Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The Three Types of Skinnyfat and How To Approach Them

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Buff Auschwitz Escapee
-
I'm making this thread as an addendum to my thread 'HOW TO FIX SKINNY FAT ONCE AND FOR ALL', where I recommended a rapid fat loss protocol as the most effective and efficient way to break out of the skinny fat body type. While my stance on the matter hasn't changed, I do understand that what essentially amounts to a protein-sparing modified fast with added weight training is not a manageable or attractive option for every one of you who may be struggling with skinny fatness, so I'm going to give you other options that I, although wouldn't personally recommend, would accept as reasonable ways to escape skinnyfat.

These options are ordered from what I would most recommend to what I would least recommend, and I'm not including options that I believe would be a mistake, such as bulking above 20% body fat. All these options are also assuming you're weight training on an acceptable program.

Type I: Skinny FAT

sFpIpJj.jpg
SKINNY-FAT-14.jpg

More fat than skinny. Most skinnyfats fit into this category. You look like an avocado or a potato with toothpicks for arms. Body fat percentage is probably 18-22%. A loose-fitting shirt probably doesn't fool people into thinking you're not chubby like it would for your leaner Type II counterparts. Probably can't do a pull-up or take your shirt off in public without wanting to be struck dead on the spot. You likely have a fat baby face with little to no jaw definition.

Here are your options:

1. Rapid fat loss

Here, you would be aiming to lose around 2 pounds per week, preferably a bit more for your first few weeks. Protein should be at 0.8-1.2 grams per pound of bodyweight, you should lift, and your daily caloric deficit should be around 1000. You can expect to diet like this for 12-16 weeks, or more depending on your adherence, tracking your weight loss and adjusting your caloric intake to adjust for your decreasing body mass until you get to sub 14% body fat. Expect to be painfully skinny by the end.

2. Moderate fat loss

This entails weight loss of 1 pound per week, with the same variables as above but with a smaller daily caloric deficit of 500. With this, you have a slightly better chance of achieving body recomposition, i.e. concurrent muscle gain and fat loss, but that is not to be expected. This approach will take about twice as long as the first one, and you'll still probably be skinny.

3. Body recomposition with slight fat loss focus

You would lose a bit less than half a pound a week with this approach. Same protocol as above with a slight caloric deficit of 200. This will be a brutally slow process that might not even happen at all if you have poor genetics. Expect to become Type III Skinnyfat before your recomposition slows down to a grind more tedious than you can reasonably handle.

Type II: SKINNY Fat

attachment.php
zy8twx.jpg

More skinny than fat. A loose shirt hides your chub pretty well, but once the shirt comes off, you look like a porker. Body fat percentage is probably at or slightly above 15%. Honestly not terrible; better than most guys. You probably have a normal-looking face, at least as far as fatness is concerned, or you may have stubborn face fat.

Here are your options:

1. Rapid fat loss

Unlike your Type I counterparts, you should only need 4-8 weeks of aggressive dieting to get lean enough to not be skinnyfat.

2. Moderate fat loss

With fat loss of one pound per week, your chances of body recomposition are lower for you than they are for your Type I counterparts due to your lower body fat percentage, but you should get to a decent body fat percentage sooner than they would.

3. Body recomposition with no weight change

Eating at your caloric maintenance may or may not result in concurrent muscle growth and fat loss, though it might be worth a try if you're willing to give your genetic makeup the benefit of the doubt. It does happen for most to a reasonable degree.

4. Lean Bulk

As you are relatively lean, you have the option to set fat loss aside and focus on gaining muscle size. A slight caloric surplus of around 200 per day should be sufficient to fuel optimal muscle growth while leaving your current body fat percentage largely unchanged. After several months to a year of lean bulking, you should look leaner despite not having a lower body fat percentage. If you have good genetics, you might even see a slight decrease in body fat percentage. Not recommended if you have stubborn face fat.

Type III: Trained Skinnyfat

Skinny-fat-before-and-after.jpg

You have some newbie muscle from lifting or some other sport, but it's not enough to detract from the overall skinnyfat look, and people would be surprised if you told them you lifted weights. Chances are you were a Type I who got stuck here after following Option 3 for a while, or a Type II who tried to follow Option 4 but ate too much and ended up here.

Here are your options:

1. Rapid fat loss.

Due to your higher muscle mass, this will be easier and/or faster for you than it would be for a Type I or II. However, you will need to be careful with this as you're more likely to burn off your hard-earned gains if you're reckless.

2. Moderate fat loss.

Your fat loss will take longer, but you're more likely to retain muscle, and might even build a tiny bit more with good genetics.

I was reading some of your past skinny fat postsjust there, thanks for this lol.

This is a pretty good post tbh and I had say for my body type it would be type I. This could help me lose my weight, but it wouldn't help me lose the stretch marks.

Is option 3 on type 2 basically just eating at maintenance with a lot of protein?

Pretty good post, but the solution is imo the same for every body: don't get fatter, eat right and lift more.

#1 will have to diet forever and if he finally gets lean, his prize will be looking like he came from a concentration camp.

#1 will have to diet forever and if he finally gets lean, his prize will be looking like he came from a concentration camp.
Yeah, Type I has it the worst out of all of them.

Yeah, Type I has it the worst out of all of them.

Then his friend and family will shit on him every step of the way.

"You're too skinny, stop dieting!"

but if he stops and tries to bulk, he'll just gain pure fat, stuck in and endless loop of skinnyfat

You are the most pessimistic person on this forum hands down. lol

How do you think i should burn fat? I'm option 3, should i increase aerobics?

Then his friend and family will shit on him every step of the way.

"You're too skinny, stop dieting!"

but if he stops and tries to bulk, he'll just gain pure fat, stuck in and endless loop of skinnyfat
This happens even with bona fide fat people. Overweight and skinnyfat people changing their bodies disrupts social homeostasis, which triggers normies like nothing else. Just ignore the haters and get lean.

OP what do if my arms are skinny?

How do you think i should burn fat? I'm option 3, should i increase aerobics?
Increasing aerobics works. Decreasing fat and/or carb consumption is another option.

OP what do if my arms are skinny?
Bicep curls and skullcrushers are great isolation movements for biceps and triceps respectively.

You are the most pessimistic person on this forum hands down. lol

I've been gym-celing and basketball-celing my entire life. I've seen people go through this countless times.

This happens even with bona fide fat people. Overweight and skinnyfat people changing their bodies disrupts social homeostasis, which triggers normies like nothing else. Just ignore the haters and get lean.

yup, female family members are the biggest sabotaging cunts. other than your mom, I swear most men are better cutting contact with all of them forever.

mention anything slightly stressful or hard and they'll tell you to stop what you're doing, throw it all away, and go eat some high calorie processed food

C O P E

Skinnyfat chad effortlessly mogs any gymcel or roiding retard. What part of “face and bones is all that matters” don’t you guys understand?

Skinnyfat chad
Doesn't exist. Chad's genetics and lifestyle preclude him from being skinnyfat.
I've been gym-celing and basketball-celing my entire life. I've seen people go through this countless times.

yup, female family members are the biggest sabotaging cunts. other than your mom, I swear most men are better cutting contact with all of them forever.

mention anything slightly stressful or hard and they'll tell you to stop what you're doing, throw it all away, and go eat some high calorie processed food
It's better for people who want to lose weight to keep their weight loss a secret. Telling people about your weight loss goals is just asking them to sabotage you.

Last edited:
Doesn't exist. Chad's genetics and lifestyle preclude him from being skinnyfat.

It's better for people who want to lose weight to keep their weight loss a secret. Telling people about your weight loss goals is just asking them to sabotage you.

exactly

honestly it's better just to keep your mouth shut about everything. never tell anyone your plans

Im just skin and bones. Thats it

Tbh at the end of the day it's all about genetics, chad cannot be skinny fat even if he eats pizza and drinks beer every day