Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Truecel trait: You remember the 80s (and that was when you peaked)

M

magyl

Greycel
I notice a lot of guys here are extremely young. And with that I mean born in the late ninetees or even 2000s. That is just unbelievable to me. The year 2000 feels like basically yesterday. Basically nothing has changed since then, except more smart phones. I don't feel like I'm almost 40. I feel like I'm still 18-20 and somehow hoping for miracles to happen, but it never will of course.
When I was a little child though, many adults thought I looked cute. That was my peak I guess. I wish for a time machine to travel back to the 80s. The only time I actually was happy.

This was 20 years before most of you were even an embryo. I don't think you can call your self a true incel until you've experienced at least 20-30 years of loneliness and rejection. When you're my age, "everyone" at your age has their own family. They don't hang out with friends, and stopped doing so 10 years ago.

When you are 19-20 years old it's very common to be single or even virgin so it's not that bad really. Just wait till you are 40 and you'll see. Time moves faster than you think. Much faster.
I sure hope there are older guys here who can relate. Maybe someone older? Maybe it will get better as you turn 50 or 60?

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that fellow old cel. I really am. :feelsbadman::cryfeels:

However, @Emba do you relate to this? :feelshehe::feelscomfy:

I'm about 10 years younger than you but I can already relate to the fact that life gets even worse as an ageing incel. It has for me in the past couple of years.

I wish. I would argue that if most of the incels on here had their adolescent years (and up until their early 20s) during the 1980s, most of us wouldn't be browsing this site.

I'm your age and I can relate. Things are in many ways worse for unattractive men these days, but teenagers shouldn't call themselves incels. In fact no one who hasn't been rejected (face to face) 20 times in a row should call themselves incel. But for some reason they want to give up so quickly and rot with us lifers.

I wish. I would argue that if most of the incels on here had their adolescent years (and up until their early 20s) during the 1980s, most of us wouldn't be browsing this site.
This is true. If you look at this celibacy by age chart, you'll see that people born in the late 70s early 80s have the lowest rate of sexlessness.
Celibacy by age

This of course means that incels in that age group are the most unattractive and should have extra privileges on this forum.

Last edited:
Fellow oldcel, I'm 25

I wish I coulda experience the 80's :feelsbadman:

Fellow oldcel, I'm 25

I wish I coulda experience the 80's :feelsbadman:
I was only a little boy back then, and it may be influenced by that fact, but it truly felt like a special era compared to the 90s and later. It was more optimistic times and the future seemed so bright.

I still get that cozy feeling I had as a child when I hear an 80s song.

I am sorry to hear that fellow old cel. I really am. :feelsbadman::cryfeels:

However, @Emba do you relate to this? :feelshehe::feelscomfy:
No. Sry can't relate...

I p3ak3d in the 70s
No op. It doesn't GET better.

You just get used to it...

The year 2000 feels like basically yesterday. Basically nothing has changed since then, except more smart phones. I don't feel like I'm almost 40. I feel like I'm still 18-20 and somehow hoping for miracles to happen, but it never will of course.
Same. 1983cel here.

When I was a little child though, many adults thought I looked cute. That was my peak I guess.
OMG brother I can't believe I've finally found you!:feelskek:
This was 20 years before most of you were even an embryo. I don't think you can call your self a true incel until you've experienced at least 20-30 years of loneliness and rejection. When you're my age, "everyone" at your age has their own family. They don't hang out with friends, and stopped doing so 10 years ago.
I don't think any of this competitive " you're not a truecel like ME" helps anyone, we're all om whatever path we're on, nobody is happy about being here, but this is the only like minded community there is, people just need to take it for what it is.
I sure hope there are older guys here who can relate. Maybe someone older? Maybe it will get better as you turn 50 or 60?
I'm 38 and I'm much happier than I was 10 years ago. Late 20s and early 30s, you're still thinking "if I find someone soon it can still all happen for me. That desperation leads to severe anguish. Now I'm past that and I've accepted ill never have a little girl to push on a swing or a little boy to comfort after he fell off his bike. That future is gone, and I've mostly finished grieving it now. What remains is just... acceptance I guess. My life is what it is. I'm better off focusing on the things I can do.
I still get that cozy feeling I had as a child when I hear an 80s song.
Fuck yes.

There was nothing coy or ironic about Jon Bon Jovi with massive hair belting out WHOA! LIVIN ON A PRAYER

It was 100% genuine and it was all about the awesome power of rock.

Last edited:
I feel some sort of connection to the 80s as that is when my siblings were born so I kind of grew up watching media from that era. I still have a 1989 Chipmunks VHS tape in my house.

I find that being the youngest in a family is a little different than someone who has younger siblings.

Most truecels rope at age 50
No. Sry can't relate...

I p3ak3d in the 70s
No op. It doesn't GET better.

You just get used to it...
Just kill yourself is the answer

Or "just go to therapy" if you are that desprate

I feel the same way about 2010. Seems like it was just yesterday I was starting college.
. Now I'm past that and I've accepted ill never have a little girl to push on a swing or a little boy to comfort after he fell off his bike.
:cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

Same and am 27, well not exactly the same but it resonates.

I'm about 10 years younger than you but I can already relate to the fact that life gets even worse as an ageing incel. It has for me in the past couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back