Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The movie "Ready Player One" is surprisingly Blackpill. VR paradise as alternative to crap life.

• Thread starter Deleted member 20987
  • Start date
Deleted member 20987

Deleted member 20987

Banned
-
To avoid a boredom induced "uk on covid-19 lockdown" coma- I downloaded the 2018 movie "Ready Player One".

The movie is a cross between videogame culture references old and new (from ATARI to Doom-Eternal), classic movies, Avatar (2009 cgi aliens), The Matrix, 80s synth-wave along with a prediction of realistic but fantisical VR taking over people's lives.

I'd say it's Director Steven Spielberg's best movie in ages and a return to form as a Director since 2002's Minority Report. I agree and ironically there was a scene from that movie that foreshadowed VR as an escape from reality.

Well now Spielberg has made an entire movie about it. Ready Player One.

I cannot describe how on point and ahead of his time Spielberg is. I bet in the year 2050-2100 where the world is an over-populated shithole, high unemployment, no-one fucking, let alone reproducing, physical + virtual VR will be an escape as well as a home workout. They'll see this film as a prophecy and laugh at our primative tech or movie special effects trying to foretell the zeitgeist.

The film is not dystopian or condeming VR, with the exception of a "data mining virtual prison" sub-plot- something very real in China where prisoner's play World of Warcraft to collect and sell rare in-game items for their corrupt government to profit.
instead the film focuses on insecure people who can pick any "avatar" they want and live a better life in VR as a strong male, a pretty boy ladies man or a stacy. It also shows women benefitting socially from the VR tech too. My favourite, inferred, scene was an overweight but clothed woman wearing a headset dancing around a poll obviously imitating stripper moves and enjoying some unseen attention- very subtle and blackpill. It would be cool if the scene switched to an "in-game view" of her avatar as a beautiful blonde stripper looking at herself in a mirror in a club, but don't want to upset incel-tears now or prove looks-law.

I passed on this movie on release as games based on videogame cameo culture are often forced memes and unfunny.Also Spielberg's "rumoured reputation" was in tatters due to allegations and revisiting "Me Too" only this time involving boys and movie producers on-set incidents.

I won't go into too much or spoil it, but I'd say it was basically what we've all been discussing here and despite the 12a, PG-13 certificate there are some pretty sexy scenes that stop short of full frontal nudity or intercourse. 49 seconds into the trailer if you have a.d.h.d as well as incel.

Also some pretty decent action violence too.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you got no reply

It was above aversge

I'm sorry you got no reply

No worries bro.

I think only me and one other incels.co poster are into this idea if it came to reality. Not sure if the other poster is trolling (the one with the VR headset and handsfree fleshlight kit profile pic).

based. I heard it was kind of stupid but I'll check it out

Very interesting ngl

based. I heard it was kind of stupid but I'll check it out

Hey bro! There he is.

If you're into VR/VR sex or videogames in general then its not stupid.

Only person I heard complain is feminists cause of the art3mis character "unrealistic beauty standards".

My reply as a "we are 95% of men called unattractive by obese hogs" male expected to be a top 5% tinder match man for women to agree to work with let alone fuck.......

ajNwRqx_460s.jpg

Last edited:
cool idea but shit movie tbh i dont remember much from it

It's not a good movie tbh, good themes, crap execution full of plotholes

I really liked the movie and it’s black pilled af just look at that small Asian kid it’s over for him that’s why his avatar is like this bad ass ninja

i didn't watch it tbh