Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

This forum is way better than r/incels

Red Shambhala

Red Shambhala

Death to America
★★
Memes are overrated. Yeah, we all had a laugh for a couple of years, but I feel that they've gotten terribly old and terrible normie. If you want le edgy memes xD, you can have them everywhere, facebook, 9gag, twitter. Also, they are a rather recent phenomenon anyway. There are "inside jokes" that develop and that sometimes make it to meme status ("Chad") but all these anti-female websites of the past were never founded simply on memes. This must have started with normies taking over /pol/ taking over pepe, I guess. Don't know. 

Also, reddit makes subs look bigger than they actually are. Being subscribed to dozens of subs and lurking in them every once in a while, upvoting a thread, doesn't mean that they are actually more active, that there's actually more going on in them. Reddit's success is largely due to the positive feedback loop that comes with your threads being upvoted, but it's a shallow/fake activity. 

Furthermore, this forum is more energized and aggressive than the sub was. This is, among other things, because of the format favoring rants and a lack of memes making it less interesting for normies to take over. 

The sub was good for a laugh and a comment with one of the many accounts the reddit system kinda forces you to have (because with that account you're banned from these subs, but with that account banned from other subs, etc.) but I think leaving behind reddit was, by and large a good thing. 

It feels much more like in the olden days. Websites and communities are shut down and taken over regularly. The dogs bark but the caravan moves on. Such is life. If r/incels was the first community you ever really felt at home, I feel for you, but this is just what it is. There is like a "meta-community" that sometimes manifests itself in various forums, sometimes it manifests itself in a chan format, sometimes in a reddit format, sometimes in a forum or a youtube format or whatever ... but the point is to not be too fixated on the temporary manifestations but to be part of the "meta-community" that moves on.

I only lurked on reddit but this place is pretty good

I love this place.

There were too many Norman invasions on Reddit.

But I need my dank peepee toad memes. Jk I agree.

I don't mind and I've actually been more active in this forum more than when I was on r/incels.

I think its somewhat of a blessing in disguise and as we're supposed to move on, also keep evolving (our minds and spirits) in some ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back