Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

There are certain "feelings", certain "mental states" that feel so weird, like a certain nostalgia for a different existence.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I don't know exactly how to put it into words, but let me start this way:

Life was magical when we were newly born. Everything was new, the world was amazing. Describing it that way doesn't do it justice though, it seems an almost robotic way of describing this process. I'm not a man of religion or spirituality, but there's just something ... that I've forgotten, some certain emotions, a certain mental state that I am somehow nostalgic for. Looking out the window on a rainy day, listening to a "trippy" song, seeing certain things that evoke nostalgia - they have an inkling of this state that I'm trying to describe.

I don't know exactly where I'm getting with this, but I just want to say that it's a shame. It's a shame how life, this existence that is absolutely amazing, could've been so much more. Society and humans have destroyed the amazingness of this existence - we live lives of routine, of work and labor, of constant stress, hate, anxiety and pain. And yet this feeling, this mental state that I'm describing, feels like it transcends all of this, it's almost like I'm reminded of a life from a different world, a different plane of existence.

Too bad I'm emotionally stunted and generally unfeeling, making this state very rare. I only did psychedelics a few times in my life, back when I had a little money and legal access. Too bad I likely won't ever do them again.

I love this feeling of transcendence, this nostalgia for what feels like a happier place, a sort of better and at the same time simpler existence. It feels magical in a certain way, and it reminds me of birth, or early childhood, it reminds me of death and what could be beyond. I'm an atheist so these feelings are very weird to me, but I enjoy them very much.

hard to describe, i know. but i think i see what you're talking about.