Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Thoughts on WWE Royal Rumble

Ellsworth

Ellsworth

Chad but they let me post here anyway
★★★★★
Tbh i rarely watch wrestling but still follow it. I constantly hope it will return to the days of the attitude era and NWO. Though it won’t.

Two things I really liked about Royal Rumble was that Edge came out of retirement after 9 years. Really like Edge and glad he’s back, just hope he’s not taking unnecessary risks.

Drew McIntyre won the rumble. I’ve been very impressed with him and glad he won. He should be a good matchup vs Lesnar.

Isn't their a new wrestling company owned by a curry coming out?

Edge coming back was very nostalgic ngl

Is it based or cringe?
I never watched it yet tbh. I believe it is on Wednesday night.
Edge coming back was very nostalgic ngl
Yeah I bet the pop in the crowd was crazy live.

I suspected he could one day return ever since he speared Elias a few months back. If you’re not medically cleared they won’t even let you do something like that.

I don't watch that tbh

didnt watch. saw edge came back on youtube and santino put on a wig again. i got goosebumps when i heard the crowd reaction in the edge vid, ngl.

and edge's spear still sucks shit.

It really breaks my heart when I see wrestling now and know the dark truths behind it. All the political schemes, career management etc.

Basically if you're not whitish looking, tall with good frame/chin you'll never make it as a huge star.

Look at Cena and his fucking jaw. No wonder he became so big. He fit all the fucking boxes!

Tbh i rarely watch wrestling but still follow it. I constantly hope it will return to the days of the attitude era and NWO. Though it won’t.

Two things I really liked about Royal Rumble was that Edge came out of retirement after 9 years. Really like Edge and glad he’s back, just hope he’s not taking unnecessary risks.

Drew McIntyre won the rumble. I’ve been very impressed with him and glad he won. He should be a good matchup vs Lesnar.
I watched it live and I won 75 pound by picking McIntyre

I haven't watched wrestling for many years.

WWE has a culture and aspect to it that I simply dont like or want to be involved with tbh. Very redneckish and degenerate from what I have seen so far

I was a fan for years but they went to shit not long after WCW folded which everyone thats a fan already basically knows.

That said hopefully Edge goes back into retirement and this was just a onetime thing otherwise he'll probably end up crippling himself.

Pro wrestling is and always has been corrupt and probably always will be, so I don't buy the whole "he has to be medically cleared to even do what he did" line of reasoning.

Anyway the Royal Rumble has probably always been my favorite WWE event since it's inception but the show is just so bad now I usually can't force myself to watch any of it.

Which sucks as today's talent roster is arguably and perhaps every bit as good as that of the WWF Attitude/WCW Monday Nitro NWO era.

Ok, ok nobody of today comes close to the charisma of the Rock or Crow Sting but Nakamura and AJ Styles are pretty damn talented and watchable for what they are.

WWF/E was always good fun. Good youngcel memories. Cliche af but the attitude era was the best of all.

I was a fan for years but they went to shit not long after WCW folded which everyone thats a fan already basically knows.

That said hopefully Edge goes back into retirement and this was just a onetime thing otherwise he'll probably end up crippling himself.

Pro wrestling is and always has been corrupt and probably always will be, so I don't buy the whole "he has to be medically cleared to even do what he did" line of reasoning.

Anyway the Royal Rumble has probably always been my favorite WWE event since it's inception but the show is just so bad now I usually can't force myself to watch any of it.

Which sucks as today's talent roster is arguably and perhaps every bit as good as that of the WWF Attitude/WCW Monday Nitro NWO era.

Ok, ok nobody of today comes close to the charisma of the Rock or Crow Sting but Nakamura and AJ Styles are pretty damn talented and watchable for what they are.
The wrestlers are just as great as the old ones, the problem is that they are scripted and not allowed to show their personalities. Also there is zero story telling and too many ppv events. The writers should be fired or exist only to help the wrestlers develop what they themselves come up with.

The wrestlers are just as great as the old ones, the problem is that they are scripted and not allowed to show their personalities. Also there is zero story telling and too many ppv events. The writers should be fired or exist only to help the wrestlers develop what they themselves come up with.

Agree with everything that you said bro, but sadly thats not the only problem with the modern talent and the show.

As Jake "The Snake" Roberts so wisely ,the young guys don't know/aren't taught in ring psychology, which if they knew it, this would help them to not only tell a better story (were they actually allowed to tell one), but add years to each performer's in ring career (and possibly life as well) since the entire match wouldn't boil down to a spot fest like it is today ie meaning less wear and tear on the pro wrestler's bodies for the uninitiated uninformed out there.

Basically what I'm talking about for those unfamiliar with pro wrestling who may be lurking and reading this is a "spot fest" is basically where wrestlers perform elaborate and incredible moves (typcally the best ones in their arsenal that help shape and show off their character as a wrestler to the world) that usually involve flying/falling from great heights and this of course even in the scripted/pre-determined outcome world of pro wrestling still hurts and harms the human body, wearing it down overtime despite the performance the wrestlers are putting on not being a legitimate sporting contest.

Agree with everything that you said bro, but sadly thats not the only problem with the modern talent and the show.

As Jake "The Snake" Roberts so wisely ,the young guys don't know/aren't taught in ring psychology, which if they knew it, this would help them to not only tell a better story (were they actually allowed to tell one), but add years to each performer's in ring career (and possibly life as well) since the entire match wouldn't boil down to a spot fest like it is today ie meaning less wear and tear on the pro wrestler's bodies for the uninitiated uninformed out there.

Basically what I'm talking about for those unfamiliar with pro wrestling who may be lurking and reading this is a "spot fest" is basically where wrestlers perform elaborate and incredible moves (typcally the best ones in their arsenal that help shape and show off their character as a wrestler to the world) that usually involve flying/falling from great heights and this of course even in the scripted/pre-determined outcome world of pro wrestling still hurts and harms the human body, wearing it down overtime despite the performance the wrestlers are putting on not being a legitimate sporting contest.

yeah I know what a spot fest or “spot show” is and I don’t like it. Sure flips are great for cruiser weights but I hate seeing big guy doing suicide dives and such. What’s the point? It’s not realistic.

Ive watched many shoot interviews on YouTube and Kevin Nash tells a story of how he did a sunset flip in a match and later in the locker room undertaker was like never do that again.

I watched it when i was 12.