Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

This whole need for love/sex/affection is such primitive animal bullshit. I wish I could transcend these carnal desires.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
There's some monks or priests and such that are virgins and aren't bothered by it at all, right?

Too bad religion just doesn't do it for me. I tried and it just sounds like social programming.

Maybe spiritualism or something can do it. But every time I read or watch something bout that that it just sounds like low IQ bullshit.

I don't really want children, I won't die without sex or love. And I don't like the company of other people all that much. At the end of the day it's just a hedonistic pleasure. So it's not like transcending this whole shit is impossible, right? It's just really tough. Idk, this would be much easier if I weren't a nihilist who finds everything pointless and meaningless. Damn, that sounds kinda cringy and edgy, can't believe that after all this time these are still my beliefs. Sounds like something an edgy hipster would say.

Last edited:
Just take propecia. Hair for life and 25-50% of the previous sex drive

We need to transhumanmaxx and mind-uploading on a near-indestructible android body to overcome those desires.

We need to transhumanmaxx and mind-uploading on a near-indestructible android body to overcome those desires.
The fact that such technology won't exist for centuries aside, I've thought about stuff like this. And that android wouldn't be you. Think of it this way: you make a clone of yourself. You look at it, is it you? No, it's a copy of you. There's no continuity there, there is an instance of your consciousness that continues in your body, and that clone is an entirely different entity and instance of consciousness, it just happens to be a copy of you.

Same thing with uploading your brain. It would be a copy of you, but it won't be the same instance. You are that instance, that continuity of consciousness that you feel and identify as you. A copy doesn't mean shit, it's not the same instance and thus it's not you, it's something that is identical to you, but not you.

The fact that such technology won't exist for centuries aside, I've thought about stuff like this. And that android wouldn't be you. Think of it this way: you make a clone of yourself. You look at it, is it you? No, it's a copy of you. There's no continuity there, there is an instance of your consciousness that continues in your body, and that clone is an entirely different entity and instance of consciousness, it just happens to be a copy of you.

Same thing with uploading your brain. It would be a copy of you, but it won't be the same instance. You are that instance, that continuity of consciousness that you feel and identify as you. A copy doesn't mean shit, it's not the same instance and thus it's not you, it's something that is identical to you, but not you.
We might be able to put our brains out and put it into a machine though in our lifetime.

We might be able to put our brains out and put it into a machine though in our lifetime.
I have no faith in scientists and researches to deliver any such promises. Anything like this and what's on r/futurology are basically a bunch of exaggerated and empty promises. or just pure misinformation.

I have no faith in scientists and researches to deliver any such promises. Anything like this and what's on r/futurology are basically a bunch of exaggerated and empty promises. or just pure misinformation.
That experiment was successful though. So who knows?