Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[Theory] Why a prominent occipit is a bad trait

BlackPill Scholar

BlackPill Scholar

Sagittalcel
★★★★★
Preface

The brain 'sits' on the structures of the face. Expansion of the maxilla and zygomatic arch allow the prefrontal cortex of the brain to rest inside the upper skull. This is why asians tend to have flatter occipits and wider zygomatic arches.

As the brain grows, if it does not have enough space to expand sideways, then it must grow backwards.

If someone can find any studies related to expansion of the midfacial region and how the brain rests on that then please link them, I haven't been able to find any references from just a couple google searches jfl.

Main point

Atleast from a side viewpoint, an occipit that is too large can signify malformation of the face. This is why mouth breathers are commonly presented with thin foreheads and prominent occipits. Without proper tongue posture and expansion of the maxilla, the growing brain did not have enough room for lateral expansion, and thus the brain grew towards the occipit.

Then there's people like Sean O'pry, who have both well developed cheekbones and a protruded occipit. You can have both like in his case, but these are outlier examples.

A long occipit isn't a bad trait itself, it just indicates that other areas of development have the possibility of being bad. A peacocks feathers have no evolutionary use, but they imply that said peacock had good genetics to find enough food and flee from predators.

No joke I look like the trucel dude fucking kill me already

Great post!

Prominent occiput is fine but the problem lies in poor vertebral position and orientation. Poor breathing and the skeletal structural consequences of that create that kink in the neck to support the weight of the skull. The neck vertebrate move more foreward but because of the heavy weight of the skull+brain, a kind foreward head posture disallows for normal ear neck muscles to gain mass.

Resting posture with a kinked neck makes the muscles atrophy worsensing the occipital "protrusion." The body tries to resolve the problem of keeping the head upright AND open the airway (even if its suboptimal.) Opry still has kind of a kinked neck btw.

I listen to some lectures on facial expansion and breathing issues and from the orthodontists that use midface expansion devices the air ways are expanded in 3 directions, more importantly in sagittal dimensions. When that happens, unbeknownst to the orthodontists speaking about it, the added benefit is that neck actually straightens out to a more columnar orientation, its more straight.

Here is a lecture on MARPE's

Its a good lecture (I think its worth watching the whole thing) but these cases in 49:20 to 56:00 are good to demonstrate how airways affect the neck and how it holds the skull+face.

Mouth breathing destroyed my life. Its over

got a small head to fit my small brain, at least the back part doesn't do the gay alien bulge

glad I have a big head I guess, people with very small/thin heads always weirded me out, maybe I was envisioning the brain physics all along

How u gon diss kangs

got a small head to fit my small brain, at least the back part doesn't do the gay alien bulge
Don't worry too much.

Also, just as a question. Have you ever had your testosterone levels tested? Or is there anything to indicate you might be high or low T?
glad I have a big head I guess, people with very small/thin heads always weirded me out, maybe I was envisioning the brain physics all along
Makes sense, intracranial volume is a good measure of proper craniofacial development and testosterone levels, aswell as the general wellbeing and lifestyle as a fetus, baby, child and adolescent.

Last edited:
Also, just as a question. Have you ever had your testosterone levels tested? Or is there anything to indicate you might be high or low T?
never tested, but I think its low since high pitch voice and low facial hair even after puberty

never tested, but I think its low since high pitch voice and low facial hair even after puberty
If your still reasonably young, get your hormone levels tested or just start taking testosterone if you can be bothered. I strongly believe it would help you.

I can't be bothered to find it but if you look at my thread history I made a post about the skull and testosterone effects, I think it was called 'Your masculinity is largely determined by the size of your viscerocranium'. I posted a study as a reply that backed up the whole idea, and due to what I've found looking at skull sutures, even in the neurocranium, testosterone has a strong effect on general expansion of these areas. Though I'm unsure if it will be as effective in adulthood as in adolescence.