Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming To all the pc gamers here, which gpu did you choose?

Which gpu do you use?

• Nvidia

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • Amd

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
grayjedi90

grayjedi90

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?
★★★★
amd-vs-nvidia-min.jpg

Nvidia but i read Nvidia and AMD actually have/HAD a secret partnership to inflate graphics card costs and slow down the technology at their own pacing. Real competition was back when 3DFX, Nvidia, ATI, Matrox were going at it and you'd see leaps in tech quickly.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/30/nvidia_settles_lawsuit/
Nvidia has settled a class action lawsuit that alleges it conspired with AMD to fix graphics chip prices.

The proposed settlement, outlined in the company's latest filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), offers initial plaintiffs $112,500 and a further $1.7m to all the others who subsequently signed up when the lawsuit attained class-action status.

Nvidia's financial statement indicates it would pay $850,000 into that $1.7m fund - it's not so stated, but it's clear that it hopes the remainder will come from AMD. This package requires the approval of the court. If it's so approved, it would entail the dismissal of all claims on Nvidia by class-action plaintiffs. It does not cover their legal costs.

Wouldn't be surprised if AMD and Intel have a similar deal with x86. Glad other CPU makers are becoming more successful without Windows, might be a shift eventually to gaming outside x86 Windows Platform but i guess same conspiracy stuff happens where its 2 of the top dogs competing with some secret partnership to inflate costs and slow down technology releases.

PC gaming? What a bunch of nerds. TREY 4 LIFE!!!

Nvidia but i read Nvidia and AMD actually have/HAD a secret partnership to inflate graphics card costs and slow down the technology at their own pacing. Real competition was back when 3DFX, Nvidia, ATI, Matrox were going at it and you'd see leaps in tech quickly.

Wouldn't be surprised if AMD and Intel have a similar deal with x86. Glad other CPU makers are becoming more successful without Windows, might be a shift eventually to gaming outside x86 Windows Platform but i guess same conspiracy stuff happens where its 2 of the top dogs competing with some secret partnership to inflate costs and slow down technology releases.
Fuck these kikes man

Fuck these kikes man

lol i think all businesses are like this but they have good Public relations departments to twist around reality, Microsoft for example had a few anti-trust suits buying up competition or purposely changing open source code to a Microsoft only variation.

There's a documentary about diamonds and how debeers purposely limits supply of the rock to inflate the cost, its not as rare as we're told.

I'm using AMD. Never again.
Driver support is a fucking joke.
I had to use an outdated driver for a long time because the new ones KEPT CRAHSING.
I currently have to run a custom fan curve to prevent the damn thing from overheating, even though I replaced all thermal pads and used liquid metal!!!!
I literally don't use the heater of my room anymore, because this fucking garbage GPU is heating it up SO MUCH.

AMD has nice linux:soy: drivers, so AMD.

EVGA 1060 6gb

RX 580 8gb was not even an option at the time because of crypto jews. Fortunately I was early enough for it to be $250

I'm using AMD. Never again.
Driver support is a fucking joke.
I had to use an outdated driver for a long time because the new ones KEPT CRAHSING.
I currently have to run a custom fan curve to prevent the damn thing from overheating, even though I replaced all thermal pads and used liquid metal!!!!
I literally don't use the heater of my room anymore, because this fucking garbage GPU is heating it up SO MUCH.
What amd gpu do you have?

Nvidiachads are the majority I see.
I currently have a Powercolor Vega 64. I don't see myself buying a new GPU in the next 3-5 years. I'm focusing on music right now and I'm slowly leaving gaming behind. Games just don't do it for me anymore, but I'm still desperately trying to find good new games.

Last edited:
I have a GTX 1050Ti, it's pretty decent I guess.

buying amd is akin to autism

I barely game anymore. Micro transactions and SJW influenced stories have ruined most games for me. I have a Switch that I play Japanese games on.

AMD is in general more supporting of open source efforts(e.g. Vulkan, FOSS drivers) and also has better linux support. This matters if you care about privacy and security and you do not want to be spied on.

honestly though mine's an all in one so I had to use my built in CPU. its gay but whatever.

I have a ps4 but I am desperately trying to make the switch to pc

>tfw GTX 650
:cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels:

It's fine though... I stopped enjoying games.

Had nvidia since childhood.. decided to take amd when i was 16-18 then I missed nvidia and bought gtx 1070. nVidia = nostalgia and AMOG

Damn brutal blackpill
In early 2016
giphy.gif

Can't do anothing other than nVidia cuz of work :|

Used to have amd but it was hot as fuck and eventually died. Now I enjoy sub 50 temp on nvdia.

Why amd so bad? :feelstastyman:

im a laptopcel 940mxcel

GTX 1070 but I'm saving for a 1080ti

Happy1

Unfortunately I wasn't Yellow Pilled yet . . . so went with NVIDIJEW

Knowing what I know now, based Taiwanese AMD always.

That's goes for Intel-aviv as well.

Never again NVIDIJEW or Intel-aviv in any of my computer systems.

Though in my defense this was before Ryzen and AMD was kind of lame before that came out.

I am still using my 980. It's showing its age but keeps on trucking. Waiting for the 2080 prices to settle.