Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Too Depressed; Father is forcing me to work through it (GTFIH!!!)

• Thread starter CHOoseWisely123
  • Start date
CHOoseWisely123

CHOoseWisely123

Monk
★★★
I’ve worked with my father in construction since I was in 16. I’ve painted, installed cabinets and now that my father owns a construction company I’m basically his assistant.

Sounds all fine and dandy right?

However I never was actually thought how to do my job correctly EVER, so I never maintained the knowledge on how to do the job and have the skill. Basically I have ZERO skills that would land me a job in the marketplace with decent pay.

Currently I’m just a little errand boy assistant that isn’t taught anything about how construction works or the process. I’m basically just told to fetch things for other people and that’s fucking it.

I’m 23 and my father has NEVER thought me how to be useful so I can value my own time by working a job that pays decent.

He wants me to be a slave extension of himself that is forced to do menial tasks that he doesn’t have the time to do.

And now he’s angry that I’m in this limbo of working for him for a while, realizing it’s pointless and isn’t actually helping me… financial wise and career wise. So I just end up getting too depressed because of that and just give up.

Having no career prospects and dating prospects is literally pushing me over the edge. I want to commit suicide as soon as I get off probation man. I want to buy a gun and shoot myself, only myself. Somewhere quiet and peaceful.

I’m getting really tired of not being able to have responsibility without authority.

I’m a fucking loser.

You from Canada? Or where

Taught, not thought.

Taught, not thought.

He wants me to be a slave extension of himself
that's really typical for modern families, boomers in a nutshell basically, they don't ever want to be replaced, they want to be immortal beings

nothing to do besides fend for yourself

IMG 0903

My parents gave away my emotional support cat because my mother was tired of all the fur around the house and my father hates pets.

FML:feelsrope::cryfeels:

I love you willow, I’ll always remember you.

TFW you're too stupid to understand what's going on without being explicitly told...

You should be asking questions like "why do this or that." So when he finally gives you his business, you'll be well versed in all the terms...

Carpentry is fucking basic easy stuff that pays very well. Once you know the basics you can take that skill anywhere! (As long as the economy is good there)

You should just be able to gather the information by observation bro. But modern folks usually want to know "why."

Ancient apprenticeships were a lot shittier. Much slavery, and the best knowledge was only transmitted at death of "the master."

TFW you're too stupid to understand what's going on without being explicitly told...
Sperg trait, people always shit on me for being like this and people think I’m retarded. Pure suifuel its not my fault for being like this

Sperg trait, people always shit on me for being like this and people think I’m retarded. Pure suifuel its not my fault for being like this
Sometimes you just have to ask the why of things bro... You'll just have to deal with it. Eventually you'll catch on. There's not much to it tbh. But it can be esoteric (weird AF) if you don't know the why of it.

at least he is free from being a wage slave and from ill-intentioned comments from co-workers.

If you've worked in a job for 7 years and haven't learnt anything, that sounds like your fault, buddy boy.

Goydonalds, i tried for the last minute tring to fit the word goy to other fast food chains but i cant. Wendy's, chickfila, Burger king

You should be asking questions like "why do this or that." So when he finally gives you his business, you'll be well versed in all the terms...

Carpentry is fucking basic easy stuff that pays very well. Once you know the basics you can take that skill anywhere! (As long as the economy is good there)

You should just be able to gather the information by observation bro. But modern folks usually want to know "why."

Ancient apprenticeships were a lot shittier. Much slavery, and the best knowledge was only transmitted at death of "the master."
This is the only way out for OP, abandoning parents won't work since he's got no job prospects. Hopefully he can make it

This is the only way out for OP, abandoning parents won't work since he's got no job prospects. Hopefully he can make it
I would hope so... But 7 years of "not understanding" how to cut and nail up some wood, is a bit, sad.