Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Trying to learn to drive

HONKLER BANDICOON

HONKLER BANDICOON

mess with the honk u get the bonk
★★★★★
In regards to clutch shit, is like this:

To slow down: Less pressure on gas, break (if needed) until you go down the speed you need to, press down clutch when you reach that speed and change down gear, then press gas and un-press clutch?

To speed up: Foot off gas pedal, clutch down, up gear, hold down gas, release cluch

Is this it?

I need help niggers

Automatic transmisión?

To slow down: Less pressure on gas, break (if needed) until you go down the speed you need to, press down clutch when you reach that speed and change down gear, then press gas and un-press clutch?

To speed up: Foot off gas pedal, clutch down, up gear, hold down gas, release cluch

Is this it?
just smash the gas trigger and go like need for speed

Yea i learned on manual too snd still drive the truck i learned in. I always really liked neutral. Like if you’re slowing down a lot or coming to a complete stop just push the clutch down and switch to neutral and slow down until you stop or whatever speed and put it in whatever gear is good for the speed. Otherwise if you’re slowing down a little you can just not even worry about the clutch or changing gears

Yea i learned on manual too snd still drive the truck i learned in. I always really liked neutral. Like if you’re slowing down a lot or coming to a complete stop just push the clutch down and switch to neutral and slow down until you stop or whatever speed and put it in whatever gear is good for the speed. Otherwise if you’re slowing down a little you can just not even worry about the clutch or changing gears
at a complete stop, I switch to the first gear and press the clutch fully so the car wouldn't turn off

at a complete stop, I switch to the first gear and press the clutch fully so the car wouldn't turn off
I only ever try to use the clutch if im changing gears snd avoid holding it down so that way it will put less wear on the whole clutch assembly

I only ever try to use the clutch if im changing gears snd avoid holding it down so that way it will put less wear on the whole clutch assembly
Does the car turn off it you don't hold the clutch down when stopped?

Ask @VideoGameCoper to help you. He is an expert

Is this it?
Jfl last month I learnt some in some shitty elantra coupe, rough as shit manual, leg quickly hurt from how hard ive had to depress clutch, it was so bad my Mom's kia shitbox felt like heaven.

May I ask what truck is it?

Karakol96

Is this it?
Yeah, dont forget to heel toe as well if having to downshift at a dangerous moment.

I was in your position a few months ago. Get your provisional license and book your theory test. When you’ve passed that book your driving test asap, earliest you’ll get it is 3-6 months depending on where you live cause of the covid backlog. Then start getting lessons. Took me 10 hours of lessons and 20 hours driving with my dad, passed first time with 3 minors. There’s some good driving instructors on tiktok and YouTube, watching their videos helps

From stopped position push clutch in, put it in 1st gear, slowly release clutch (if on a uphill slope give gas first then release clutch quickly or you will roll backwards,) speed up to a higher RPM, push clutch in, move to 2nd gear, release clutch fast and give gas simultaneously. To slow down and down shift push clutch in, move to the next lower gear and release clutch. If coming to a stop I usually just shift to neutral and coast and just brake.

(if on a uphill slope give gas first then release clutch quickly or you will roll backwards
is it a general rule to not push the clutch while press the gas down?

Ask @VideoGameCoper to help you. He is an expert
I’m no expert on manual bro. My muscle car is an automatic. Only manual I drive is a manual transmission vintage tractor. The tractor is easy af because you just put it in whichever of the 4 gears you want, set the throttle high (it doesn’t have a gas pedal, has a hand throttle), and let the clutch out gently and off you go. Old tractor transmissions can’t shift on the go like a car can, so it’s much simpler

Also, why are you learning to drive in a manual? That’s just gonna make it harder. I’d recommend getting some automatic compact car that’s easy to maneuver. I learned to drive first with a Cam Am defender large ATV and the first car I drove was a Chevy Trax

very nice, ford ranger but cheaper

do you still daily it or you got a better one alongside it?
Its the same exact truck as a ranger, just a little different body styling. It’s the only car I’ve had and I’ve been driving about 10 years. I rebuilt the motor and had the clutch, shifter linkage, slave cylinder, and tons of other parts replaced on it to keep it going

Its the same exact truck as a ranger, just a little different body styling. It’s the only car I’ve had and I’ve been driving about 10 years. I rebuilt the motor and had the clutch, shifter linkage, slave cylinder, and tons of other parts replaced on it to keep it going
Seems like a good truck, keep enjoying it bro, hope it lasts many miles more.

Nice. My father owned a 1998 Ranger manual, and later on owned a 2007 Ranger automatic. Great trucks, and both were the 2 door 7 foot length bed versions. Only reasons we sold the second ranger is because it started rusting out and we didn’t want problems, plus it was only a 2wd. The truck he bought after that was a 2016 Colorado Z71 off road edition with a 2 inch lift kit. Still technically a mid size truck, but it’s way bigger than an old ranger and almost the size of a Silverado.

is it a general rule to not push the clutch while press the gas down?
If you're giving it gas while pushing the clutch you will burn the clutch up. If I'm at a stop I usually just let of the clutch slowly because if I give it gas while doing that the car will go too fast. The reason for doing it uphill is obviously to stop you from rolling back but you have to be quick with letting off the clutch. It's not hard I literally bought a manual car and leaned to drive it on the way home. I stalled a few times but you get the hang of it.

Nice. My father owned a 1998 Ranger manual, and later on owned a 2007 Ranger automatic. Great trucks, and both were the 2 door 7 foot length bed versions. Only reasons we sold the second ranger is because it started rusting out and we didn’t want problems, plus it was only a 2wd. The truck he bought after that was a 2016 Colorado Z71 off road edition with a 2 inch lift kit. Still technically a mid size truck, but it’s way bigger than an old ranger and almost the size of a Silverado.
Nice the new ones are too big imo and yea i definitely feel for guys who live in the salt belt

Nice the new ones are too big imo and yea i definitely feel for guys who live in the salt belt
Yeah, I don’t understand why the newer “mid size” trucks are so big. The 2016 Colorado I have might as well be a full size truck, because when it’s parked next to a Silverado, there’s barely any size difference. Living in the salt belt sucks at times. So many nice vehicles get ruined by rust. That’s why I never take my 1971 Camaro out on salty winter roads. My dad bought that car in 2010 from Arizona because he couldn’t find a decent classic car around here. He took great care of it for the last 14 years, and I’m taking just as good care of it after he passed away and I inherited the car.