Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Layout and Aesthetics of This Forum Are Good, But the Functionality Sucks

• Thread starter Deleted member 14382
  • Start date
Deleted member 14382

Deleted member 14382

Self-banned
-
For example, try replying to a member's post, and then immediately follow that with an independent comment (not replying to anyone) on the same thread. BOTH comments will appear on top of each other, right under the person you replied to (as if both comments are in response to him).

If that isn't enough, these comments will appear right next to each other, so they don't even look like they're 2 distinct comments! Fucking horrible. Whoever designed this ridiculous feature is a FUCKING MORON.

Last edited:
For example, try replying to a member's post, and then immediately follow that with an independent comment (not replying to anyone) on the same thread. BOTH comments will appear on top of each other, right under the person you replied to (as if both comments are in response to him).

If that isn't enough, these comments will appear right next to each other, so they don't even look like they're 2 distinct comments! Fucking horrible. Whoever designed this ridiculous feature is a FUCKING MORON.
Go home normie. Go back to incelcucks.

Xenoforo is the site design company who make the template for this site.
I'm not sure if you're literally just stupid but paragraphs exist and it's not often you need to do the exact thing you like to post. I mean, why would you quote someone and then talk about something completely unrelated. The posts merging into one is so that people can edit their posts like that, as it's only one person talking so not necessary to have a barrier (the meaning of which is to make it easy to differentiate between users' posts).

Connectives also exist.

You can say:

hypothetical user said:
wahh this site very stupid
Ok lol don't care

Also, I like baked potatoes on Tuesdays.
I honestly can't think of a situation that this would be a problem.

what you're describing could be done in the past but mods got rid of it to curb spammers and postmaxxers

Xenoforo is the site design company who make the template for this site.
I'm not sure if you're literally just stupid but paragraphs exist and it's not often you need to do the exact thing you like to post. I mean, why would you quote someone and then talk about something completely unrelated. The posts merging into one is so that people can edit their posts like that, as it's only one person talking so not necessary to have a barrier (the meaning of which is to make it easy to differentiate between users' posts).

Connectives also exist.

You can say:

I honestly can't think of a situation that this would be a problem.
I just knew some dipshit was going to come out of the woodwork to defend this forum's functionality, and lob a personal insult to boot. Unfortunately, you missed the whole point of my gripe.

The illustration you provided exemplifies exactly why the functionality here is so awful. Even with a space between the paragraphs, all your comments are still contained within the light blue 'bubble'. At first glance, it's easy to mistake this text as being part of your response to the "hypothetical user". In order to distinguish your reply to hypothetical user from your independent comment(s), you actually have to go through the tedious task of reading through the paragraphs. Wouldn't it be far more efficient, aesthetically pleasing, and less painful for the reader to simply display your independent comments separately (outside of the light blue response bubble)?

The posts merging into one is so that people can edit their posts like that, as it's only one person talking so not necessary to have a barrier (the meaning of which is to make it easy to differentiate between users' posts).

No, idiot. Having barriers is exactly what will allow you to distinguish between posts!

why would you quote someone and then talk about something completely unrelated.

Why would I necessarily talk about something "completely unrelated"?? Your pea-sized, simpleton brain can't conceive of a situation where I respond to a user (or users) and also address OP's comment? I do this all the time!

This is literally the only forum where I have encountered these glitches. Every other forum (regardless of topic) that I've ever posted on conforms to my idea of how it should function. Therefore, I'm afraid you're vastly outnumbered, if you decide to dig in your heels and argue with me about how intuitive and ergonomic the functionality of this forum is.

Last edited:
I just knew some dipshit was going to come out of the woodwork to defend this forum's functionality, and lob a personal insult to boot. Unfortunately, you missed the whole point of my gripe.

The illustration you provided exemplifies exactly why the functionality here is so awful. Even with a space between the paragraphs, all your comments are still contained within the light blue 'bubble'. At first glance, it's easy to mistake this text as being part of your response to the "hypothetical user". In order to distinguish your reply to hypothetical user from your independent comment(s), you actually have to go through the tedious task of reading through the paragraphs. Wouldn't it be far more efficient, aesthetically pleasing, and less painful for the reader to simply display your independent comments separately (outside of the light blue response bubble)?

The posts merging into one is so that people can edit their posts like that, as it's only one person talking so not necessary to have a barrier (the meaning of which is to make it easy to differentiate between users' posts).

No, idiot. You can easily and quickly distinguish users' posts from each other from their avatars to the left.

why would you quote someone and then talk about something completely unrelated.

Why would I necessarily talk about something "completely unrelated"?? Your pea-sized, simpleton brain can't conceive of a situation where I respond to a user (or users) and also address OP's comment without quoting? I do this all the time!

This is literally the only forum where I have encountered these glitches. Every other forum (regardless of topic) that I've ever posted on conforms to my idea of how it should function. Therefore, I'm afraid you're vastly outnumbered, if you decide to dig in your heels and argue with me about how intuitive and ergonomic the functionality of this forum is.

:y'all:username checks out :soy:

I don't have a problem with that, to be honest.
I seperate the different answers to different people with paragraphs and everyone seems to understand it.
I think it looks better than multiple posts from one user stacking underneath each other.
I never saw this as a design flaw. I don't see the flaw. I think it keeps the forum much cleaner.

I think this site uses a forum software xenforo, so all the functions and flaws comes with it.

I don't have a problem with that, to be honest.
I seperate the different answers to different people with paragraphs and everyone seems to understand it.
I created my own solution for the separation issue. It's not perfect, but it's better than the way it was:

That makes the lives of postmaxxers more difficult.

That makes the lives of postmaxxers more difficult.
OK, then you concede my point about the fact the functionality sucks. It sounds like they designed it to suck intentionally.

OK, then you concede my point about the fact the functionality sucks. It sounds like they designed it to suck intentionally.
Yeah, that in particular sucks but the functionality here still mog the one from imageboards, the kind of place I was in before migrating here. You can't even edit your post there, all threads get full of comments correcting other comments.