Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious This site is addictive

ColdLightOfDay

ColdLightOfDay

Serge’s alt.
★★★★★
It’s crazy how much time some of us spend here. It’s clear this site can have seratonin or dopamine inducing effects on the brain. I have put it down to a number of factors;

1. Loneliness. Human interaction is a fundamental need, if deprived the mind will settle for and seek out even virtual interaction through text, though this does little to quench the thirst and is like finding a drop of water whilst dying in a desert.

2. Conformation. Having other people express similar beliefs to you in different terms has been shown to spark the release pleasure chemicals in the brain.

3. Notifications. We all know that Normies are addicted to their phones and social media for this reason. The Satisfying sight of a red notification on a dull background has been shown to release seratonin, as incels this is the only place many of you will experience this effect so it continues to draw you in.

4. Fractionation - perhaps the most interesting - pleasure and pain (or anger or any other negative emotion) have been shown to amplify one other when experienced in quick succession. The basis of this site resembles a constant battlefield of [lifefuel] vs [rage/suifuel] and the fractionation that occurs on the brain mean the two are constantly exemplifying each other and are thus felt more intensely. This causes an addictive effect on the brain and leaves it craving more, much like how when you see a sad movie you enjoy it despite it’s sadness and it can leave you thinking about it for longer afterwards than even a happy or funny movie.

5. Starvation of other positive stimulation in life. Perhaps the most important factor as it is what binds all the others together. If one’s life is devoid of positive stimulation then the chemical cerebral effects of spending time on a site like this will be amplified by a factor of 10 because the pleasure centres of the brain are so eager to offload pent up seratonin or dopamine that any outlet for them to do so results in a tidal wave for a mind so pleasure starved.

Imagine eating cake every day for a month compared to eating it once per month. Chances are you will enjoy the piece more if you haven’t consumed it for a month, which is why the site can draw you in so easily if you have little else going on in your life. This is also why if you spend a lot of time here over a short period the lustre can ware off and you may find yourself spending some time away on your other copes, until a few days later when you return and upon doing so experience the dopamine enducing effects stronger than ever.

High IQ post.

high iq post and completely agree. The cucktears lurkers seem to agree too
Another reason why this place is addictive is that it's fucking funny imho. From comparing femoids to pokèmon to making fun of cucktears there's plenty of fun to be had lmao

Very good post.

Yes I love it here.

To be honest.

It makes me smile and laugh and enjoy hating women. Normies at my work must have noticed my improved mood.

If only they knew. Cucks and roasties.

High IQ blackpills and politically incorrect humor of this site. :feelsokman:

You make it sound like a drug lol.

HighIQcels at it again damm

You make it sound like a drug lol.
To some it is, I imagine Tellem-T and whogivesafucc experience withdrawal symptoms from the amount of time they spent here haha.
HighIQcels at it again damm
Thank you. I get a kick of seratonin when I read things like this. Keeping me here, haha.

Last edited:
It’s crazy how much time some of us spend here. It’s clear this site can have seratonin or dopamine inducing effects on the brain. I have put it down to a number of factors;

1. Loneliness. Human interaction is a fundamental need, if deprived the mind will settle for and seek out even virtual interaction through text, though this does little to quench the thirst and is like finding a drop of water whilst dying in a desert.

2. Conformation. Having other people express similar beliefs to you in different terms has been shown to spark the release pleasure chemicals in the brain.

3. Notifications. We all know that Normies are addicted to their phones and social media for this reason. The Satisfying sight of a red notification on a dull background has been shown to release seratonin, as incels this is the only place many of you will experience this effect so it continues to draw you in.

4. Fractionation - perhaps the most interesting - pleasure and pain (or anger or any other negative emotion) have been shown to amplify one other when experienced in quick succession. The basis of this site resembles a constant battlefield of [lifefuel] vs [rage/suifuel] and the fractionation that occurs on the brain mean the two are constantly exemplifying each other and are thus felt more intensely. This causes an addictive effect on the brain and leaves it craving more, much like how when you see a sad movie you enjoy it despite it’s sadness and it can leave you thinking about it for longer afterwards than even a happy or funny movie.

5. Starvation of other positive stimulation in life. Perhaps the most important factor as it is what binds all the others together. If one’s life is devoid of positive stimulation then the chemical cerebral effects of spending time on a site like this will be amplified by a factor of 10 because the pleasure centres of the brain are so eager to offload pent up seratonin or dopamine that any outlet for them to do so results in a tidal wave for a mind so pleasure starved.

Imagine eating cake every day for a month compared to eating it once per month. Chances are you will enjoy the piece more if you haven’t consumed it for a month, which is why the site can draw you in so easily if you have little else going on in your life. This is also why if you spend a lot of time here over a short period the lustre can ware off and you may find yourself spending some time away on your other copes, until a few days later when you return and upon doing so experience the dopamine enducing effects stronger than ever.

HighQ Post. Congrats.

i literally spend over 10 hours on average a day on this site, dead srs. mods can confirm if they have some sort of tool that tracks user hours daily.

i literally spend over 10 hours on average a day on this site, dead srs. mods can confirm if they have some sort of tool that tracks user hours daily.
same

only place i can actual relate to someone else

Do you feel like you couldn’t function without it?

I can confirm that, been hooked since I discovered this site.

Just postmaxx, bro.

It is.
People here are kind and very friendly.
Would be friend irl tbhtbh.

this is one out of only three websites the others being Wikipedia and youtube that I ever look up at

Guys, read between the lines. This is the most high IQ challenge to incels.is yet. He's telling us to quit posting here. He's persuasively explaining our behavior in very negative terms.

I check this page every morning when I wake up so I can watch people post and feel like I have friends who understand me.

I check this page every morning when I wake up so I can watch people post and feel like I have friends who understand me.
How early?

Reincarnation of Einstein tier iq.

Same

It is very addictive and a great cope.

My only regret in life is I didn't join sooner.

Found PSL when I searched experiences about jaw surgery.
After a while, I lurked incels on pleddit.
I would register sooner but I recovered from the surgery.

The only forum that I can relate. I also love reading suifuel/venting thread stories.

It won’t give you serotonin, but it will give you oxytocin. And dopamine.

High IQ post and so true. This forum is my cope and the only place I can socialize and relate to others.

Yeah but what do you do lol. I just check for new posts

Yeah but what do you do lol. I just check for new posts

i keep refreshing the page for new notifications and posts. if i dont see any after a while i just go to reddit or youtube in another tab then go back to check for notifications here.

I like being here because it's the first time I meet so many people in the same situation as me, I've met guys you could call incels but they were always bluepilled and they just tried maxxnig on something, it was always sad to see it , but people here are awake to reality and here there is the potential to spread the truth to those incels who are blaming themselves for not fitting.

interesting post. not sure about no.4 since lifefuel is uncommon, and most is just cope since in reality there isnt much hope for us in the first place.

I think it's just that most of us feel like our situation is too far removed from other people to really relate to them and make normie friends so we come here. Wanting conversation and such is normal but this is the only place we find people that we're comfortable talking to.

I spend like 10 hours a day here, it´s a place where I can find people that think in a similar way

Dark Souls is addictive. Especially when you know how to play and win.

Its extremely addictive on it 24/7

It is indeed addictive to the point that I've been in rehab ;)

Telling me. Agree with you 100%.

It won’t give you serotonin, but it will give you oxytocin. And dopamine.
Thank you, I was wondering about this, I wanted to make sure I was getting the neurotransmitters right but didn’t have time to research it properly in my lunch break.