Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Thoughts on "Diary of supreme gentleman" by Mumkey Jones?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
51HSqyOBRTL.jpg

Since I'm a zoomercel the Diary of a Wimpy Kid saga is a part of my childhood, I didn't read all the books (I read until the 5th or 6th I think) but still loved that franchise and the movies too, even if Dog Days was awful. So when I saw someone did a version of "My twisted world" in the style of Wimpy Kid books I was intrigued. I unironically think that "My twisted world" is one of the best pieces of writing I have ever read, sometimes I like to re-read sections and I always discover something I missed in my first reading.

I have to say that even if this version of the ER manifesto is has a more comedic than tragic tone due to the drawings, it's a nice short version of the original book. Mumkey Jones selected the best parts and cut most of the "filler" of the supreme gentleman's internal monologues, so if you want to read the manifesto but you're too lazy to read the original this is a good place to start. I don't think it's disrespectful or mocking the memory of Elliot Rodger, and anyways he was an edgelord with many autistic moments (a bit like Greg Heffley, but he's more a sociopath than an autist) so his memories in the style of Wimpy Kid saga fit surprisingly well. Too bad it skipped some of my favorite parts like the France saga, when Elliot meets his Chad friend Max Bonon, goes visiting him in Montpellier and for 3 weeks experience what normies call "life". So poetic.

Here's an archived page with the whole book. It was deleted from Amazon and from most of the other sites I suppose because of copyright: https://archive.org/details/DiaryOfASupremeGentleman/mode/2up

I’m tempted to pin it for ER fans and probably would if we didn’t have so much going on at the moment. :feelsclown: