Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory The Question of Entitlement

IncelCatechumen

IncelCatechumen

Self-banned
-
"You´re not entitled to human intimacy, sex, romance, touch, etc"

Sure, i'm aware of that. Nevertheless, the sexual dynamics of contemporary society are constructed under the assumption of sexual entitlement or at the very least in the expectation that most individuals are going to have sex. That's why they promote sex education, which necessarily implies a sense of expectation towards the sexual act. Here we are dealing with an interesting distinction: that of entitlement and that of expectation. Phycologist in their often reductionist interpretation of phenomena tend to make this distinction on the basis of reality against unreality, i.e.,: since most humans have sex - an apparent statistical reality- then sex education is justified (expectation), in contrast to the supposed entitlement of incels that is based on unreal factors (incelphobes often cite being "a good guy").

Yet, the problem with this conception is that it reifies the nature of reality, ignoring that the existence of the incel subject serves as a concrete example that defies the expectation. Incels do not have sex, and we are not an anomaly, in fact, we are a growing group. When we talk about sexeleesness, we are not talking about entitlement but rather about EXPECTATIONS. We destroy the :bluepill:notion of expectations, our existence serves as an example of that. And that´s why we appear as "problematic". Even those who want to make a more "sympathetic" approach towards inceldom tend to simply psychologize our issues rather than to recognize the structural nature of sexelesness in an unqueal sexual market (materialism).

The notion of entitlement is simply not useful to explain the incel question, it´s a just a cheap resource that incelphobes use to make superficial arguments. Furthermore, in this atomized society even the question of expectations on interpersonal relations get extremely diluted: the expectation vs entitlement issue appears as an ideological distinction rather than a real one. A dichotomy to simplify the world. :bluepill:

Let´s "play" with an example in order to exemplify the useless character of the expectation/entitlement distinction: female orgasms in heterosexual casual relations. Are foids entitled to achieve an orgasm in penetrative heterosexual sex or are they expected to achieve it? If they´re entitled, then we as guys do not have to make a women cum. Yet, to say that females are expected to achieve an orgasm during the coitus already presuppose a moral duty towards female pleasure, which is simply not codified in reality unless you want to maintain a healthy marriage, and in modern western societies the central aspect of sex is not pleasure but rather consent (which is okay). (Sorry if i'm not explaining myself correctly but i'm pretty much writing this on the march). Essentially, what i´m trying to say, is that expectations in human relations are inter-subjective and codify in norms, but those norms are merely phenomenical-phantasmagorical expressions of existing structures of power (marriage, concubines, etc, etc). Expectations are as ideological (phantasmagorical) as entitlements, beyond the social institutions that maintain those expectations there is simply nothing.

Last edited:
The sexual entitlement is a social construction. You can be entitled or not, it depends on those who fix social rules as they want. If we change rules we shall be entitled. If Taliban or ISIS fix rules we shall be entitled.

my adhd is too out of hand today for me to read all that,
but all I say is if i'm not entitled to sex, women aren't entitled to anything

I do not think I'm entitled to sex. I just want it and can never have it.