Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The case for anti-depressants

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
I used to be extremely skeptical regarding anti-depressants, after hearing many stories of failure from friends, and experiencing myself such failures (Zoloft made me even more depressed, for instance). 

Recently I've been on a SNRI (serotonin-norepinephrine recapture inhibitor) and I can honestly say that it works. 

What are the effects?

1) My anxieties have completely disappeared. (This can actually be somewhat dangerous, as I don't even know whether I would feel fear in front of a danger :nervous: ). 

2) "Parasitical thoughts" have disappeared. I still feel like a failure and an underachiever given my past intellectual potential, but I must now make a conscious effort to think about all that crap. Otherwise it never crosses my mind.

3) My mood has become... strange. But in a positive way. It feels blunted, ethereal, unreal, but also a lot more serene and optimistic. 

4) I am not less lazy, but focus on intellectual work is easier.

5) I don't think anymore about women. I still have some libido but it is easily fought back.

6) I am still the same. My likes and dislikes haven't changed, my tastes haven't changed, my ideology hasn't changed. If anything, I am now more confident in my opinions.

So basically, ADs could be a good option to think about for many here.

Wow, that's great. Are you using Wellbutrin?

I am taking Milnacipran 50mg

It is not approved in the US, but I'm sure other SNRIs would work well for Americans

obviously they work, most of the time