Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious To All Religiouscels - How Do You Rationalize Your Belief In An All Powerful, All Knowing, Good God? (Epicurean Paradox)

yw
So your goal is more of rebirth in the fine material realms?
View attachment 244552

yes.but in my astral projection experience along with long discussions with other occiletcels, convinced me that any type of world that can be imagined can exist. so I am aiming to go to a world that meets my specific criteria. And by having high attainment in meditation, eventually I will be able to astral project at will and permanently remove astral body connection to this realm and reinstate myself to the desired body in the other realm.
JFL if you guys think you can do any of this shit without a humans sacrifice or something (and that's if its even possible), nothing of such value can be gained without sacrificing something
I used to believe in sacrifice methods. but I tried evoking various demons including Lucifer, Belial, Azazel and more. I did blood ritual, all types of shit. and most of the time either nothing happens or the success rate is just too inconsistent and not viable. but astral projection and meditation stages can be trained, are far more consistent and the rewards are greater at high enough level. I understand that most people will be skeptical of these claims and rightfully so. I was to skeptical, until I was able to temporarily astral project.

Last edited:
I used to believe in sacrifice methods. but I tried evoking various demons including Lucifer, Belial, Azazel and more. I did blood ritual, all types of shit. and most of the time either nothing happens or the success rate is just too inconsistent and not viable

Nothing happened either way, you are coping, all this "power" is just out there waiting to be claimed and yet nobody else has done it yet and come out public, this shit should be indisputable by now

Wait, let me guess, the illuminati is killing off all of these people

I was to skeptical, until I was able to temporarily astral project.

How do you know you actually did astral projection?

There was a time I dreamed I was sleeping and looking down on my body and I went to a friends house, but I don't go out and I had no knowledge of the geography so my mind just dreamed up plausible landscape during the "travel" of me flying around, after going out I realized there was no way I saw what I saw

A lot of people have seen shit that made them think they had an "out of body experience", of course it "felt real", a lot of shit feels real, that's the purpose of your brain

Religion and bluepilled bullshit are very similar. Both are false but people believe them because of how it makes them feel, not because of the evidence. They both heavily influence how the culture in the west was, is, and will be shaped. They both promise things that will never come true, and when you point out the flaws, and that you will never go to heaven or get a girlfriend, you are told that what you believe is morally wrong and that if you would just believe what they say then it would come true - again with no evidence presented.

The only ”evidence” that is presented for both is shoddy, poorly constructed arguments, full of fallacious statements and nonsensical garbage. There is no data, studies, or statistics to prove either, but there is a ridiculously large amount of data to prove them both wrong

Nothing happened either way, you are coping, all this "power" is just out there waiting to be claimed and yet nobody else has done it yet and come out public, this shit should be indisputable by now

Wait, let me guess, the illuminati is killing off all of these people

How do you know you actually did astral projection?

There was a time I dreamed I was sleeping and looking down on my body and I went to a friends house, but I don't go out and I had no knowledge of the geography so my mind just dreamed up plausible landscape during the "travel" of me flying around, after going out I realized there was no way I saw what I saw

A lot of people have seen shit that made them think they had an "out of body experience", of course it "felt real", a lot of shit feels real, that's the purpose of your brain
the occult power is shit, can't be relied on, it's why occult masters normally selling ebooks and shit since their magic is basically placebo. it's why I said better to do Spirtual Ascension directly by going thru meditation stages.

as for astral projection. once you can do it consistently, that's when doubt that it's merely a mental illusion is removed.

Even this argument is covered in the image, the implication of this argument is that

A. He's just doing it this way because he wanted to despite the suffering (which means he's not "good" or "loving")

OR

B. There are forces at play that dictate that he had to create a world with evil (which means he's not "All Powerful")

If this is a test then HE'S NOT "ALL KNOWING"

LITERALLY EVERYTHING IS COVERED IN THIS IMAGE, THERE IS NO EXCUSE

GOD CANNOT BE "GOOD", ALL POWERFUL AND ALL KNOWING AND THE WORLD BE LIKE THIS, AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE 3 ATTRIBUTES BECOMES FALSE
I actually heard some bs argument that the reason he created humanity wasn't so that he could be worshipped and shit, but that he wanted free beings to choose his way and didn't want for everyone to be robots.
That's nonsense since the avg guy who has written fantasy media and shit could create a far better civilization than human beings while also letting them be free if he was given the right powers. Look at eternals, asgardians and all that crap in marvel, for instance.

it's why I said better to do Spirtual Ascension directly by going thru meditation stages

JFL dude there's no difference between that and the occult, what can you actually do that is useful with your so called "spiritual ascension"

Can you use it to get resources?
Can you use it to get money?
Can you use it to get laid?
Can you use to to become immortal?
Can you use it to artificically enchance your IQ so you are a genius (even at least termporarily)?

NO
NO
NO
NO
and NO

So how do you even know its working?

Do you know what "confirmation bias" is?

By what criteria are you determining that "its working"?, what is your "litmus test"?

as for astral projection. once you can do it consistently, that's when doubt that it's merely a mental illusion is removed.

You are using circular reasoning, I just explained this to someone else in this very thread:
You are using circular reasoning, this is the biggest indicator of someone being illogical, you are presupposing that they are indeed remembering past lives IN YOUR ARGUMENT TO VALIDATE THEY HAD PAST LIVES

I swear I don't know how people end up using circular logic, if you have any self awareness you immediately realize the argument is fallacious

Its like me saying - "Personality matters, how do you explain all those women falling for man's personality"

I'd be assuming FROM THE START WITHIN THE ARGUMENT that they did indeed fall in love with these men's personalities which makes my entire argument pointless as I'm presupposing I'm right to begin with, a circular argument is the most fallacious kind of argument to make, because its you PRETENDING that you are arguing when you are really just ASSERTING THAT YOU ARE RIGHT

You said "do it consistently", what is your criteria for whether you did it at all?

How can you tell?, you can't say "I just felt it", that's not criteria, how do you accurately determine a successful astral projection to a failed one?

I actually heard some bs argument that the reason he created humanity wasn't so that he could be worshipped and shit, but that he wanted free beings to choose his way and didn't want for everyone to be robots.
That's nonsense since the avg guy who has written fantasy media and shit could create a far better civilization than human beings while also letting them be free if he was given the right powers. Look at eternals, asgardians and all that crap in marvel, for instance.

Exactly

JFL dude there's no difference, what can you actually do that is useful with your so called "spiritual ascension"

Can you use it to get resources?
Can you use it to get money?
Can you use it to get laid?
Can you use to to become immortal?
Can you use it to artificically enchance your IQ so you are a genius (even at least termporarily)?

NO
NO
NO
NO
and NO

So how do you even know its working?

Do you know what "confirmation bias" is?

By what criteria are you determining that "its working"?, what is your "litmus test"?

You are using circular reasoning, I just explained this to someone else in this very thread:

You said "do it consistently", what is your criteria for whether you did it at all?

How can you tell?, you can't say "I just felt it", that's not criteria, how do you accurately determine a successful astral projection to a failed one?
my views can't be proven. The thing with this Spirtual stuff is that without personally experiencing the phenomenon, a person will not be convinced. As for it not giving resources, yes I agree that for this world, you can't get anything out o spirittual maxing. that is why I am trying to use astral body to attach myself to another realm.

my views can't be proven

I don't think you get the point

HOW DID YOU PROVE IT TO YOURSELF?

WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO ASTRAL PROJECTION?

WHAT IS YOUR CRITERIA?

The thing with this Spirtual stuff is that without personally experiencing the phenomenon, a person will not be convinced

Dude I have an interest in alchemy, I actually plan on looking into it because it interests me, but I'm approaching it, like any "mystical" thing I plan on looking into, like a scientist, I'm not going to say some BS like "you just have to believe" or "you have to experience it yourself"

Anyone who is being honest with themselves knows something like that is prone to confirmation bias, sometimes you can make yourself believe things if you want them to be true badly enough

This is the purpose of "tests", to determine if something is true or not

If you aren't doing that with your "astral projection" then you can't really say that you have actually did astral projection, as YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW

I have archives, gigs upon gigs of occult books, documents, etc, some I got from a torrent for an exclusive occult forum that you need admission to get access too, and its currently closed off (a bulk of stuff was leaked in a torrent so I got it that way)

I do plan on looking into some of these things and I'm serious about it, its a joke to basically just say "I know I did it, you have to experience it to know", there has to be actual criteria

I don't think you get the point

HOW DID YOU PROVE IT TO YOURSELF?

WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO ASTRAL PROJECTION?

WHAT IS YOUR CRITERIA?

Dude I have an interest in alchemy, I actually plan on looking into it because it interests me, but I'm approaching it, like any "mystical" thing I plan on looking into, like a scientist, I'm not going to say some BS like "you just have to believe" or "you have to experience it yourself"

Anyone who is being honest with themselves knows something like that is prone to confirmation bias, sometimes you can make yourself believe things if you want them to be true badly enough

This is the purpose of "tests", to determine if something is true or not

If you aren't doing that with your "astral projection" then you can't really say that you have actually did astral projection, as YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW

I have archives, gigs upon gigs of occult books, documents, etc, some I got from a torrent for an exclusive occult forum that you need admission to get access too, and its currently closed off (a bulk of stuff was leaked in a torrent so I got it that way)

I do plan on looking into some of these things and I'm serious about it, its a joke to basically just say "I know I did it, you have to experience it to know", there has to be actual criteria
the truth is spiritual stuff can not be consistently replicated. that's why I gave up on most occult shit but meditation and astral projection. as these two methods are skill based, cna be trained, have documented reports from monks for hundreds of years, have recorded stages and methods.
you can feel the progression. I agree there is no tangible benefit until you finally attain success and leave this shithole realm.

the truth is spiritual stuff can not be consistently replicated. that's why I gave up on most occult shit but meditation and astral projection. as these two methods are skill based, cna be trained, have documented reports from monks for hundreds of years, have recorded stages and methods.
you can feel the progression. I agree there is no tangible benefit until you finally attain success and leave this shithole realm.

Ok so lets get this straight

1. It can't be consistently replicated

2. You think that something that CAN'T BE REPLICATED is somehow SKILL BASED, when you have NO CRITERIA for measuring the "skill"

3. You are going on documented reports by people who could be just as wrong as you (again you are using circular logic and presupposing those "reports" are accurate when you can't confirm it yourself)

4. You are going based off of "feelings" when you say "you can feel the progression"

5. The only perks are what you THINK will happen after YOU DIE

I hope I don't see you in any threads calling normies NPC's or saying "they are blue pilled", you are literally no different from a person like that

Ok so lets get this straight

1. It can't be consistently replicated

2. You think that something that CAN'T BE REPLICATED is somehow SKILL BASED, when you have NO CRITERIA for measuring the "skill"

3. You are going on documented reports by people who could be just as wrong as you (again you are using circular logic and presupposing those "reports" are accurate when you can't confirm it yourself)

4. You are going based off of "feelings" when you say "you can feel the progression"

5. The only perks are what you THINK will happen after YOU DIE

I hope I don't see you in any threads calling normies NPC's or saying "they are blue pilled", you are literally no different from a person like that
meditation and astral projection can be consistently replicated on a personal level. what I meant by saying it cannot be replicated was referring to it on societal level. you can't ever know what another person is feeling or their experiences. but your own personal project can be documented and see substantial developmennts

meditation and astral projection can be consistently replicated on a personal level

HOW DO YOU ACCOUNT FOR CONFIRMATION BIAS?

you can't ever know what another person is feeling or their experiences

Feelings aren't dependable criteria, you literally sound like a woman with these kinds of arguments, your feelings don't mean anything

but your own personal project can be documented and see substantial developmennts

C-O-N-F-I-R-M-A-T-I-O-N
B-I-A-S

I have no belief in all powerfull god. Maybe "god" like absolute, cause and result of all things in same time, but thats not "all powerfull", and no "good" even more, but more like hellgod, escaping from itself

HOW DO YOU ACCOUNT FOR CONFIRMATION BIAS?

Feelings aren't dependable criteria, you literally sound like a woman with these kinds of arguments, your feelings don't mean anything

C-O-N-F-I-R-M-A-T-I-O-N
B-I-A-S
There is objective ways of measuring progress. how long are you able to go without a though/ meditate t, how long did it take to have asrela body detach from personal body etc. these are all things that can be measured.

There is objective ways of measuring progress. how long are you able to go without a though/ meditate t, how long did it take to have asrela body detach from personal body etc. these are all things that can be measured.

"There are objective ways to measure something that I myself have admitted is subjective, cannot be consistently replicated, and will only yield benefits conveniently after I die, so there's no way for me to truly see if its working or not"

I'm done, you are a joke, you have to be trolling, JFL if you think you are more logical than any blue piller

Last edited:
They are retard copers, imagine worshipping a god that condemned u to a life of suffering :feelskek:

If God was real, we would all have a beautiful family and a peaceful world to live in.

Not religious at all

@Mainländer @Opus132 @Teutonic Knight What counter arguments can you present? I'm genuinely curious.

The counter argument is simply that, just because the logic of an argument seems to be ironclad, doesn't mean it is metaphysically tenable.

I'll give you a simple example. Take the problem of infinity. If something is infinite, by definition that something must contain everything, including that which is finite, which means that, "logically" speaking, in order for something to be truly infinite that something has to also be finite therefore infinity cannot exist.

This is essentially what Epicurus was doing. Can God create a rock he cannot lift? No, he cannot, but that does not mean he is no longer "all powerful", for what the argument amounts to here is whether something that is absolute can be more powerful than itself, which is metaphysically nonsensical. It's like asking whether infinity could be greater than it is, and if it cannot, therefore it cannot be infinite.

Epicurus is essentially what happens when you cut off reason from metaphysics and you create this self contained way of thinking where metaphysical absurdities are argued in the name of a "sound logic".

Quoting Schuon as i consider him to be the best and most complete authority on metaphysics we had this century:

Epicurean reasoning is based on ambiguities regarding the very notions of “evil”, “willing”, and “power”. First of all: will and power are inherent in the Divine Nature, which is Absoluteness and Infinitude; this means that God can neither go against His nature nor will anything that is contrary to it on pain of contradiction, hence of absurdity. It is impossible, because absurd, that God would have the power to be other than God, to be neither absolute nor infinite, or not to be at all; and He cannot will what lies outside His power in that it is contrary to Being. God is all-powerful in relation to the world, His creation or His manifestation; but Omnipotence can in no way act on the Divine Being Itself, given that this Being is the source of Omnipotence and not conversely.

So God's omnipotence cannot act on God himself, because he is both Absolute and Infinite and therefore and the way i see it the problem with Epicureanism is an inability to conceive of either the absolute or the infinite and to see everything in relative terms, including God, who can only be omnipotent in relation to us, but not himself for he is power as such.

As for the question of evil, refer to the following source:

The gist of the argument being simply that Absolute existence, which is what God is, is also by necessity infinite, but to be infinite it means that it must contain everything, including that which is finite, but that which is finite cannot obviously share in the same ontological status of the infinite, therefore, all those lower possibilities must manifest themselves in a lower plane, which is the realm of contingency and relativity. This is known as "emanationasim", which is the idea that the universe and everything that exists comes out of God but is NOT God, unlike pantheism, which proclaims and God and creation are one and the same. God inhabits a place that is outside contingency altogether, but being infinite, he must manifest various level of "relative" possibilities hence the universe and everything in it, including good and evil, for if the universe were to be perfect than it would absolute which means it would just BE God and therefore the whole question goes back to the beginning.

So the problem of evil is not so much "why" evil exists, but why certain people are more subject to it than others, and that has everything to do with the being or the "soul" or however you want to think of it of a person defecting from the perfection of the divine and miring itself further down the levels of relative manifestation, and the further they move away from the perfection of God the more they "suffer" because of this loss.
If God was real, we would all have a beautiful family and a peaceful world to live in.

If God had a choice on the matter, nothing would exist apart from him. There is no reason to have anything existing beyond anything which is already perfect, thus, the fact we have a plane of existence where imperfections exist implies this plane of existence must exist out of necessity and its imperfections are its very reason for being. A universe "without evil" would just overlap with God himself so that nothing would exist except for God.

Last edited:
I'll give you a simple example. Take the problem of infinity. If something is infinite, by definition that something must contain everything, including that which is finite, which means that, "logically" speaking, in order for something to be truly infinite that something has to also be finite therefore infinity cannot exist.

JFL no, it could simply be infinite, you are making a false dichotomy, containing a finite amount of objects doesn't dictate that the space holding it can't be endlessly expanding and it must also be finite, you are taking a few logical leaps there to assert the predetermined outcome you already wanted
Can God create a rock he cannot lift? No, he cannot

Actually if he's all powerful he can, he could create a boulder he can't lift, and then use his power to make himself stronger to lift it, both can happen, just not at the same time obviously, and it can repeat on and on endlessly

Humans are going to one day create AI that surpasses our intelligence, and then we'll probably use that AI to do genetic engineering research, and then we'll enhance ourselves so that we may even surpass the AI in some capacity

The power of a beings creation can surpass it, that is not an indication of any "contradiction", it could very well just be a temporary change in position/state

Last edited:
Depending on the religion it's not exactly a secret.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. -Isaiah 45:7 KJV

Granted there's probably a more favorable translation of that passage, but in all the Abrahamic religions at least he clearly either creates evil or willingly tolerates it.

Anyways I don't get the point of coming to the point that God exists and then coming up with moral qualms on whether he is worthy of your worship/dedication. I don't believe in objective morality especially outside of god.

If he is sadistic and narcissistic what's their to be gained? Is he going to spare you from suffering because you spite him instead upon realizing he has a sadistic streak?

It seems like little more than stumbling at the finish line to me.

I'll also say there's Gnosticism as well so you don't necessarily have to have a pro-creation opinion to believe in Christ.

Last edited:
If he is sadistic and narcissistic what's their to be gained? Is he going to spare you from suffering because you spite him instead upon realizing he has a sadistic streak?

If he's a sadist, then you'd be wasting your time trying to "play it safe", as were all fucked anyways, so you might as well just do whatever you want and enjoy whatever time you have left

There might not even be a "finish line"

I always bring this up and its like Christians never even think about this

"Do you really think millions of people are going to be completely alright with friends and family being tortured for eternity?"

Seriously how come no Christian even brings up such an obvious problem, like people are just going to be walking around heaven smiling and grinning knowing that their best friend is getting tortured forever :feelskek:

I can't see that happening, there's going to be another rebellion, its never going to stop until somebody actually stops God

Last edited:
If he's a sadist, then you'd be wasting your time trying to "play it safe", as were all fucked anyways, so you might as well just do whatever you want and enjoy whatever time you have left
If he has some sadistic streaks why are we all fucked anyways? This world could all be nothing more than a game to see who "wins" and "loses" (goes to heaven or goes to hell). That would be sadistic in a sense to create a world like that but there would still be winners and losers.

He seems to be honest in the bible that he willingly creates/tolerates evil.

In fact, under this lens all the suffering in the world doesn't really matter compared to the infinite reward or punishment. You can even argue that suffering is on par with living a pleasurable life or preferable considering third world countries seem to be the most pious. Eastern Orthodox immigrants probably the most pious among Christians.

Last edited:
Actually if he's all powerful he can

See, this is what i mean. You are essentially asking whether infinity could be "bigger" than infinity.

God's power is absolute, which means there cannot be anything that is above it by definition, which means God cannot be all powerful in relation to himself, which is not a contradiction to his omnipotence anymore than to say infinity cannot be greater than itself is a contradiction of the reality of the infinite.

In essence, the problem with the Epicureans, the Sophists, and everybody associated with that line of thinking, which includes most modern thinkers as well, is that they cannot understand metaphysics. The "problem" does not lie in the logic, but the definition and the understanding (or lack of there of) of the terms used.

Reason, by itself, is a tool whose efficacy hinges solely on whether the person using it has a correct understanding of metaphysics. By itself, reason becomes "rationalism" which is what happened in the west with the Greeks and then with the Renaissance, and rationalism actually contradicts itself at the outset since you cannot "prove" rationalism using reason alone, which already shows you how fundamentally deficient the kind of "thought" that led to the modern age actually is. Only in someone like Aristotle we find a "reason" that is not divorced from metaphysical certainty, which is why both Christian and Muslim theologians were able to incorporate Aristotle in their thought.

From my part, i'm more into pure metaphysics, which puts me in the same camp as a Plato, a St Anselm, a Meister Eckhart, or an Ibn Arabi. Not really big on Aristotle but he is infinitely preferable to the Epicureans who run modern society.

Last edited:
Lol at all the balding no lifers on here acting like religion or its restrictions were ever a problem in their lives

Not like you’ll get to indulge in any of the pleasures of a secularist society, other than writing epic paragraphs for le science ofc

I’m not religious tbh

See, this is what i mean. You are essentially asking whether infinity could be "bigger" than infinity

No, you are asserting that "infinity" is a "state" (unchanging) rather than a "continuously advancing position"

God's power is absolute, which means there cannot be anything that is above it by definition

If his power is absolute, then he can surpass his own power, and that would still be inline with his power being absolute, there is no contradiction here, you only see one because you are viewing the concept of infinity from the concept of it being a "single state", which doesn't even make sense, as infinity would have to be something that is endlessly expanding, you can't slap a label on a concept and say its infinite

If were in a room with infinite space, it would be that the room is constantly expanding, not that the room "IS JUST INFINITE BRO" JFL, that doesn't make sense, if I start walking towards the "end" of the room, the space of that room has to be continuously expanding else I will reach the end, infinity is not a "state", its a process, in order for something to be infinite, it has to be continuously advancing

The definition of infinity you seem to be implying CONTRADICTS WHAT INFINITY IS, its like you are asserting that "INFINITY IS FINITE", JFL

THEN IT ISN'T INFINITE THEN

If his power is absolute, then he can surpass his own power
See, no, it doesn't work that way, because by definition there cannot be anything that is above something that is absolute. To say that God's power cannot be absolute unless it can transcend itself is a metaphysical absurdity.
If were in a room with infinite space, it would be that the room is constantly expanding, not that the room "IS JUST INFINITE BRO"
Actually, that's precisely what infinity is. Infinity is not compromised of a constantly expanding series of finite values. You cannot keep "adding" numbers until you get to infinity. Infinity is a totality which inhabits a completely different plane of existence than any finite or relative dimension.
And this ties back to the emanationist argument in that the universe is essentially the infinity of God "exhausting" itself in a relative plane, which means certain things MUST be the way they are out of necessity. The universe MUST have opposites, it MUST be dualistic. Asking "why" God allows evil is to misunderstand completely both the nature of God and the nature of creation and physical reality.
The problem with inceldom is not the existence of ugliness and physical beauty in and of themselves, because those things are predicated in the very essence of our reality. The "problem" is simply why certain individuals are subject to the contradictions of relative existence. An incel