Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The more blackpilled I become, the more I question if free will is even a thing

SupremeAutist

SupremeAutist

gatekept from life
★★★★
Am I even making decisions on my own or was I always destined to do certain things due to my genetics and environment?

Thinking about it makes me mad

Its kinda like a RPG game. You think you are in control and think you can make your own descisions, but the outcome will always be the same, no matter which dialogue/option you choose

Your free will is only confined to trivial things like - whether you'd like to cope with binging an anime or playing a game tonight

I also stopped believing in free will...

You think you are in control and think you can make your own descisions, but the outcome will always be the same, no matter which dialogue/option you choose
why give us options then ?? Makes things more brootal

Its kinda like a RPG game. You think you are in control and think you can make your own descisions, but the outcome will always be the same, no matter which dialogue/option you choose
Yeah that sounds about right, you have control of the small actions you take throughout the day but your overall life is confined to your genetics and environment

Am I even making decisions on my own or was I always destined to do certain things due to my genetics and environment?
What determines the fate of mankind in this world? The law, or some invisible being like the hand of God hovering over the world? At least, the truth is that man has no control even over his will. © Berserk Anime 1997

always destined to do certain things due to my genetics and environment
I think it's mostly this.
I want to say that you can actually change fate with considerable effort, but you would need to have the right genes to have that much willpower in the first place. The people who seem to change destiny were already fated to do so.

I think it's mostly this.
I want to say that you can actually change fate with considerable effort, but you would need to have the right genes to have that much willpower in the first place. The people who seem to change destiny were already fated to do so.
Good genes grant you the opportunity to change your fate

You have free will in the sense that you can choose to jump off a building or in front of a car. You only have the free will to end it all, everything else is predetermined.

Never be a free agent in life; let the blackpill guide you.

If you agree that the will is sometimes not free and these instances are not by our own choice (e.g. getting into a coma by some freak accident, such as being struck by lightning), then that necessarily means that there is no free will (it implies that we cannot choose when our will is free and when it is not free, which is a lack of free will). I do not think that anyone will deny that this is possible.

There are so many other sound arguments against free will and so few for free will. You don't even need to take as axiomatic anything for most arguments against free will; meanwhile, the assumptions you need to make for free will are endless.

Last edited: