Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The rule of three seconds.

smith

smith

Greycel
I have recently read a book written by a certain psychologist about, essentially, changing your attitude and eliminating impulsive passivity (that is: being passive as the first reaction to the emergence of a problem). In terms of being employed and being successful in your career, it's cool, in terms of inceldom, cope and bluepill almost as big as the entirety of the mgtow movement. With one BIG exception.

In the book (which I don't want to advertise, but I'll mention its name at the very end) there is an ongoing motif of three seconds. It is stated, multiple times, that during three seconds, human brain decides what the first plan of action in any given situation, including social situations, should be, and it is completely instinctive. The scientific proof given is rather weak and there's definitely way too many anecdotal examples, but nonetheless, in many different studies only partially mentioned in the book, it has been repeatedly proven that the first impression is what defines one's way of thinking about the other man.

Now, obviously, it's not meant to be a revolutionary statement, but think about it this way. Considering what we know about women since the free and anonymous Internet communication has been established and they started revealing just how much looks matter, just how low they rate most men and how ridiculously entitled they are in terms of their demands, the fact that it takes three seconds to make all the necessary assumptions about the other man is BLACK-PILL maximum gigantum.:blackpill:

If you are below average in terms of looks, if you are inhibited, if you have anxiety, depression, just outright shyness or even once make a facial expression that is not perfectly happy and that is the first time a foid sees or otherwise interacts with you, it forever engraves your image as a man unpleasant to interact with in her brain. The neuronal connection has been established, there's no undoing it, now she associates you with negative emotions, discomfort, and it will inevitably lead to ostracization if you indeed are depressed and continue not being perfectly happy friendly smiley all the time.

This thought process leads to inevitable conclusion, the gigantic blackpill that EVERY FOID YOU HAVE INTERACTED WITH SO FAR SUBCONSCIOUSLY DISLIKES YOU AND IS VERY UNLIKELY TO EVER CHANGE HER STANCE. Considering the fact that the stimuli which lead to you being perceived as unpleasant to hang out with are largely independent of your action/ extremely difficult to fight with as a chronically lonely man (looks, face, height, social skills, depression, anxiety, severe shyness), you effectively cannot change yourself so that the next time you met a new foid, she would at least have a neutral or mildly positive first impression.

So it is over.

The book is 3 seconds. The power of thinking twice.

seriously high IQ, good job OP
Except that its wrong to imply that the first 3 second impression cannot be changed. Its just that the first 3 seconds carry more weight as an impression than any other period of time normally. Either way its a giga disadvantage and neatly fits into the blackpill.

How can something be over if it has never started?

I prefer millisecondspill.

Its just that the first 3 seconds carry more weight as an impression than any other period of time normally. Either way its a giga disadvantage and neatly fits into the blackpill.

The scientific proof given is rather weak and there's definitely way too many anecdotal examples, but nonetheless, in many different studies only partially mentioned in the book, it has been repeatedly proven that the first impression is what defines one's way of thinking about the other man.

Indeed, but the book provoked me to think about it

In other words first impressions matter

That’s very interesting

I have recently read a book written by a certain psychologist about, essentially, changing your attitude and eliminating impulsive passivity (that is: being passive as the first reaction to the emergence of a problem). In terms of being employed and being successful in your career, it's cool, in terms of inceldom, cope and bluepill almost as big as the entirety of the mgtow movement. With one BIG exception.

In the book (which I don't want to advertise, but I'll mention its name at the very end) there is an ongoing motif of three seconds. It is stated, multiple times, that during three seconds, human brain decides what the first plan of action in any given situation, including social situations, should be, and it is completely instinctive. The scientific proof given is rather weak and there's definitely way too many anecdotal examples, but nonetheless, in many different studies only partially mentioned in the book, it has been repeatedly proven that the first impression is what defines one's way of thinking about the other man.

Now, obviously, it's not meant to be a revolutionary statement, but think about it this way. Considering what we know about women since the free and anonymous Internet communication has been established and they started revealing just how much looks matter, just how low they rate most men and how ridiculously entitled they are in terms of their demands, the fact that it takes three seconds to make all the necessary assumptions about the other man is BLACK-PILL maximum gigantum.:blackpill:

If you are below average in terms of looks, if you are inhibited, if you have anxiety, depression, just outright shyness or even once make a facial expression that is not perfectly happy and that is the first time a foid sees or otherwise interacts with you, it forever engraves your image as a man unpleasant to interact with in her brain. The neuronal connection has been established, there's no undoing it, now she associates you with negative emotions, discomfort, and it will inevitably lead to ostracization if you indeed are depressed and continue not being perfectly happy friendly smiley all the time.

This thought process leads to inevitable conclusion, the gigantic blackpill that EVERY FOID YOU HAVE INTERACTED WITH SO FAR SUBCONSCIOUSLY DISLIKES YOU AND IS VERY UNLIKELY TO EVER CHANGE HER STANCE. Considering the fact that the stimuli which lead to you being perceived as unpleasant to hang out with are largely independent of your action/ extremely difficult to fight with as a chronically lonely man (looks, face, height, social skills, depression, anxiety, severe shyness), you effectively cannot change yourself so that the next time you met a new foid, she would at least have a neutral or mildly positive first impression.

So it is over.

The book is 3 seconds. The power of thinking twice.
Fuck women dude we are giving them to much power with our attention its over we can't do anything about it.
We are unlucky at life and that equal Suffering 24/7 or 24/24.
My 1st enemy is Life not women(2 second) life rekt me from the beginning of my conception"i was born and my life was over"

In other words first impressions matter
Matter?

First impression categorizes you.

Think of it like that: people categorize other people into groups. Let's imply those groups are bubbles created by a selectively permeable membrane. It's very easy to get thrown into the bubble, the membrane just opens and boom, you're in the bubble of "Creepy Guys". However, the membrane just does not want to let you get out of the bubble at all and it requires a massive amount of strength to pull it apart just wide enough to get out. And even then, you can still very easily get thrown back, as you have been "remembered" by the bubble.

Too bad life as an incel makes the motivation to even try to get out disappear eventually, isn't it?

Nothing game-changing as you said, but interesting. When it comes to the few friends I do have, they are all people that, for various reasons, I was able to have good first interactions with. It's certainly true that the first few seconds when you meet a person are crucial. If you become the awkward guy within seconds of meeting someone, that sets a standard for all their future interactions with you.

tl;dr: first impressions matter

Just another aspect of lookism.