Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel The Wealthy in Florence Today Are the Same Families as 600 Years Ago

3000showers

3000showers

✩✩✩✩✩
★★
fuck being a poorcel , the only thing that matters in this life is coming out from the right vagina
You could have inherited an empire and lived life to the fullest from day 1

Researchers compared data on Florentine taxpayers in 1427 against tax data in 2011 and found about 900 surnames still present in Florence​

BN-OB702_floren_P_20160518101802.jpg

New research from a pair of Italian economists documents an extraordinary fact: The wealthiest families in Florence today are descended from the wealthiest families of Florence nearly 600 years ago.

The two economists -- Guglielmo Barone and Sauro Mocetti of the Bank of Italy -- compared data on Florentine taxpayers in 1427 against tax data in 2011. Because Italian surnames are highly regional and distinctive, they could compare the income of families with a certain surname today, to those with the same surname in 1427. They found that the occupations, income and wealth of those distant ancestors with the same surname can help predict the occupation, income and wealth of their descendants today.

As they wrote for the economics commentary website VoxEU, "The top earners among the current taxpayers were found to have already been at the top of the socioeconomic ladder six centuries ago."
Their research was made possible by a fiscal crisis. In 1427, Florence was near bankrupt from an ongoing war with Milan and so the Priors of the Republic conducted a tax census of about 10,000 citizens. They took stock of the name and surname of the head of household, their occupation and their wealth.
About 900 of those surnames are still present in Florence, with about 52,000 taxpayers having those names. The authors note that Italian surnames are especially good for this effort, because they are highly regional. While not every person with a certain surname in Florence today will be a descendant of the people with that name in 1427, it's a good bet that most are. To see how these "families" had fared over the intervening six centuries, they compared the surnames against Florence's 2011 tax records. (As a condition of access to this data, the authors did not publish the surnames.)
They find strong evidence that socioeconomic status is incredibly persistent. The wealthiest surnames in Florence today belong to families that, in 1429, were members of the shoemakers' guild -- at the 97th percentile of income. Descendants of members of the silk guild and descendants of attorneys -- both at the 93rd percentile in 1427 -- are among the wealthiest families today

Some of the wealthiest families in Florence today had ancestors who were prosperous shoemakers in the 1400s. Here, Salvatore Ferragamo--who died in 1960 and thus was not in the scope of this report--shows off his Florentine workshop where he made shoes for celebrities.

It's no surprise that wealth can be inherited or that one's parents play a large role in determining your social status. Other research has found that descendants of Japan's samurai -- 140 years after the end of the order -- remain elites in Japan. The economist Gregory Clark at the University of California, Davis, has written a book "The Son Also Rises" showing how wealth and status can persist for centuries.

Still, the length that Florentine families have remained high status remains remarkable. Consider, in 1427, the Renaissance masters Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo had not been born. Florence would go from rule under the Medici family, to a Republic, back to the Medici.The city would fall to the Holy Roman Empire following the 10-month Siege of Florence. The Medici line would go extinct, the city would be taken over by Napoleon. It would lose its role as the head of a city-state to become part of the Kingdom of Italy, under Rome. The fascist dictator Benito Mussolini would rule from 1922 to 1943, followed by a Nazi occupation of Florence. Following the war, the city would undergo a period known as the "miracolo economic italiano" -- the Italian economic miracle -- with GDP growing more than 8% a year. Per capita GDP would grow more in this period than in the entire five centuries from 1400 to 1900.

One might be quick to draw parallels to the research of Thomas Piketty, the French economist who documented the rise of income inequality, especially at the top 1%. The authors resist that link.

"The paper is about economic mobility (or persistence), that is whether the rich remain the rich," the economists wrote in an e-mail from Mr. Mocetti, "But this does not necessarily imply that they are getting ever richer. Therefore there is not a direct relation with the Piketty argument (increasing inequality over time)."

The economists say their evidence suggests persistence is somewhat highest for the wealthiest, which they interpret as evidence for "the existence of a glass floor that protects descendants of the upper class from falling down the economic ladder."

But they note their research is not focused on the super elite at the top 1% of income. Their finding is for the overall population. The entire top 33% of the income distribution in 1427 is likely to be wealthier today. This is a far broader group than Medici princes and dukes, with castles and estates to hand down through the centuries. This suggests that some 25 generations later, the hundreds of descendants of comfortable -- but far-from-regal -- leathermakers are likely to be doing quite well, and it's not because they inherited great(x25)-grandpa's shoes and belts, let alone his palaces.

This evidence suggests social class persists up and down the scale, for wealthy families and middle-class and poor, through renaissance and economic boom, through busts and upheavals, through military occupations and overthrows, through republics and kingdoms and dictatorships and for centuries and centuries.

Last edited:
Inherited wealth usually stays where it is, what a surprise.

the surprise is that it stays for 600 years. If you are born poor, it's over for you. Once again showing that subhumans are completely justified in hating their parents.
Not really most of the wealthy families can trace their line from 1000 years ago, to who still hold majority of the wealth in the world. Sure some break into the super wealthy from middleclass but its rare not the norm.

I came across this some months ago.
Reinforced my revolutionary visions.

the surprise is that it stays for 600 years. If you are born poor, it's over for you. Once again showing that subhumans are completely justified in hating their parents.
my ancestors were all rejects , drunk violent schizos or low tier wageslaves.
fuck this shit , in 600 years all that was passed down to me was a norwood 3

I came across this some months ago.
Reinforced my revolutionary visions.
what revolution and why?

they have superior genes that explain their success. the system is fair and best when all the best genes can prosper. do you support communism, i.e. the waste of good genes and a system that promotes dysgenics/cacogenics (decrease in population quality)?

what revolution and why?

they have superior genes that explain their success. the system is fair and best when all the best genes can prosper. do you support communism, i.e. the waste of good genes and a system that promotes dysgenics/cacogenics (decrease in population quality)?
I just want richfags to be killed, take their money and give it back to proletarians.

yup, even things like wealth and socioeconomic status are determined from birth but feminists and wageslaves have to convince themselves to work hard for scraps lmao, just neetmaxxing for me

does the research mention their heights?

does the research mention their heights?
Considering that they are all loaded and most of them are CEOs of grandpa company or something else they are probably over 6ft like 90% of CEOs

Just work harder bro :soy:.

Not really most of the wealthy families can trace their line from 1000 years ago, to who still hold majority of the wealth in the world. Sure some break into the super wealthy from middleclass but its rare not the norm
Proof?

It's remarkable such wealth persists, but not surprising. Many people associate a family name disappearing with the wealth dissipating as well. It's easy for one person to set his family and ancestors up for decades, but hard for just one idiot in the family to ruin everyone's wealth. When you think about it, that wealth should have proliferated amongst the general populace in Florence, but we all know wealthy people just marry each other. Very rarely will someone marry outside their wealth bracket.

One pet peeve of mine is when people claim some millionaires and billionaires are "self-made" simply because they didn't inherit their literally all of their wealth. It's clear some people just have a leg up in life. For every Oprah, there's 50 billionaires who were born in the top 1% but just not a billionaire yet. Just look at the current top 10 list, only Ellison could be considered as not being wealthy growing up, but not everyone can be a psycopathic Jew. Everyone else there grew up in an environment that would have put them in the top 10%, if not 1% of their countries' respective income brackets.

This explains the consequences of marrying down in social class. I inherited all of the laziness and neuroticism from my lower-class mother's family instead of getting high concentration and good memory from my upper-middle class father's side.

what revolution and why?

Life is a war of all against all, and everyone pursues their own interests, you are not so naive as to think that the "genetically superior," as you put it, care about anyone else, are you? And it is only natural that an incel would support a system that promotes its interests, particularly dysgenics.

what revolution and why?

All humans are equal in death if you catch my drift

Just Be Medici theory

A challenger appears:shock::

It's no surprise that wealth can be inherited or that one's parents play a large role in determining your social status. Other research has found that descendants of Japan's samurai -- 140 years after the end of the order -- remain elites in Japan. The economist Gregory Clark at the University of California, Davis, has written a book "The Son Also Rises" showing how wealth and status can persist for centuries.
Just from the title of this post I knew that Gregory Clark was going to be mentioned here. The Daily Mail article I posted above is also talking about a study he did.

Honestly recommend his research on this topic if you want some brutal, undilluted blackpills on how much your socioeconomic status is predetermined and impossible to change. In one of his studies, he found that some 80% of the current Chinese elite are the descendants of the Qing dynasty-era elite, despite there being an entire literal classicide meant to wipe out the oppressor class lmao.

yup, even things like wealth and socioeconomic status are determined from birth but feminists and wageslaves have to convince themselves to work hard for scraps lmao, just neetmaxxing for me
Just work harder bro :soy:.

A challenger appears:shock::

Just from the title of this post I knew that Gregory Clark was going to be mentioned here. The Daily Mail article I posted above is also talking about a study he did.

Honestly recommend his research on this topic if you want some brutal, undilluted blackpills on how much your socioeconomic status is predetermined and impossible to change. In one of his studies, he found that some 80% of the current Chinese elite are the descendants of the Qing dynasty-era elite, despite there being an entire literal classicide meant to wipe out the oppressor class lmao.
Historical mogger class always continues to mog

Historical mogger class always continues to mog
yeah, alpha males of the group wouldn't change, the truth is genetic, enviroment and EXPECTATIONS have a huge impact on how you turn out, so not only does chad have the genetics and enviroment to be the alpha male, it is expect of him meaning people will lie down and offer everything to him. Chad literally does no work to mog people do it for him its ovER

Social mobility is a myth. One of the worst crimes you can commit is having kids poor. Humans are born and live a life of many needs. If those needs aren't spoken for at birth, you're essentially creating a lower-class slave for the elites.