Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious the Internet was so different 10 years ago.

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
I was born in 1997. Before 2008, i only used the internet for computer games on nickelodeon and cartoon network. then in 2008, when I was 10, i discovered youtube. when i was 11, i discovered internet trolls and shit like that. the internet was so different a decade ago. like seriously here are some examples:

Racism back then: HEIL HITLER. KILL NIGGERS. KKK 4 LIFE
Racism now: Covert racism

Cyberbullying then: suck my balls you stupid nigger
Cyberbullying now: Fuck you you bigot racist piece of shit. how dare you support trump?!

on youtube 10 years ago, there was a lot of anti-semites on youtube back then. remember when people constantly called youtube "jewtube"? Of course there was a website called jewtube so that's the joke. but people on youtube actually would say they hate jews. people on youtube kept talking about how they hate jews. there were also many nazi and KKK channels on youtube back then. now racism on youtube is more covert instead.

i also remember if you used the word "gay" or "fag" as an insult back then, nobody cared. Now if you do nowadays, everyone gets mad and calls you "homophobic".

also cyberbullies back then actually knew they were cyberbullies. today's cyberbullies instead see themselves as the victim and their victim as the bad guy. cyberbullies back then hated on you if you were different. today's cyberbullies hate on you if you have different political views or if you're politically incorrect.

back then, the type of people who were hated on by the internet were emo/scene kids and justin bieber fans. nowadays, people online instead hate on incels, nice guys and baby boomers.

what's ironic is today's cyberbullies would've been victims of cyberbullying 10 years ago. today's cyberbullies are sensitive SJWs.

Last edited:
I started actively using internet in 2001

Back in the early 2000s you could expect to be called a fag and a nigger when playing CS but people wouldn't sincerely put you down for being bad and not spending hundreds of hours memorizing spray patterns and shit. Normies take everything too far and make everything serious. Back then the trash talk was just friendly banter.

I remember all of this. It was great. Modern Internet is just a soyboy safe haven.