me (strangers), talk about me. I’m 26 now and this has been going on ever since I was 13.

This happened to me yesterday (this happened so many times before in different places, I’m literally a 1/10). All these people are lucky that laws exist.

I went to a doctor appointment. When I walked into the building where the doctor is, 2 post-men walked out. One like 30, the other maybe 60. The older fat one said something to the younger one about me like « never saw someone that ugly » and something else insulting my looks, then they laughed. As I waited for the elevator, I looked outside (you can see well outside bc entrance is only glass) they were loading something into their van parked in front of the building. They were both looking back at me where I stood waiting for elevator, and they still laughed. I really don’t get why people are so disrespectful. When I went to the waiting-room, a man was there and stared at me the whole time. But the first incidence is what really upsets me…

I like the way I look in the mirror but in photos I get why I'm incel

No way.

I'm pretty aware that I'm 5'5 with a 2/10 face

I used to think I was normal-looking, but the bad treatment I receive from other people begs to differ:fuk:.