Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story The reason I didn't want to do a PhD...

mistersinister

mistersinister

New Creation
★★★★★
I remember I having a mental breakdown in college once for studying so many subjects at once, being sick of these tests and endless exams we have as a STEM student. Surprisingly very few of my breakdowns are about not getting a GF (because I was busy focusing on studying), and I realized "am I going to be stuck in this loop forever, where there are people always stronger than me in intelligence? yeah sure college is relaxing compared to work. and then I realized, :feelsohgod:even getting an MS IS STRESSFUL ENOUGH

And then I realize, you know what, I always was a mediocre student anyway with an IQ of barely 115, I barely survived high school even almost failing history, only survived a BS because I liked that subject very much and I calculate fast enough, I want to go to the industry as soon as possible to deal with "studying" guilt out of my head. That's why i'm just doing a master's.

@SlayerSlayer

Cbf going for a PhD anymore either after this plandemic. Heard countless of stories of PhD students being denied to graduate because they weren't vaccinated. Couldn't give two fucks about the title either. Met some of the dumbest PhD students during my internships in college. It's really not an achievement anymore.