Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory The 80s was a worse time to be an incel then today

  • Thread starter Deleted member 34918
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34918

Self-banned
-
Joined
May 29, 2021
Posts
71
Online
1d 4h 16m
I think normies glorify the 80s and 90s because it was a good time to be a normie, but for incels and any LVM, I think the 70s, 80s, and 90s would've been even worse then today. The 2000s was the best decade among the past 5 to have been an incel.

Why the late 20th century sucked...

- This was the peak of when any LVM was bullied and beaten up throughout their school years just for being a LVM. At least today we have the anti-bullying campaign which has made it not quite as bad as before. Everybody I've known who grew up in this era has told me that people really would just beat up unpopular kids because other people thought they were ugly or weird.
- Society openly worshipped chads and stacies who were allowed to run amok in high school and college doing whatever the hell they wanted and there were no controls or resistance to this behavior at all.
- Prostitutes were difficult to find without the internet. You would've had to actually kurb crawl in a sketchy neighborhood and fuck a crackhead with god knows how many STDs.
- No internet around in general to find other people in the same situation as you are. Anime was really hard to get and there wasn't nearly as much of it.
- More people suffering from lack of romantic success today has made some normie guys more sympathetic towards incels then they would've been at this time.

Here's why I think the 2000s was probably the best decade to be an incel.

- The internet was new and mostly for nerdy LVMs who pretty much ruled the net. The normies hadn't flooded social media yet.
- Nerdy hobbies had gained just enough mainstream acceptance that there was a decent amount of other guys who were into them and guys who didn't look down on them as much as before. But they weren't so mainstream as to get twisted and deformed like they are getting now.
- Every movie revolving around high school back then openly criticized chad and stacy behavior. Awkward nerds were the protagonist of a lot of movies back then. This is the only decade of film history that a decent number of US films actually pandered to LVMs. Almost as much as anime does.
- Bullying wasn't quite as bad as it was in the previous three decades (still pretty bad though).
- The woke culture was very underground and contained to certain majors at super liberal universities.
- Online dating apps didn't exist yet inflating women's perception of male attractiveness.
- Every survey shows that the 2000s had the smallest number of incels of the past four decades or so. The smallest number of guys claiming to have not had sex in the past year and the smallest number of people who claimed to have had no steady romantic partner in the past year.


I believe this is because the movies coming out in the 2000s did have some effect. There was actually a small level of real pressure which hadn't been seen since the 50s or 60s for girls to lower their standards and give less attractive and more awkward men a chance. Movies shown from their perspective showed judgmental women as bitches and women who were willing to accept them as being more virtuous then other women (and ultimately women have a strong instinct towards conformity and virtue-signalling). Not saying there weren't incels in the 2000s obviously, but I think most incels in that period would've been nearcels instead while most nearcels would've been low tier normies.
 
Last edited:
WØLF

WØLF

I CAN'T BREED
★★★★★
Joined
Mar 20, 2020
Posts
27,669
Online
208d 13h 26m
 
kanyepilled

kanyepilled

Pažarskis
★★★★
Joined
Mar 13, 2021
Posts
3,832
Online
55d 2m
yeah it must have been terrible for my dad the same age as me :feelsseriously:
 
D

Deleted member 34918

Self-banned
-
Joined
May 29, 2021
Posts
71
Online
1d 4h 16m
kanyepilled said:
yeah it must have been terrible for my dad the same age as me :feelsseriously:
That depends, does your dad mog you?
 
kanyepilled

kanyepilled

Pažarskis
★★★★
Joined
Mar 13, 2021
Posts
3,832
Online
55d 2m
TheIncelRevolution said:
That depends, does your dad mog you?
no i mog him hard lol. he looked like a stereotypical nerd but landed my low tier stacylite mom.
 
Broly

Broly

Enlightened
★★★★★
Joined
Apr 6, 2021
Posts
12,353
Online
52d 1h 9m
Quarantined

Quarantined

height = confidence
★★★
Joined
Mar 16, 2020
Posts
3,762
Online
128d 2h 5m
TheGraycelRevolution
 
NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Major
★★★★
Joined
Feb 13, 2021
Posts
2,388
Online
57d 16h 59m
'Anti-bullying campaign' :soy:.
 
BummerDrummer

BummerDrummer

卐 卍࿕࿖࿗࿘ꖦ
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Posts
22,041
Online
285d 20h 3m
ordinaryotaku

ordinaryotaku

Rotting collegecel. Women hate me for existing.
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 7, 2017
Posts
12,725
Online
72d 10h 45m
Eh, what was considered "normie" then would be incel now. I feel like a lot of us would be normies if we lived during that time period, the dating game is extremely skewed against us, more so than in previous years, and it's even against young men who are relatively normal looking with a couple barely noticeable facial flaws. In consideration of dating within larger Western cities, you legit have to be a 7 facially, and have a decent sized net worth, to succeed in the dating game, otherwise you're literally invisible to the women living there. Young men such as ourselves were having much more sex back then, not necessarily more partners, but more sex in general, literally like a single digit figure or a low double digit figure of 18-25 year old males were virgins.

Lookist hypergamy came as a result of the feminist movements in the 60s, but didn't actually take off much until the recent past (~15 years ago) due to a lack of technology and a lack of a feminist enabling culture. Even if we would be considered incel-tier in terms of looks in the 80s, at least we would have an easier time getting looksmatch girlfriends.

No doubt about it though, I will agree that the 2000s was a decent enough time to be an incel-tier male, but only for 2005 and before, because dating apps became more mainstream after then, and therefore lookist hypergamy started to take off. I genuinely think everything started going to shit in the West after 9/11.

Also, I would even argue that bullying is as omnipresent today as it was then, though it is less overt, and usually not in the form of physical bullying, because our generations are full of pussies. From what I have experienced, most of the bullying nowadays, if it is overt at all, usually takes the form of ostracization and superciliousness (said superciliousness is especially omnipresent if you're a non-NTcel or an autistcel). It's even worse nowadays because you can't do anything to redeem yourself (such as beating the ever living shit out of the bullies), because like again, this bullying is less overt, so from others' perspectives, it would not be a rational move to beat the ever living shit out of some shithead who is simply being condescending towards you. Schoolyard fights are pretty much a thing of the past, and I only ever heard of and saw two during my time in high school. Though, in 2012 and 2013, I was still being picked on in school, physically and verbally, however, I was a bloatmaxxed footballcel (American football), so it didn't take long for it to stop. :feelshmm:
 
Last edited:
TheProphetMuscle

TheProphetMuscle

Low IQcel
★★
Joined
Jun 11, 2018
Posts
4,175
Online
59d 10h 49m
But dating apps and women being able to be hypergamous to the point where a land whale acts entitled a chadlite destroyed subhumans chance of getting a looksmatch or several points below
 
Deleted member 31122

Deleted member 31122

Recessed, bald, manlet
-
Joined
Nov 20, 2020
Posts
2,333
Online
57d 21h 3m
Before internet and current max degeneracy age most people here wouldn't be incels at all, it was small minority back then
 
D

Deleted member 34918

Self-banned
-
Joined
May 29, 2021
Posts
71
Online
1d 4h 16m
ordinaryotaku said:
Eh, what was considered "normie" then would be incel now. I feel like a lot of us would be normies if we lived during that time period, the dating game is extremely skewed against us, more so than in previous years, and it's even against young men who are relatively normal looking with a couple barely noticeable facial flaws. In consideration of dating within larger Western cities, you legit have to be a 7 facially, and have a decent sized net worth, to succeed in the dating game, otherwise you're literally invisible to the women living there. Young men such as ourselves were having much more sex back then, not necessarily more partners, but more sex in general, literally like a single digit figure or a low double digit figure of 18-25 year old males were virgins.

Lookist hypergamy came as a result of the feminist movements in the 60s, but didn't actually take off much until the recent past (~15 years ago) due to a lack of technology and a lack of a feminist enabling culture. Even if we would be considered incel-tier in terms of looks in the 80s, at least we would have an easier time getting looksmatch girlfriends.

No doubt about it though, I will agree that the 2000s was a decent enough time to be an incel-tier male, but only for 2005 and before, because dating apps became more mainstream after then, and therefore lookist hypergamy started to take off. I genuinely think everything started going to shit in the West after 9/11.

Also, I would even argue that bullying is as omnipresent today as it was then, though it is less overt, and usually not in the form of physical bullying, because our generations are full of pussies. From what I have experienced, most of the bullying nowadays, if it is overt at all, usually takes the form of ostracization and superciliousness (said superciliousness is especially omnipresent if you're a non-NTcel or an autistcel). It's even worse nowadays because you can't do anything to redeem yourself (such as beating the ever living shit out of the bullies), because like again, this bullying is less overt, so from others' perspectives, it would not be a rational move to beat the ever living shit out of some shithead who is simply being condescending towards you. Schoolyard fights are pretty much a thing of the past, and I only ever heard of and saw two during my time in high school. Though, in 2012 and 2013, I was still being picked on in school, physically and verbally, however, I was a bloatmaxxed footballcel (American football), so it didn't take long for it to stop. :feelshmm:
I definitely agree with the point about bullying. Bullying has become very feminized in the past decade. Its basically done indirectly and through social ostracization now.

The good thing about the social ostracization tactic though is that it makes it easier, in my opinion, to get along with other people who've been socially ostracized. In college, nobody that I was friends with was having any success with girls or social life at college in general. We all disliked the normie student body and their behavior and that helped us bond.

Social ostracization only really works if the group is very selective about who they ostracize. But if they ostracize people willy nilly like they do today, the outcasts just find it easier and easier to find one another.
 
Meus

Meus

Banned
★★
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Posts
4,694
Online
85d 4h 8m
Meh sounds like huge cope.

Normies weren't nearly as fascist when it comes to clothes as today. I've seen photos of the 80s I fucking know how strange many dressed or simply wore whatever. If you're not fashionmaxxed today with like 13 already it's fucking over.

Everything has pluses and minuses. Saying 1 age was better is just cucked.
 
D

Deleted member 34918

Self-banned
-
Joined
May 29, 2021
Posts
71
Online
1d 4h 16m
Meus said:
Meh sounds like huge cope.

Normies weren't nearly as fascist when it comes to clothes as today. I've seen photos of the 80s I fucking know how strange many dressed or simply wore whatever. If you're not fashionmaxxed today with like 13 already it's fucking over.

Everything has pluses and minuses. Saying 1 age was better is just cucked.
Its not so much that people argue a certain age was better in every single respect but rather that there are much more positives associated with a certain age that outweigh the negatives. There are definitely objectively better times to have been alive then other times.

I guess the point about fashion is probably true. A lot of people did wear some really weird clothes in the 80s lol. The clothing I wear is not strange though, its just very plain and non-descript. If anything I think wearing strange clothing is something that "alternative" normies tend to do rather then actual outcasts. Alternative normies are making a big deal out of how much they stand out from other normies so they wear weird clothing or get a bizarre hairstyle. Real outcasts don't need a marker distinguishing themselves from the crowd, they already know that others see them as different the moment they look at and talk to them.
 
Mecoja

Mecoja

fuck society
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Posts
8,900
Online
103d 27m
There were few things different back then, Chads and Stacies were main characters in the culture, no one gave two fucks for jocks beating up nerds, Beckies were much less worshiped, fit muscled body on both male and female was much more appreciated, Chadlets had it much better because height wasnt so important as now.
 
Edmund_Kemper

Edmund_Kemper

Suicide is self-expression
★★★★★
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Posts
22,898
Online
234d 8h 13m
What you just said is all false
 
Loner94

Loner94

Admiral
★★★★
Joined
Aug 30, 2020
Posts
2,831
Online
48d 16h 22m
Those eras did seem incredibly easier.
 
Pikacel

Pikacel

Recruit
★★★
Joined
Apr 18, 2021
Posts
264
Online
3d 15h 56m
Everybody was more collectively socialised in the 70-90s today so there wouldn’t be a net difference IMO. The bottom 20% of subhumans will always be despised and ostracised
 
Hell

Hell

Get me out of here
★★★
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Posts
2,238
Online
96d 18h 36m
You had to be REALLY fucked up to be incel back then.
 
D

Deleted member 34918

Self-banned
-
Joined
May 29, 2021
Posts
71
Online
1d 4h 16m
Hell said:
You had to be REALLY fucked up to be incel back then.
I'm not sure if that's true. On one hand its possible because the bullying was more evenly distributed among men and women whereas nowadays its primarily men who are getting bullied, but on the other hand, I get the impression from older adults that people had higher standards for how confident and suave you were expected to be at that time.
 
Hell

Hell

Get me out of here
★★★
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Posts
2,238
Online
96d 18h 36m
TheIncelRevolution said:
I'm not sure if that's true. On one hand its possible because the bullying was more evenly distributed among men and women whereas nowadays its primarily men who are getting bullied, but on the other hand, I get the impression from older adults that people had higher standards for how confident and suave you were expected to be at that time.
Yeah that's bullshit.
You pretty much only needed to have an income and be somewhat hygienic back then to get a gf unless you were literally disfigured.
They didn't have celebrated hypergamy, they didn't have tinder, they didn't have social media. Your only direct competition was a handful of local guys in your age group and that's it. There are so, so, many ugly older men today that are married who would have been utterly DOOMED had they been born a couple of decades later.
 
Mentally lost cel

Mentally lost cel

Mythic
★★★★
Joined
Jul 5, 2020
Posts
4,802
Online
28d 9h 12m
TheIncelRevolution said:
I think normies glorify the 80s and 90s because it was a good time to be a normie, but for incels and any LVM, I think the 70s, 80s, and 90s would've been even worse then today. The 2000s was the best decade among the past 5 to have been an incel.

Why the late 20th century sucked...

- This was the peak of when any LVM was bullied and beaten up throughout their school years just for being a LVM. At least today we have the anti-bullying campaign which has made it not quite as bad as before. Everybody I've known who grew up in this era has told me that people really would just beat up unpopular kids because other people thought they were ugly or weird.
- Society openly worshipped chads and stacies who were allowed to run amok in high school and college doing whatever the hell they wanted and there were no controls or resistance to this behavior at all.
- Prostitutes were difficult to find without the internet. You would've had to actually kurb crawl in a sketchy neighborhood and fuck a crackhead with god knows how many STDs.
- No internet around in general to find other people in the same situation as you are. Anime was really hard to get and there wasn't nearly as much of it.
- More people suffering from lack of romantic success today has made some normie guys more sympathetic towards incels then they would've been at this time.

Here's why I think the 2000s was probably the best decade to be an incel.

- The internet was new and mostly for nerdy LVMs who pretty much ruled the net. The normies hadn't flooded social media yet.
- Nerdy hobbies had gained just enough mainstream acceptance that there was a decent amount of other guys who were into them and guys who didn't look down on them as much as before. But they weren't so mainstream as to get twisted and deformed like they are getting now.
- Every movie revolving around high school back then openly criticized chad and stacy behavior. Awkward nerds were the protagonist of a lot of movies back then. This is the only decade of film history that a decent number of US films actually pandered to LVMs. Almost as much as anime does.
- Bullying wasn't quite as bad as it was in the previous three decades (still pretty bad though).
- The woke culture was very underground and contained to certain majors at super liberal universities.
- Online dating apps didn't exist yet inflating women's perception of male attractiveness.
- Every survey shows that the 2000s had the smallest number of incels of the past four decades or so. The smallest number of guys claiming to have not had sex in the past year and the smallest number of people who claimed to have had no steady romantic partner in the past year.


I believe this is because the movies coming out in the 2000s did have some effect. There was actually a small level of real pressure which hadn't been seen since the 50s or 60s for girls to lower their standards and give less attractive and more awkward men a chance. Movies shown from their perspective showed judgmental women as bitches and women who were willing to accept them as being more virtuous then other women (and ultimately women have a strong instinct towards conformity and virtue-signalling). Not saying there weren't incels in the 2000s obviously, but I think most incels in that period would've been nearcels instead while most nearcels would've been low tier normies.
No
 
Speed

Speed

Admiral
★★★
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Posts
2,743
Online
80d 3h 33m
The 80s would've been terrible. Bullying was just short of being social accepted back then
 
NYCcel

NYCcel

Recruit
★★★
Joined
Mar 14, 2021
Posts
212
Online
4d 6h 10m
Big boomer brain here
 
Extra-Samsaric

Extra-Samsaric

Ascending beyond all time and space
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Posts
1,416
Online
76d 23h 56m
As horrible as the 1980s were, today's soyciety is actually much worse- it is far more degenerate, hypergamous, feminist, gynocentric, financially and morally bankrupt, and anti-male. Globohomo-clownworld culture also has a far tighter grip on the world and it's people.
 
S

Sub8

Greycel
Joined
Jul 24, 2021
Posts
98
Online
2d 6h 12m
Hell said:
You had to be REALLY fucked up to be incel back then.
This!

You could just lift weights, eat healthy, get fit, and go to bars and find some drunk foid close to your looks match back then. Now women have hundreds if not thousands of options at the tip of their finger, so the average guy looks maxed doesn't stand a chance, and definitely wont' be getting his looks match.
 
HeroinNihilism

HeroinNihilism

pilotwings64cel
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 22, 2020
Posts
6,621
Online
72d 4h 29m

techmaxxing and nicotinemaxxing
 
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
Joined
Feb 16, 2019
Posts
25,153
Online
247d 10h 33m
Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Supreme Incel Commander in Chief
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 21, 2020
Posts
19,025
Online
73d 1h 15m
TheIncelRevolution said:
I think normies glorify the 80s and 90s because it was a good time to be a normie, but for incels and any LVM, I think the 70s, 80s, and 90s would've been even worse then today. The 2000s was the best decade among the past 5 to have been an incel.

Why the late 20th century sucked...

- This was the peak of when any LVM was bullied and beaten up throughout their school years just for being a LVM. At least today we have the anti-bullying campaign which has made it not quite as bad as before. Everybody I've known who grew up in this era has told me that people really would just beat up unpopular kids because other people thought they were ugly or weird.
- Society openly worshipped chads and stacies who were allowed to run amok in high school and college doing whatever the hell they wanted and there were no controls or resistance to this behavior at all.
- Prostitutes were difficult to find without the internet. You would've had to actually kurb crawl in a sketchy neighborhood and fuck a crackhead with god knows how many STDs.
- No internet around in general to find other people in the same situation as you are. Anime was really hard to get and there wasn't nearly as much of it.
- More people suffering from lack of romantic success today has made some normie guys more sympathetic towards incels then they would've been at this time.

Here's why I think the 2000s was probably the best decade to be an incel.

- The internet was new and mostly for nerdy LVMs who pretty much ruled the net. The normies hadn't flooded social media yet.
- Nerdy hobbies had gained just enough mainstream acceptance that there was a decent amount of other guys who were into them and guys who didn't look down on them as much as before. But they weren't so mainstream as to get twisted and deformed like they are getting now.
- Every movie revolving around high school back then openly criticized chad and stacy behavior. Awkward nerds were the protagonist of a lot of movies back then. This is the only decade of film history that a decent number of US films actually pandered to LVMs. Almost as much as anime does.
- Bullying wasn't quite as bad as it was in the previous three decades (still pretty bad though).
- The woke culture was very underground and contained to certain majors at super liberal universities.
- Online dating apps didn't exist yet inflating women's perception of male attractiveness.
- Every survey shows that the 2000s had the smallest number of incels of the past four decades or so. The smallest number of guys claiming to have not had sex in the past year and the smallest number of people who claimed to have had no steady romantic partner in the past year.


I believe this is because the movies coming out in the 2000s did have some effect. There was actually a small level of real pressure which hadn't been seen since the 50s or 60s for girls to lower their standards and give less attractive and more awkward men a chance. Movies shown from their perspective showed judgmental women as bitches and women who were willing to accept them as being more virtuous then other women (and ultimately women have a strong instinct towards conformity and virtue-signalling). Not saying there weren't incels in the 2000s obviously, but I think most incels in that period would've been nearcels instead while most nearcels would've been low tier normies.
A little correction to the title. Today is the best time in history to be a truecel, not incel. Truecels are fucked no matter what time in history.
 
Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
Joined
May 2, 2018
Posts
35,805
Online
138d 7h 18m
I agree because now we know we are very close to the end.
 
TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
Joined
Sep 10, 2019
Posts
7,213
Online
120d 15h 43m
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8
Top