Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The 1990s was the peak of human civilisation.

CrackyChanFan

CrackyChanFan

Self-banned
-
Everything is so fucked now and everything seems to point to toward some kind of authoritarian dystopia or some kind of apocalypse.
1945- 1989 was dominated by the shadow of the Cold War and the threat of nuclear apocalypse. There were economic crises and civil conflicts as well. social tensions initiated by the introduction of the pill and the loss of stigma around premarital sex in the 60s.

The world 2001-present has been a garbage fire far far worse than the Cold War years; 9/11 and the resulting Middle East wars, mass alienation due to technology and social media fucking us all up, the 2007 Great Recession which fucked so much (we never really recovered) the rise of rabid authoritarian left wing identity politics. Mind numbing conformity brought on by social media pressure culture. Female Hypergamy taken to an extreme level by online dating apps. Now fucking Covid wrecking shit and ushering in a new age of surveillance and control.

There was a magical interregnum in between. A time when the economy was so fucking good and everything was so relaxed; getting a job was easy and you could catch up easily. A time when music was so fucking good. Back in the 90s politics was barely newsworthy; nobody cared that much what your politics views were. The Soviet Union was dead. People said that history had ended. Youth subcultures were still a thing. Normal male sexuality wasnt stigmatised. Nerd culture based around computers and comic books and stuff like that was still actually nerd culture and not some shit ironic mainstream satirised cliche.

Call me a degenerate all you want, I just want to be a good looking Chad youth in 1994 and rock out to Nirvana, Weser, Oasis and Aerosmith. 1990s were the best.
I realised I am going to get a lot of comments calling me a retard for not choosing a less degenerate time as the human golden age. Somewhere in puritan England in the 17th century under Oliver Cromwell would be a world with no simping for sure. The Roman Empire under Marcus Aurelius?

This is missing the point. These were still times of ideological conflict and chaos. Back in the 90s a book was written called ‘The End of History’ by Francis Fukuyama. He argued that capitalist democracy had won and there would be no more grand ideological struggles or crises. That is what it seemed like.
Turns out he was completely wrong. The world today is full of intense ideological conflicts and misery and apocalyptic predictions.
The 90s was a time when a man could actually relax.

Last edited:
The 1990's here were marked by very high unemployment and massive cuts to public spending.
I'm inclined to think that humanities 'Golden Age' as it were was the Belle Epoque before WWI, an age of progress and innovation where European influences reached far and wide spreading civilisation.

626px Traditional Male Hat Europe 6126671262

Last edited:
Not in my country and certainly not in America. The 90s had a budget surplus for the first time in living memory. Incredibly low unemployment.

There was an early 90s recession and rising unemployment which propelled Bill Clinton to Victory in ‘92. However the American economy under Bill Clinton was mostly incredible . Unemployment went dramatically down during the 90s and American manufacturing got back its mojo having previously been undermined by German and Japanese manufacturing.

Last edited:
Fair enough. But times were tough here, especially in the early nineties. National swept to power in 1990 and set about drastically cutting spending on social welfare, health and education while smashing unions - unemployment peaked at 11% in 1991 and did not fall below 6% until 2001.

It was also a period of political turmoil, National's unprecedented 18 seat majority was wiped out in 1993 and governed as a minority government for three years as various splinter parties formed and New Zealander's adopted a new electoral system.

American manufacturing had a brief uplift but production as a percentage of GDP continued to fall, despite an increase of jobs. Deindustrialisation then accelerated when trade with China was normalised in 2000. Clinton signed that bill into law.

Low IQ biascel, ngl. 1800s mogs it into another realm, try on some objectivity for size next time.

Don’t get me wrong I am no Bill Clinton fanboy. He ok’ed NAFTA and yes 21st century de-industrialisation really sucked for a lot of western countries.

Here in bongland, we had our de-industrialisation, Union busting and pushing of neo-liberal economics in the 80s under Thatcher. The 90s felt like a release after the political intensity and turmoil of the 80.
I don’t know much about NZ history Kiwi bro.
N
Low IQ biascel, ngl. 1800s mog it into another realm, try on some objectivity for size next time.
Nah. If you actually think about it seriously. Living in the 1800s would suck unless you were a wealthy aristocrat. The social values may be far more amicable but life in the 1800s would consist for most working class men as working 12 hours a day in a dusty coal mine with little recreational free time. No shower. No running water. Very low calorie diet. Shitting in a bog. 12 kids most of whom die in infancy.

In terms of physical comfort for the working class and access to information, the modern world is objectively better; the problems of the modern era are cultural and spiritual not material.

Last edited:
Nah. If you actually think about it seriously. Living in the 1800s would suck unless you were a wealthy aristocrat. The social values may be far more amicable but life in the 1800s would consist for most working class men as working 12 hours a day in a dusty coal mine with little recreational free time. No shower. No running water. Very low calorie diet. Shitting in a bog. 12 kids most of whom die in infancy.

In terms of physical comfort for the working class and access to information, the modern world is objectively better; the problems of the modern era are cultural and spiritual not material.
:feelskek:

Low social mobility makes for less inceldom, you don't miss what you don't know about. JFL at caring about 12h workdays for the lower classes, I'd still do that rather than modern life if a loyal (if forced) wife and family is given to me. Infant mortality is a meme, nature is brutal nowadays too, perhaps even moreso. If you're not a fakecel you'll know what I'm saying.

Recreational time is cope, mental masturbation is a poor substitute for genuine necessity.

Fail on your part, nineteenth century mogs, and I'm not even a tradcuck. I'm a "junkie" according to some retards on here.

Dreaming of Chad life in the 90s is no more delusional than aristocratic superiority in the 1800s, same shit. Chad life in 2021, do you think it sucks?

:lul::lul::lul:

I think you are very naive. Nature is brutal now but a lot of incels would have just died in war, disease, infancy back then.

My grandfather was born into a coal mining family in 1922. His childhood as he recounts it was hellish and his parents died in their 50s. Quality of life and living standards dramatically rose for working people post WW2 with the post war economic boom.

I share a sympathy for reactionary politics but reactionary politics should not descend into delusion. 100% you would not enjoy the 1800s if you were sent there now. You would not last very long.

I think you are very naive. Nature is brutal now but a lot of incels would have just died in war, disease, infancy back then.

My grandfather was born into a coal mining family in 1922. His childhood as he recounts it was hellish and his parents died in their 50s. Quality of life and living standards dramatically rose for working people post WW2 with the post war economic boom.

I share a sympathy for reactionary politics but reactionary politics should not descend into delusion. 100% you would not enjoy the 1800s if you were sent there now. You would not last very long.
Naive? JFL, okay, and you're not?

Yeah I know all about harsh working conditions, my family weren't coddled FYI. Still, they married young and felt a strong imperative to mate and breed despite not being Chad tier. Not having to contemplate life from current blackpill perspectives is far superior, even if they might've mogged me by something like 4-5 points on average.

I've waged with the lowest of the low for 12hrs weeks on end in the worst occupational tier possible, if anything once you've gotten used to it the situation offers some relief from ruminating on inceldom while locked in all by yourself and having masturbation as your only relief effort. Opiate withdrawals do something similar, but still, I'd rather not be as subhuman as I am now (the fault of modernity) while physically suffering way harder if it were up to me.

Cringe thread with you wanting to listen to newly released Nirvana records, get a fucking grip man. :feelsYall:

Naive? JFL, okay, and you're not?

Yeah I know all about harsh working conditions, my family weren't coddled FYI. Still, they married young and felt a strong imperative to mate and breed despite not being Chad tier. Not having to contemplate life from current blackpill perspectives is far superior, even if they might've mogged me by something like 4-5 points on average.

I've waged with the lowest of the low for 12hrs weeks on end in the worst occupational tier possible, if anything once you've gotten used to it the situation offers some relief from ruminating on inceldom while locked in all by yourself and having masturbation as your only relief effort. Opiate withdrawals do something similar, but still, I'd rather not be as subhuman as I am now (the fault of modernity) while physically suffering way harder if it were up to me.

Cringe thread with you wanting to listen to newly released Nirvana records, get a fucking grip man. :feelsYall:
The worst occupation tier in 2021 in a first world country is far better than an average job for a commoner in 19th century England.

Also, you are naive about the amount of cuckoldry that went on back then. It happened. A lot. The pill did not exist and condoms were inaccessible to most so when your wife cheats on you and fucks a Chad she will get pregnant with his child. There was no way to tell so she was safe. This happens today, but women have to contend with the possibility of DNA testing and they are more able to cheat today without getting pre

Of course, you can catch Chad’s syphilis.

Stop idolising the 19th century. There was no golden age for incels. There were only brief blips of good culture for things like music and art and morality.

The worst occupation tier in 2021 in a first world country is far better than an average job for a commoner in 19th century England.

Also, you are naive about the amount of cuckoldry that went on back then. It happened. A lot. The pill did not exist and condoms were inaccessible to most so when your wife cheats on you and fucks a Chad she will get pregnant with his child. There was no way to tell so she was safe. This happens today, but women have to contend with the possibility of DNA testing and they are more able to cheat today without getting pre

Of course, you can catch Chad’s syphilis.

Stop idolising the 19th century. There was no golden age for incels. There were only brief blips of good culture for things like music and art and morality.
You think so? Yeah sure plenty of people got cucked obviously, but the same inherent facial traits that might've been obvious at birth as an assurance of lineage is the same as today. Paternity tests are rare, and France even outlawed them or some shit, JFL.

I can see a glaring similarity to all my relatives down to where photography weren't invented, and no DNA testing could shake that. I won't dox myself but trust me on this, LMAO. I may be the most subhuman specimen in my family tree but the point stands, modern life is a curse in many ways.

Syphilis? Major cope, your relatives were whores bro? Brutal..

I don't think there's a golden age for incels, just that the 19th century was objectively better than your delusional fascination with the 1990s, I've actually lived through that shit, did you?

If you're as subhuman as me there's no age to be born in where you'd thrive without major opposition from normies.

I don't idolize the 19th century as such, it'd still have sucked for me, but at least I'd have been less aware of how mogged I could be and/or I might've earned breeding with a Stacy or slightly below just through hard work or innovation. Good luck with that nowadays..

Blips? JFL, just deny the obvious theory. Can't blame you really, facing reality head on is painful.

I certainly liked the 90s more than the 2020s. Everything just went to shit after 9/11 and it's only accelerated since then.

The 90's was the last decade before 9/11... yes, things were better before evil took over the planet on September 11, 2001. The world became a horrible Jewish joke after 9/11.

I agree. 9/11 truly marked the end of Western civilization, everything just became exponentially worse after that. Technology kept progressing and progressing, and Western governments immediately kept trying to utilize it to monitor everyone. Every Western country is a progressive, totalitarian shithole, the US included, it's honestly no better than living in Saudi Arabia, but at least out there, hypergamy isn't much of a thing.

And of course, with the technological progression, you also got third (fourth?) wave feminism kicking in starting in the late 2000s (my theory is that it was allowed to grow due to other progressive movements kickstarting around the time, all regarding the War on Terror and growing Islamophobia in the West, exactly like how the Civil Rights Movement during the late 60s and second wave feminism came around the exact same time as each other, practically intertwining, so without 9/11, my personal theory is that I don't think there would have been a fourth wave feminist movement). Feminists of all breeds were able to take advantage of these new technologies quick, and spread their bullshit far and wide, which in turn accelerated hypergamy greatly compared to if they tried to spread their bullshit 10 years earlier. Women's standards for men before dating apps was basically just don't be deformed and you can have your looksmatch, nowadays you would be extremely lucky to score with a girl who isn't morbidly obese if you're a 5 PSL.

Even worse, the whole early 2010s was basically some giant, widespread social affirmative-action program through the use of technology that praised women regardless of their actions and openly demonized men simply for existing. That time was when women and male feminist cucks started doing the "kill all men" bullshit, and feminists would start expressing their raging hate boners for men, especially straight, white men, and they would have everyone, even people who hold some sort of power, defending them. Before 9/11, these people were mocked and ridiculed significantly, and their ideas held absolutely no ground anywhere, not even in most leftist spaces, where they are now the most popular in. Nowadays, I would argue that a majority of the populous, especially the female populous, agrees with these crazies. A recurring theme throughout our history is that there isn't someone who tells retards like these that two wrongs doesn't make it right. I would argue that the staggering amount of mass shootings that has happened since then is all because of this bullshit.

Also loling at the r/lewronggeneration users for attacking people such as myself in blatant bad faith, when in the 90s, they would've damn well known they wouldn't be in six figure debt after trying to acquire a Bachelor's art degree. They also would be able to afford a small starter home right out of college, they would've enjoyed the golden age of gaming, and they could've taken advantage of the more affordable healthcare, our social culture not being completely digital, and the lack of inflation at the time. Choosing to dickride these shitty past two decades, with a far, far shittier past decade, with absolutely nothing to show for it, is downright fucking laughable.

The whole world's gone mad. Pre-9/11 America was superior in every way possible.
Call me a degenerate all you want, I just want to be a good looking Chad youth in 1994 and rock out to Nirvana, Weser, Oasis and Aerosmith. 1990s were the best.
God, same here, why couldn't this be me. I would've loved being a Chad slayer in the 90s rocking out in the grunge/rock/punk scene, along with having a cute girlfriend who is into the same stuff that I'm into. Also would've liked to been some early BBS hacker at the same time. One of my guilty and sadistic pleasures is watching videos from the 1990s of grunge and punk social scenes. There are couples everywhere in the videos which makes it worse, though I can't stop watching, because I desperately want to place myself within said video that I am watching. It genuinely makes me sad that I grew up in a time where music and love like that is dead. :feelsUgh:

I was born in 2000, so I was only alive for 1 1/2 good years. I would say though that the early 2000s had a nice skating culture, Internet culture, and car culture that even I remember, as I started using the Internet in early 2002 (though it may be hard to believe). The 2010s and past had absolutely no redeeming qualities. There's way too much to go over that I hate since then, the last 12 years have just straight up fucking sucked. Everyone who I've talked to that experienced the 80s and 90s talks only good about those time periods, I never once heard any negatives. I believe it. :feelscry:

Last edited:
maybe for first world cels,but don't for most third worlders.

back in the 90s my country is poor af

Francis Fukuyama is a failed neocon and Aerosmith smelled like honey roasted dog poo.

Francis Fukuyama is a failed neocon and Aerosmith smelled like honey roasted dog poo.
The first point is correct. Francis Fukuyama was so completely wrong about his predictions of the future it is almost sad. The second point is false.

Everything is so fucked now and everything seems to point to toward some kind of authoritarian dystopia or some kind of apocalypse.
1945- 1989 was dominated by the shadow of the Cold War and the threat of nuclear apocalypse. There were economic crises and civil conflicts as well. social tensions initiated by the introduction of the pill and the loss of stigma around premarital sex in the 60s.

The world 2001-present has been a garbage fire far far worse than the Cold War years; 9/11 and the resulting Middle East wars, mass alienation due to technology and social media fucking us all up, the 2007 Great Recession which fucked so much (we never really recovered) the rise of rabid authoritarian left wing identity politics. Mind numbing conformity brought on by social media pressure culture. Female Hypergamy taken to an extreme level by online dating apps. Now fucking Covid wrecking shit and ushering in a new age of surveillance and control.

There was a magical interregnum in between. A time when the economy was so fucking good and everything was so relaxed; getting a job was easy and you could catch up easily. A time when music was so fucking good. Back in the 90s politics was barely newsworthy; nobody cared that much what your politics views were. The Soviet Union was dead. People said that history had ended. Youth subcultures were still a thing. Normal male sexuality wasnt stigmatised. Nerd culture based around computers and comic books and stuff like that was still actually nerd culture and not some shit ironic mainstream satirised cliche.

I realised I am going to get a lot of comments calling me a retard for not choosing a less degenerate time as the human golden age. Somewhere in puritan England in the 17th century under Oliver Cromwell would be a world with no simping for sure. The Roman Empire under Marcus Aurelius?

This is missing the point. These were still times of ideological conflict and chaos. Back in the 90s a book was written called ‘The End of History’ by Francis Fukuyama. He argued that capitalist democracy had won and there would be no more grand ideological struggles or crises. That is what it seemed like.
Turns out he was completely wrong. The world today is full of intense ideological conflicts and misery and apocalyptic predictions.
Teracope. 1930s Germany mog

It was an optimistic time. But it was also a time where the bluepill conditioning and feel goodness of the 1980s was still going strong. Part of the reason the world ended up feeling like such a dystopia is a rude awakening from this bluepill conditioning that millennial males (even those not necessarily incel) experienced with 9/11 and then the Great Recession and following social media image dominated, image obsessed, chad only hollowed out service economy of today.

The bluepilled conditioning of the 1980s and 1990s set an entire generation of males up for failure. All the ideals of what society can be and how it could work in spite of glaring faults were not only idealistic, they ended up being pure fantasy.

The 90s sucked, popularization of race mixing, increased faggot acceptance, rise in immigration, and government authoritarianism. They only seem better compared to today.

BRUTALLLLLLLLLL

I wanna live in that era:cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels: so fucking agreed

Very good post , agreed with all you said

No shower. No running water. Very low calorie diet. Shitting in a bog. 12 kids most of whom die in infancy.

I think the life expectancy in 19th century Salford, UK of a male was 17 years.

i was a kid in the 90s, that was the peak of ME

Miss playing Pokemon yellow on my gameboy color
Simpler times indeed

I envy the people who came of age in the 1970's (Baby Boomers) like my parents, because the world was a playground to them.

I graduated high school in 95. It wasn't all that great. Women were still picky as hell back then too.

But I still had a bluepillish view that things would change. You didn't have all the information you have today. That's the power of the internet we have now. We all have shared experiences and rather than being on an island alone, we can commiserate.

That's why at least if you are young today you have time to correct your problems. Yes, not all problems can be corrected. I completely agree. But you have the information in front of you. That's something I didn't have in 1995.

I did everything around this time. I tried to get girls in high school, I tried to get girls in college. I went to clubs. I had a crew of guys I hung out with.

I did all the self improving things that people say today. I wore stylish clothes for the time. I took a shower everyday. Got haircuts. I used cologne. I was in the best shape of my life.

It all didn't matter.