Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The myth of "average height" and why it wouldn't matter even if it was true

PotatoTomato

PotatoTomato

Overlord
★★★★★
A lot of men google the average height in their country and think "haha, I'm not too far off from it! :ha..feels::ha..feels::ha..feels:"
This is however not representative of the men you are competing with. I am around 1.7m tall, close to "average" in my country. And yet, I was always the shortest guy in class, by far. How could that be? The reality is very clear: younger generations are just taller. And the "average" is brought down by old people. Where I live a lot of people in older generations went through periods of actual hunger in their developmental years (in the 60s and 70s) and so they are short. But young guys are like a different species. Are most young guys you see really of the expected "average height"? Think about it

But even if the "average" was actually accurate to the dating situation, it wouldn't matter. Because being of average height still isn't good. Being tall (a.k.a. mogging other men) is what's truly important in a female's eyes. If you have chad-tier looks, sure you can still be successful with average height. But average looks + average height? Or God forbid, below average looks + average height? It's a struggle

You have to search average for your age, or at least generation, otherwise it's just cope.

I always check the source when I read articles about average height, and see in which year was the survey done and what was the average age of sample.

If u see the Wikipedia article on average height by country they mention average age, % of population above 18 and year of survey.

Also for ethnically diverse countries like curryland things can be very misleading. Among males in North West curryland for eg, the average height is 6ft whereas south indian curries are short asf. Males in rural curryland are 5ft and in urban 5ft 8.5 in

A lot of men google the average height in their country and think "haha, I'm not too far off from it! :ha..feels::ha..feels::ha..feels:"
This is however not representative of the men you are competing with. I am around 1.7m tall, close to "average" in my country. And yet, I was always the shortest guy in class, by far. How could that be? The reality is very clear: younger generations are just taller. And the "average" is brought down by old people. Where I live a lot of people in older generations went through periods of actual hunger in their developmental years (in the 60s and 70s) and so they are short. But young guys are like a different species. Are most young guys you see really of the expected "average height"? Think about it

But even if the "average" was actually accurate to the dating situation, it wouldn't matter. Because being of average height still isn't good. Being tall (a.k.a. mogging other men) is what's truly important in a female's eyes. If you have chad-tier looks, sure you can still be successful with average height. But average looks + average height? Or God forbid, below average looks + average height? It's a struggle
They know it would be a bad move to make a height chart for men based on an age range (for ex 16-30) because it would be insanely depressing for the short people, so they stick to the "general" average height so it seems lower and not as intimidating.

Yep completely true. I just want to know the average height for 18 - 24 year old white and black males in the US. I bet its a solid 5'11 (1.8m)

It should be 5'10 178cm, but of course everyone has to grow a little taller. That shouldn't be allowed, there was a time when 5'11 was a damn nice height, a little above average, definitely 5'11 1/2, but now you be towered over at any big university but still taller than others and will feel pretty much average at just below 6 ft. Fucked up.