Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting There is a subreddit I hate a billion times more than IT. This subreddit caused a lot of mental damage for me

A subreddit called r/lewronggeneration. If you’re wondering who this sub is, they’re a group of people who think if you wish you were born in another decade you’re a horrible person. They also think if you criticize anything about the current generation/decade you’re a bad person. They take screenshots of comments on YouTube videos, tweets, etc of people saying they wish they were born in previous decades, people criticizing modern popular music, people criticizing smartphone addiction etc and ridicule these people.

For those who are confused by reading this, let me elaborate. A few years ago, there was an extreme stigma on the internet against saying you were born in the wrong generation. I think the stigma still is widespread on the internet today too. If you said you were born in the wrong generation, people on the internet would literally torment you. I was confused as hell. I didn’t get why saying such a thing would upset people on the internet so much. But people who claim to be born in the wrong generation (AKA wrong generationers) were NOT always hated on the internet. I searched many many forums from the 2000s and early 2010s to see when the internet’s hatred towards these people began. I found that nobody in the internet started to hate on wrong generationers until about 2012. The online stigma against them started to exist a little in 2011 or 2012 (i’d say maybe 2012) but it became extremely widespread in 2013 and was the most widespread in 2015/2016. I think today it’s still widespread. Before like 2012, nobody on the internet cared if you claimed to be born in the wrong generation. On pre-2012 forums/threads, I noticed some people said they were born in the wrong generation and nobody got mad at them at all. Also the lewronggeneration sub wasn’t created until 2013. Suddenly nostalgia towards previous decades was viewed as a evil thing on the internet. I think this explains why the 90s kids nostalgia trend disappeared in the second half of the 2010s.

I wish I was born in like 1983/1984 or something so I could be a high school teen in the late 90s/early 2000s. When I saw how hated people like me were online, I felt like an outcast online. And I would go on lewronggeneration everyday and view what they say. because of them, my OCD got significantly worse and fucked my life up in my freshman year of college and the OCD is much better but I still haven’t fully recovered from it. I didn’t get to have a normal college experience. And in 2015/2016 SEVERAL anti-wrong generation videos and anti-nostalgia videos were uploaded on YouTube and buzzfeed and whatnot including videos by Anthony Fantano, collegehumor, and that overrated aussiericecel Filthy Frank.

I got afraid of talking about the cause of my OCD problems with my therapist and didn’t tell anyone about it because of fear they would judge me, although then I realized nobody offline would care if I told them I wish I was alive in the late 90s/early 2000s only people online would bother me for it.

like I said, before like 2012, nobody online cared if you said you were born in the wrong generation.

idk if this thread is gonna end up on lewronggeneration and I won’t be checking if it does because that sub is too much ragefuel for me now, but people on lewronggeneration if you’re reading this, all I can say is you’re lucky you’ll never meet me irl. I’d have a strong urge to violently beat you in wii sports boxing (I don’t mean to sound like a wannabe tough guy).

now when someone condemns wrong generationers, I feel this intense and violent aggression and anger inside of me like I wanna violently beat them in gta v.

@ordinaryotaku thoughts?

That sub was created in response to the rampant, infantile childhood nostalgia of millenial losers that has since died down because for zoomers it was always shit.
But of course its possible reddit fucked it up and perverted its purpose over the years to turn it into yet another ideological echo chamber.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU

That sub was created in response to the rampant, infantile childhood nostalgia of millenial losers that has since died down because for zoomers it was always shit.
But of course its possible reddit fucked it up and perverted its purpose over the years to turn it into yet another ideological echo chamber.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU

90s are better than today

@JosefMengelecel thoughts? Apparently someone on IT who was mentioned recently also uses this subreddit

@JosefMengelecel thoughts? Apparently someone on IT who was mentioned recently also uses this subreddit
Not surprised tbh. They are the cancer of the internet

Many people here think if they were born a few decades earlier they wouldn’t be incel
Of course they think that, because its absolutely true.

@ShySaxon
I miss the old days. Guess I’m an awful person for wanting to turn back time to a point when women were under control and their urges were kept in check.

I miss the old days. Guess I’m an awful person for wanting to turn back time to a point when women were under control and their urges were kept in check.
I like late 90s early 2000s

Cope 80’s-90’s were better tbh not paradise but objectively better
I hate that subreddit, too. It made me stop being a wrong generationer for like a year back when I was 13-14, and then I went right back to it, because I'm 100% positive I was born in the wrong generation, just like how the stupid neckbeard bullshit made me stop wearing fedoras when I was around that age because I felt like I was gonna get judged.

The main point they try to get across is that people who think they were born in the wrong generation are naïve, and the people who say they were born in the wrong generation would actually struggle if they physically lived during the time period they wish to live in.

And the whole idea is objectively wrong.

There is a conceived notion on that sub that those "wrong generationers" wouldn't be able to live without modern technology and conveniences...if they were born and raised back then. The question here is obvious: how would wrong generationers not be able to live without modern technology and conveniences, when in the time they want to live during, the technology that we have today is likely non-existent in that timeline? I don't need to say anymore because the rest is obvious, so, in short, they're just fucking retarded.

You can do X now but you couldn't do X back then is also an argument those retards love to make. I use a lot of modern conveniences such as the Internet and video games, because the West is becoming degenerative and collapsing, due to, you guessed it, MODERN progressive values -- I can not fully escape the MODERN times as there is a lot of bullshit that I can't escape stemming from MODERN problems. If I lived during the time period I wished to be living in, I would be utilizing the conveniences of THAT time, as the culture of that time surrounding me would ultimately provoke it, whether I'd like it or not.

Although it would be cool, and I even do this to a certain extent, just because I want to live in the time period I want to be a part of, doesn't mean I'm going to live like that in the modern day. Modernist tropes will eventually trickle into my lifestyle because you can't escape the passing of time and any sort of external factors which could possibly make a personal utopia at home rather anachronistic.

I have multiple arguments and subjective opinions to why past generations are better than this one. For this example, I will use my favorite generation to sperg out about, the 1980s:

-Way better media than what we have now (music, games, movies, etc.)
-Better dating scene and no extreme lookist hypergamy, like what we have today (easy for men who weren't sub-3 to get a girlfriend).
-Everything (everyday lives and media) was less censored and monitored.
-Little to no media was politically correct or was forced to adhere to politically correct standards.
-The work to wage ratio was about equal. People weren't overworking for less wages.
-More freedom, less surveillance, until 9/11 changed everything.
-Everyone was willing to be more social in face-to-face activities.

It feels like a different world.
I would call the events that took place during 9/11 the beginning of the end, and I believe it was the final nail in the coffin (along with the 19th amendment, the sexual revolution during the 60s, growing progressive values during the 60s, Vietnam backlash, reality TV, rapid intensification of technology, and much more) that helped accelerate the degradation of Western culture even faster than the rate that we were initially going at. It's insane how instantly bad things started to arise within less than a decade of that forsaken date.

Last edited:
No music and movies weren't better.
jfl music and movies were TIMES better before versus now
you have very poor taste if you think that
THE SHIT THAT WAS COMING OUT BEFORE DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO WHATT IS POPULAR TODAY

THE SHIT THAT WAS COMING OUT BEFORE DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO WHATT IS POPULAR TODAY
Music was best in late 90s early 2000s

Music was best in late 90s early 2000s
No music and movies weren't better.
god I absolutely had when people say that music or movies werent better
70s-80s-90s kino is probably the best it ever will be, those movies are going to be watched and studied for the next century
Name one movie that is popular and left a legacy from the last 5 years-you cant. The only one that comes to mind is Avengers: Infinity war :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy:

The west has been culturaly declining and most people dont want acknowlegde that.

god I absolutely had when people say that music or movies werent better
70s-80s-90s kino is probably the best it ever will be, those movies are going to be watched and studied for the next century
Name one movie that is popular and left a legacy from the last 5 years-you cant. The only one that comes to mind is Avengers: Infinity war :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy:

The west has been culturaly declining and most people dont want acknowlegde that.
Joker was good but that was about it. Most movies today are boring

You sound like "born in the wrong generation" edgy kid.

You sound like "born in the wrong generation" edgy kid.
Honestly what’s wrong with claiming to be born in the wrong generation? Seriously so what if someone wants to live in another decade? I wanna live in the late 90s early 2000s and honestly it’s my life not yours. Me wishing that doesn’t harm anyone nor does it affect you so it’s none of your business.

seriously this stigma against claiming to be born in the wrong generation didn’t exist online until like 2012. Before that nobody online cared if you said you were born in the wrong generation. I bet if you were alive a decade ago, you would’ve never cared if someone said they were born in the wrong generation. You only hate people like me because the internet taught you to gate people like me, you NPC faggot

@ordinaryotaku look at this douchebag

If your gonna wish you were born as yourself in a different time you might as well just wish you were born as chad in present times

If your gonna wish you were born as yourself in a different time you might as well just wish you were born as chad in present times
Present times still sucks

Being born a centurt earlier just means the money in lms is a bit moee important than the L and you would work yourself to death while your wife cheated with chad anyway.

Peoole who think previous generations are better are delusional

You are a fucking retard. You could literally be born in the early 80s in the west and still could have had pairbonding looksmatch monogamy (who cares if she divorcerapes you at age 40-50, u get prime looksmatch pussy and she'll shit out ur kids). Regarding the west, it's only over for '95 (or later) born non-Chads.

It's always been bad, it just wasn't so noticeable back then or as far gone as it is now, a bleeding wound v a blown off limb & arterial bleed.

Being born a centurt earlier just means the money in lms is a bit moee important than the L and you would work yourself to death while your wife cheated with chad anyway.

Peoole who think previous generations are better are delusional

It's the typical normie mindset. They just mock and bully everything tbh. I'm not someone who believes it but who really gives two fucks about something like that lol.

Well they’re right
well they're right yes but is just another normie worship place run by social outcast and incels larping as normies just like inceltear, same shit.

It's always been bad, it just wasn't so noticeable back then or as far gone as it is now, a bleeding wound v a blown off limb & arterial bleed.
It's the typical normie mindset. They just mock and bully everything tbh. I'm not someone who believes it but who really gives two fucks about something like that lol.
i never understood why people would have a problem with someone wanting to live in another era

no. what's that about?

2 men lose their minds together while tending a lighthouse on a small island, it’s in black and white and filmed to seem like it was made 100 years ago

2 men lose their minds together while tending a lighthouse on a small island, it’s in black and white and filmed to seem like it was made 100 years ago
I think pre-2011 movies are the best

I wish I could be reincarnated. That way I'll experience all generations.

I wish I could be reincarnated. That way I'll experience all generations.
Do you live in Algeria or are you an Algerian in the western world?

Normies mock and bully to connect and fit in with each others and then act like it's people here that are dysfunctional and bad people.
Like almost every other subreddit
tbh all the mocking and bullying subs on reddit are parasite subs surviving off the content of the people they bully.

well they're right yes but is just another normie worship place run by social outcast and incels larping as normies just like inceltear, same shit.
lol

Last edited:
Wishing to live in a different time is a cope. Sure, we could live in 1960's and betabuxx for a tradwife, but we could just as easily live in pre-historic era when a genetically stronger chado sapiens would bash an incel sapiens' skull and take his food away.

Wishing to live in a different time is a cope. Sure, we could live in 1960's and betabuxx for a tradwife, but we could just as easily live in pre-historic era when a genetically stronger chado sapiens would bash an incel sapiens' skull and take his food away.
Late 90s early 2000s is awesome

I want to live in a time where the white, straight, man wasn’t demonized to high hell. That’s it. Oh and also when you weren’t monitored 24/7
America before that nigger FDR changed the US economy and those commie niggers
influenced it