Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting The problem with meritocracy

grondilu

grondilu

Overlord
★★★★★
As I'm looking into the concept of meritocracy, I'm beginning to think that maybe meritocracy is being abused to justify the existence of positions of privilege.

Take academic tenure, for instance. People who achieved academic excellence are rewarded with a life-long position with guaranteed salary extracted from tax-payers. One could argue that this is not a privilege as such position was "earned", thus "merited" or "deserved", but one could also argue that it still is a privilege in the sense that it's the right to extract money from people without their consent. An earned privilege is still a privilege. This, to me, seems wrong. Just because you've proven you're smart or talented shouldn't grant you the right to impose your will on others for ever. Intelligent people should actually use their intelligence to produce knowledge or achieve great things, not use it as a card that would grant them special treatments.

It becomes increasingly clear to me that many positions of power or even just comfort in the world are like that : being a government employee in many countries is seen as a way to ensure professional stability and thus social success.

I suspect this is what the World order is truly fighting for : the right for smart, talented or educated people to enslave the others.

Criticism of meritocracy apparently exists. In fact, if I understand correctly the word itself was initially aimed to be derogative, in the satirical book "the rise of meritocracy".

I'll definitely have to read that book someday. Also a quick search on say YouTube points to more modern critics of the concept.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEvJUNfyBY

I guess I'll have to check this out, too.

Last edited:
It's a scam because it's not real meritocracy. Think of how the commies shout that true communism has never been done, but this time it's true and not some retarded meme

being a government employee in many countries is seen as a way to ensure professional stability and thus social success.
Me rn

Idk though, what's the alternative? Giving everyone the same rewards whether they're lazy or hard-working, productive or useless? Without some incentive to work hard no one would willingly do anything for society e.g. build roads, design cars, maintain hospitals etc. You'd have to replace meritocracy with forced labor, which doesn't sound like an improvement imo

I suspect this is what the World order is truly fighting for : the right for smart, talented or educated people to enslave the others.

I wish. It want to destroy all peoples to make slaves for the Jews.

Giving everyone the same rewards whether they're lazy or hard-working, productive or useless?

No, just don't give anyone a lifelong right to take from other people's labour without their consent.

Virtue should not justify extorsion.

No, just don't give anyone a lifelong right to take from other people's labour without their consent.

Virtue should not justify extorsion.
extorsion of some form is always going to exist. Pretty much every system out there is going to be abused in some way you can't stop it.