Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News The Wall confirmed real? "Scientists find humans age dramatically in two bursts – at 44, then 60"

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Luminary
★★★★★
For both genders though.

The mid-40s ageing spike was unexpected and initially assumed to be a result of perimenopausal changes in women skewing results for the whole group. But the data revealed similar shifts were happening in men in their mid-40s, too.

“This suggests that while menopause or perimenopause may contribute to the changes observed in women in their mid-40s, there are likely other, more significant factors influencing these changes in both men and women,” said Dr Xiaotao Shen, a former postdoctoral scholar at Stanford medical school and first author of the study who is now based at Nanyang Technological University Singapore.

Interesting:feelswhere::giga:. So if aging isn't a steady process but instead something that proceeds in bursts and lulls, does that mean we could theoretically delay those bursts or prevent them from happening in the first place? Serious lifefuel for lifeextensioncels if true:feelsahh::bigbrain::feelsLightsaber:.

Research suggests that rather than being a slow and steady process, aging occurs in at least two accelerated bursts.

The study, which tracked thousands of different molecules in people aged 25 to 75, detected two major waves of age-related changes at around ages 44 and again at 60. The findings could explain why spikes in certain health issues including musculoskeletal problems and cardiovascular disease occur at certain ages.
“We’re not just changing gradually over time. There are some really dramatic changes,” said Prof Michael Snyder, a geneticist and director of the Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University and senior author of the study.

“It turns out the mid-40s is a time of dramatic change, as is the early 60s – and that’s true no matter what class of molecules you look at.”
I mean, that kinda makes sense now that I think about it. Dunno about the other guys here, but for me, mid-40s definitely is just about the cutoff point where I go from looking at a large majority of women and being like, "Hell yeah, I absolutely would the moment I could:feelsdevil::feelsohh:," to where that becomes a 50/50 thing whether a woman gets that sort of reaction from me. And 60 if I remember right is already considered the point at which people officially become old, so that doesn't really surprise me, though it's interesting to see that, yes, that transition is also biological.

And apparently, that might not even be the end:feelsmega:.

Previous research suggested that a later spike in ageing may occur around the age of 78, but the latest study could not confirm this because the oldest participants were 75.

So we can peak at 60 like Rich Coper says?:feelsahh::feelsahh::feelsahh:

Once again, science more or less confirms our beliefs. :feelsjuice: