Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The joker was the most gay overrated shit I saw

• Thread starter Deleted member 20434
  • Start date
Deleted member 20434

Deleted member 20434

Cops don't like me. So I don't like cops.
-
Waste of fucking time tbh. Too much artsy fartsy crap. Idk which fucking incel lonely man laughs uncontrollably like the joker unless u have a physical condition, or who constantly does weird gay dances by himself - and I mean CONSTANTLY. Shit fucking sucked. I guess I could relate in some ways, but the movie overall was doodoo water.

It wasnt as great as the hype made it out to be tbh .
It left me with the feeling wanting for more .
And the ending was kind of underwhelming , i espected a grand finale and it was kind of lackluster , especially with squeezing the batman shit in there ,
But nevertheless , its still a high quality cope .

>I don't understand it therefore it's bad

There was nothing interesting about that movie, and it had no meaning. It also made no use of the "Joker" property.

Arthur Fleck showed no signs before or after his transition to being a criminal threat to society.

Its a good film, but could have been better if he had no popular support and didn't gaslight himself

NORMIE OUT, NORMIE OUT, NORMIE OUT!!!
:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

what a ballsy thing to say, the movie was ok

Waste of fucking time tbh. Too much artsy fartsy crap. Idk which fucking incel lonely man laughs uncontrollably like the joker unless u have a physical condition, or who constantly does weird gay dances by himself - and I mean CONSTANTLY. Shit fucking sucked. I guess I could relate in some ways, but the movie overall was doodoo water.
Cope ur not blackpilled if u didn't enjoy it. Probably fakecel

tell me about its meaning

Well what I took away at least was the idea of environmental determinism, rather than mass shooters being "born evil", the film tries to give a more nuanced view of what makes a mass shooter, killer, 'psychopath', you can extrapolate that idea to lots of other areas as well.

That's a heck of a lot more meaningful than "rich guy builds expensive combat suit and fights da bad guise".

>I don't understand it therefore it's bad
Honestly so many people use this logic, why is is so hard for them to say they didn't get the meaning? Why do they have to say it's bad? They are so stupid

Just because a film tries to be artsy doesn't mean it has to be good and any criticism leveled at it failed to get the "meaning". Artsy films are a dime a dozen this days. They come out constantly, get praised for being "ground braking" and then people forget about them in a week, because they aren't as profound as they parade themselves to be and they are all pretty much the same from a stylistic point of view.

You want a movie that's actually profound? Watch something by Fellini, or Tarkosvky etc. Don't fall for this hipster fad, those movies aren't really all that great, it's all style and no actual substance. Which doesn't mean they can't be entertaining but mark my word, this movie will fall into oblivion like the rest of its irk. Even its association with a well known character won't save it.

I hate how it ended but i generally liked it.

There was nothing interesting about that movie, and it had no meaning. It also made no use of the "Joker" property.

Arthur Fleck showed no signs before or after his transition to being a criminal threat to society.

Take that back faggot, this is our movie :woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke::woke:

It's not about literal laughing,it's about having a mental disease and being mistreated for this reason.

It's not about literal laughing,it's about having a mental disease and being mistreated for this reason.

I have a mental disorder and I’ve been mistreated a lot too. Been in fights, I’m prolly schizo by now too tbh. I just didn’t like the movie at all

Honestly so many people use this logic, why is is so hard for them to say they didn't get the meaning? Why do they have to say it's bad? They are so stupid
Grade A satire.Look at how op phrases his post.He quite literally did not get the movie or never cared about it to begin with,which makes his decision to watch it stupid.

Grade A satire.Look at how op phrases his post.He quite literally did not get the movie or never cared about it to begin with,which makes his decision to watch it stupid.

no real transitioning or realistic character development, random dancing scene, just overall corny. (((Hollywood))) just used incels as a marketing ploy lol

Nice contrarian post. Maybe you had your expectations too high, but honestly how much more blackpilled can a hollywood movie get without having Elliot Rodger direct it or something.

no real transitioning or realistic character development, random dancing scene, just overall corny. (((Hollywood))) just used incels as a marketing ploy lol

>No real transition
He was pushed until he broke.Thats the real transition.

>no realistic character
He was a normal guy pushed to his limits.He is more than realistic,he's relatable.

>random dancing scene
The director Tod Phillips wanted to make dancing inherent to the joker.Not to mention that he does it as a cope,because it calms him after something important/symbolic.
>(((Hollywood))) just used incels as a marketing ploy
the film never sold itself as an incel film.

>No real transition
He was pushed until he broke.Thats the real transition.

>no realistic character
He was a normal guy pushed to his limits.He is more than realistic,he's relatable.

>random dancing scene
The director Tod Phillips wanted to make dancing inherent to the joker.Not to mention that he does it as a cope,because it calms him after something important/symbolic.
>(((Hollywood))) just used incels as a marketing ploy
the film never sold itself as an incel film.

It never did until it opened a few weeks before

It's like you expected to watch an incel movie, it isn't an incel movie but it closely resembles our life and that is why there was a hype around it.
Joker is not an incel, but he is mentally ill and socially isolated like many of us and that is why we relate so much to him.

It was a shitty movie.

Felt like a smashing together of "Taxi Driver" and "The King of Comedy" -- very derivative. Slow first act, pretty boring overall. Basically functions as a character sketch with only one fleshed out character, and that character is primarily to be understood as a product of sociological conditions with limited personal agency. The setting lacked verisimilitude and that gritty, late 70s/early 80s crime-ridden New York vibe is really played out.

If the film is supposed to play with the interplay of, or boundaries between, comedy and tragedy then it isn't funny or absurd enough on the one hand, or poignant or affecting enough on the other. If the film is supposed to suggest that Fleck is the only sane man in an insane society then we aren't shown what particularly about him is counterintuitively sane -- he is delusional, mistaken about his own past, and largely pushed along by accidents and outside forces. Either of these films, or the unreliable narrator aspect of the plotting, could have been developed into something interesting. But instead they feel more like themes that are alluded but not committed to.

Hardly a game changer, but decent nonetheless

I'm assuming you've never seen taxi driver either? It's a poor man's version of it. Anyway, how is the movie overly artsy fartsy? The director made the hangoever, come on

I'm assuming you've never seen taxi driver either? It's a poor man's version of it. Anyway, how is the movie overly artsy fartsy? The director made the hangoever, come on
Are you talking to me?
~~~~
I'm glad i didn't pay to watch it. And I'm glad i didn't save it to watch it again.

But it was a pretty good movie as long as you ignore the CAPESHIT aspect.

They purposely copied a few old films. I think what happened at the end to DeNiro was symbolic of something. Joker was replacing the taxi driver.

If you didn't enjoy Joker, I have to wonder, for your sake, if you enjoy anything. I sincerely hope that you're not just wandering through life unimpressed with anything.

If you didn't enjoy Joker, I have to wonder, for your sake, if you enjoy anything. I sincerely hope that you're not just wandering through life unimpressed with anything.

you’re cappin stfu