Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting The Perception of Tallness

CircumcisedClown

CircumcisedClown

Major
★★
Growing up, I never wanted to be tall, or at least not super tall. I come from a very tall family, where the shortest man is 5’8” and there’s only 3 people in the whole extended family below 6’0” (me included). I wanted to be 6’0” growing up, give or take an inch, mostly because that’s how tall Anakin Skywalker was and was an inch or two shorter than my dad, so it was plausible.

Tall people always looked weird to me with strange proportions and long, narrow torsos. Obviously, this isn’t always the case, but for the most part. I didn’t want to be this. By 8th grade, I was already 5’10”, and one of the taller kids in my class. The doctor told me I’d be 6’2”, and that worried me. I didn’t want to be that tall and lanky.

Lucky for me, that never happened. I stopped firmly at 179cm, which was fine with me. I also had long arms (6’3” wingspan) and long legs (~32in inseam), combined with a short torso. I had all the mechanical advantages of being tall (reach, stride, etc.) with none of the downsides (long torsos are usually a mechanical disadvantage). This was great for sports.

It wasn’t until I was approaching my senior year that it became apparent how much tall people are worshipped just for being tall. I remember a girl volleyball player making fun of me for being “only 5’9” (I’m 5’10.5”), and I was perplexed because I never saw anything wrong with my height. It had never been a physical disadvantage.
:soy::soy::soy:

Slowly, I, and all other medium-sized men, started to realize how much being tall mattered. Women worshipped them, men envied them, they got more opportunities and leadership, people constantly “joked” (praised) them for simply being vertically long. It didn’t matter if you were built like Napoleon Dynamite as long as your height started with a 6. Then, as the tallfags got older, their shoulders widened and their frames filled out, making them look like more normal humans, but bigger.
For me, I would receive no physical benefit by being 4” taller, especially given my proportions, but that doesn’t matter. It’s a zero-sum game. There’s no

>Sure, he’s taller, but that guy has longer arms and better proportions

All that matters is the number on your driver’s license and the height of your eye level.
a29b346ccdc99e78e4d48b8e8b984124.jpg

Someone like Jacob Elordi would be more objectively attractive at 6’0”, but that’s not what matters. His long torso and chicken legs achieve one purpose, raising his eye level so that people have to look up to him to look him in the eye.
That’s all it is. That’s all height boils down to. Women rant and whine about

>It makes me feel safer
>They have bigger dicks (sometimes)
>I wanna wear heels
But the reality is they want to look up to a man and feel small. That’s all there is to it.

I wanted to be 195cm because i knew the importance of height since i was 4yo. Fuck my parents for breeding as dwarfs.

what height
5’8”. I have to looksmax so my face can compensate for height.

On looksmax they told me it’s over in the West at 5’8”. Since I’m an “ogre” with bad harmony.

Yes, bragging about being statistically dead average in height.
Is this your morning height or your evening height? My morning height is 5'11", my evening height is 5'10.5". I claim 5'11" IRL, but I want to save up for elevator shoes that can take me to 6'1"-6'2"...sadly, it's hard to earn money when you're a NEET

Good thread. Didn’t read, but good thread. The vast majority of dudes on here have an insanely skewed perspective on “tallness”, they’re already insecure so they mentally block out all of the guys they see that are their height or shorter but sperg out over those taller. Also in most places you go there’s illusions that make people seem taller or shorter. Honestly the average height on this board is probably like 5’9”

I think a big issue with the perception of height is sometimes males get their wrong by 1.5-2inches higher through lying, at best-claiming shoe height, or not knowing their height.
There are cases like of celebeheight like Justin Bieber's (who seems 5'7.5) claiming 5'9/5'10, which makes those height ranges seem much shorter than usual because those shorter lied about being taller.
I have seen cases where 5'9 claimed 5'11 to my face.

I saw a case where a 5'4 dude claimed to be 5'10, and other guys lied about height like many others like here (ex: 5'10 guys with shoes; 5'9 without). Ishowspeed claimed 6'1, where he looks around 5'8; KSI is around 5'10.5.

No wonder why girls think those under 6ft are short. Clown world.

Since basically lying height is to this level, I am legit going to claim 6ft irl if I am asked by women; since last time I checked, I am off by less than 2 cm in the morning and pass it when my hair is longer anyway.

Is this your morning height or your evening height? My morning height is 5'11", my evening height is 5'10.5". I claim 5'11" IRL, but I want to save up for elevator shoes that can take me to 6'1"-6'2"...sadly, it's hard to earn money when you're a NEET
@Incelius Savage tallfags.is

I wanted to be 195cm because i knew the importance of height since i was 4yo. Fuck my parents for breeding as dwarfs.
How tall are you and your parents.

I saw a case where a 5'4 dude claimed to be 5'10, and other guys lied about height like many others like here (ex: 5'10 guys with shoes; 5'9 without). Ishowspeed claimed 6'1, where he looks around 5'8; KSI is around 5'10.5.

No wonder why girls think those under 6ft are short. Clown world.

Since basically lying height is to this level, I am legit going to claim 6ft irl if I am asked by women; since last time I checked, I am off by less than 2 cm in the morning and pass it when my hair is longer anyway.

Heightflation in action, I keep thinking that I'm shorter than my height because I keep getting confused by seeing lie about their height all the freakin' time.