Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion The feeling of being unwanted and lost

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Does anyone else feel like this? Just kind of drifting around the world... isolated, etc.

I was thinking today maybe I'm just valuing the past too much and not living in the present. But just now I realised that there really are places I could be and things that could be happening that WOULD make me live in the present more.

Basically if the present was nicer, lol

Somewhere nice to live, good people around me, a feeling of belonging and some kind of role and purpose.

Anyway yeah, I guess that's about it.

I wonder if women don't have this feeling because they feel so wanted by men and men are everywhere, lol. But for us it's like we have to prove ourselves to be worth anything and the second we're not useful we're dropped. Even money doesn't really seem to be able to buy you a nice social life unless you have truly obscene amounts of it.

Interested to hear people's thoughts anyway!

Been isolated since i left school in 2013.

Maybe I need to just focus on tech jobs.

I'm a bit uneasy about covid still though so perhaps I'll go for ones that are more "introverted". Normally I'm very much an extrovert though and I'd value jobs with lots of interaction with others.

I’m invisible 95% of the time out in public

And the only time toilets usually notice me, they attempt to walk away from me after seeing my presence. And it makes me feel like shit when this happens.

I'm also thinking I should at least move to a nicer road.

Bad areas feel way more negative, I find.

I’m invisible 95% of the time out in public

And the only time toilets usually notice me, they attempt to walk away from me after seeing my presence. And it makes me feel like shit when this happens.

I think this is a common thing for guys yeah - feeling ignored by the world.

It's pretty tough on your psyche and feels unnatural because back in tribes and stuff everyone would be given some kind of function to perform.

Yes, this is precisely how I've felt since I was like 6.