Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Tall people lie about their height all the time

• Thread starter Zhou Chang-Xing
  • Start date
Zhou Chang-Xing

Zhou Chang-Xing

Overlord
★★★★★
I was originally going to add this to a planned post called "Refuting Tails 1: Tails doesn't understand height", but as I'm too busy with other projects and don't really have the time to write the detailed post I'll spin this part off. This is the logo of the NBA:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_West

Despite basketball being the home of tall people he's actually 6'4:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1t36ii/jerry_west_reveals_his_actual_height/

And his listed height is 6'3.

Some quotes:

"Apparently this is done with the listed heights nowadays because it is meant to be "height in shoes". I mean I kindof understand the reasoning behind it (NBA basketball is played in shoes, not barefoot), but it might come off as deceptive to some."

"I went to HS with Joakim Noah, and I know that back then he insisted on being listed at 6'11, even though he measured out at 7'0 without shoes. He thinks that if you're 7'0, you are automatically a "freak", where 6'11 doesn't get that stigma. I think at Florida he was briefly listed at 6'11.5"

So, apparently many star players lie about their height being taller while others lie about being shorter. I noticed that lying about your height is both a tall and short people thing, anyone shorter than 6'3 and taller than 5'11 would never lie about their height because they know that their height isn't short or tall enough to swing anything either way.

If Jerry West walked around in the Netherlands he'd be height-mogged left and right everywhere he goes, 20% of the population here is taller than his stated height.

View: https://youtu.be/AGSyeT0S-Ac?si=nMmAPOYAvPsRdOm7

I just noticed how common it is for people to lie about their height and even toilets lie about their height.

It's just,

Yeah, I'm just coping, I just wish I was taller, I wish I had the guts to say my height in shoes as my height, but I don't like lying to people. I hate myself. I hate my life...

Yeah, I'm just coping, I just wish I was taller, I wish I had the guts to say my height in shoes as my height, but I don't like lying to people. I hate myself. I hate my life...
Brutal...

So do average heigh & short people; everyone lies. :blackpill:

You're alright brocel :feelsaww:
(you might be ugly and a loser by soysciety standards but your posts are worth x1000000 more to me than those worthless normies you mentioned)

It's the same reason everyone lies about ther penis length

It's the same reason everyone lies about ther penis length
People also lie about their income similarly --- the tendency is towards what is perceived as the most socially desirable / acceptable number. This is another form of social desirability bias.

People also lie about their income similarly --- the tendency is towards what is perceived as the most socially desirable / acceptable number. This is another form of social desirability bias.
Isn't it kinda funny foids claim they don't care about height yet this phenomenon still persists

Isn't it kinda funny foids claim they don't care about height yet this phenomenon still persists
They saying so is another case of social desirability bias

The one struggle all men have is the cope for more height even tall fag nbachads wish for a couple more inches while manlets wish for a couple more inches to be average height