Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill [STUDY] The value of a full head of hair is $30 000 in the eyes of men

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Not a super serious study but it has interesting tit-bits

167 men were asked how much they'd be willing to pay to improve their hair coverage by a certain amount of points on the Norwood Scale.
It's kind of obvious that men are willing to pay big bucks for hair, but the idea of estimating the worth of something tied to genetics reminded me of those studies that try to quantify the worth of height with money.

"What’s the average willingness to pay to move from a glistening cue ball to a luscious mane? About $30,000"

"[...] our study allows us to estimate the average WTP (Willingness To Pay) to move from a current Bruce Willis (NW7) to a current Prince William (NW4). That value? A measly $15,960. We know what you are thinking at this point. What is the value of moving from a current Bruce Willis (NW7) to a Die Hard Bruce Willis (NW3) to a Moonlighting Bruce Willis (NW2)? The answer is $21,280 for the 7 to 3 jump and then another $5,320 for the 3 to 2 jump."

:feelsStudy: Something interesting was that they identified 2 types of behaviors among balding men looking for cure: (a) Some men are willing to disregard the price of a hair treatment and (b) Some men disregard the magnitude of the positive effect so long as it's positive (they'll take any hair gain they can get, no matter how small it is). Really shows the levels of desperation

"Another empirical concern is that balding men will behave strategically in an online survey. In a desperate attempt to mitigate hair loss some men may ignore the randomly assigned price in order to maximize the chance that this miracle product will be brought to market. Another type of response behavior might be to ignore the level of hair change; that is, these guys might not care how much of an improvement they get as long as it is positive. To consider this behavior we estimate the equality constrained latent class (ECLC) model."

Lastly the authors say that government programs don't talk about balding enough :feelsahh:

"Some things in life money cannot buy. Unfortunately, hair is not one of them. Balding men are willing to pay considerable amounts of money for an improvement in coverage. These results have significant implications for participants in a market economy. There are obvious incentives for innovation in the hair care industry. Government subsidies toward hair growing technology programs would be welfare-enhancing. Government programs that address the causes of balding, such stress and aging, and that provide information about behaviors that could lead to balding, such as the tight ponytail and smoking, are needed."

Lastly I'll include the distribution of Norwoods among the respondents. NW 3 were by far the most common respondent.

@ReturnOfSaddam @Selinity @soymonkcel @Tenshi @Ecstasy @epillepsy

Last edited:
to me it's 30 billions tbh

It's worth more I think

Does anyone remember the study that showed that simply being 6ft tall is worth 18k in the eyes of women?

The fact that norwooding men place double the amount of value women give height truly shows the desperation.

Shockingly low, tbh.

don't forget bruce willis looked like this in moonlighting
1499212175245.jpg

so already a giga baldcel. that means to go from nw7 to CHAD hair it must be worth at least $40k, probably closer to $50k+
the moment someone discovers a method that produces actual results, full regrowth, fast and does it without nuking your hormones, the potential payout is in the tens of billions
the only thing that can take you from baldcel to chad hair right now is hair systems (2k$+ a year, 1k$ if you do it yourself). even HT is somewhat of a cope, and an expensive one

don't forget bruce willis looked like this in moonlighting
1499212175245.jpg

so already a giga baldcel. that means to go from nw7 to CHAD hair it must be worth at least $40k, probably closer to $50k+
the moment someone discovers a method that produces actual results, full regrowth, fast and does it without nuking your hormones, the potential payout is in the tens of billions
the only thing that can take you from baldcel to chad hair right now is hair systems (2k$+ a year, 1k$ if you do it yourself). even HT is somewhat of a cope, and an expensive one
He's NW2 in that movie and they say in the study that NW7 to NW2 has a value of 26.5k. So for NW7 to NW1 it's ~30k

Still i think that their numbers are a bit low. Maybe it's because a good sample of their respondents were only NW1 and NW2 so they didn't think much about balding. Or some of the NW6 and NW7 guys were coping hard and saying they were just fine. Not everyone is so serious about hair.

But yeah anyone who's serious about hair would value it more than 30k

Dr Tsuji in Japan says he has a non hormonal method of regrowing hair. It even works on bald rats born with ZERO hair. It's been undergoing trials on humans for half a decade but the release has constantly been postponed sadly

He also said the cost would be initially 200k-300k though they hope to cut down the price by a lot over time

He's NW2 in that movie and they say in the study that NW7 to NW2 has a value of 26.5k. So for NW7 to NW1 it's ~30k

Still i think that their numbers are a bit low. Maybe it's because a good sample of their respondents were only NW1 and NW2 so they didn't think much about balding. Or some of the NW6 and NW7 guys were coping hard and saying they were just fine. Not everyone is so serious about hair.

But yeah anyone who's serious about hair would value it more than 30k

Dr Tsuji in Japan says he has a non hormonal method of regrowing hair. It even works on bald rats born with ZERO hair. It's been undergoing trials on humans for half a decade but the release has constantly been postponed sadly

He also said the cost would be initially 200k-300k though they hope to cut down the price by a lot over time
if that's nw2 I'm nw0 :lul: shit density as well. it's mediocre oldcel hair at best
it only makes sense to release any treatment with exorbitant prices to milk the most rich and/or desperate folks hard

if that's nw2 I'm nw0 :lul: shit density as well. it's mediocre oldcel hair at best
it only makes sense to release any treatment with exorbitant prices to milk the most rich and/or desperate folks hard
No it's NW2

The treatment of Dr Tsuji is based on stem cell stuff so it makes sense that it'd be expensive

OP I'm looking for this topic (I think it was yours) with celebrity before/after norwood surgery ? please :feelzez:

OP I'm looking for this topic (I think it was yours) with celebrity before/after norwood surgery ? please :feelzez:
:feelsYall:

No it's NW2

View attachment 407856

The treatment of Dr Tsuji is based on stem cell stuff so it makes sense that it'd be expensive
well here's hoping that it gets somewhere. stem cells sound nice :feelscomfy: hopefully by the time I'm fully reaped it'll only be around 30k

well here's hoping that it gets somewhere. stem cells sound nice :feelscomfy: hopefully by the time I'm fully reaped it'll only be around 30k
Just microdose fin and you should be fine for quite some time (.25mg)

It's like 1 year wage,
if an actor make 20 million a year, then it's worth 20 million to him to get full hair again

Does anyone remember the study that showed that simply being 6ft tall is worth 18k in the eyes of women?

The fact that norwooding men place double the amount of value women give height truly shows the desperation.
Foids aren't aware of the desperation that short men have, so they underestimated the number big time.

If there was a magic pill that could cure my norwooding, I'd probably pay 50% of my wealth for it.

If there was a magic pill that could make me 6'3", I'd literally pay 99% of my wealth for it. I'd literally leave myself just enough to cover my basic necessities, and then I'd stop being NEET and get a job to make more money, because at 6'3" life would actually be worth living.

Height above all else.

If there was a magic pill that could cure my norwooding, I'd probably pay 50% of my wealth for it.

If there was a magic pill that could make me 6'3", I'd literally pay 99% of my wealth for it. I'd literally leave myself just enough to cover my basic necessities, and then I'd stop being NEET and get a job to make more money, because at 6'3" life would actually be worth living.

Height above all else.
Fucking this. I fully agree

My face is fucked up but i legit think i wouldn't be in this situation if i were 6ft3

If you're NW3 its just 2500€ in Turkey. Im out of here

Apparantly yes. Im in the process of booking a transplant.
You're giving me lifefuel. Though hair isn't quite my main problem, just a bad one

Hopefully it'll work out well for you.

You're giving me lifefuel. Though hair isn't quite my main problem, just a bad one

Hopefully it'll work out well for you.
I tried datingappmaxxing with a cap on and it went... semi well. I can get matches but nothing more than yes or no replies and never more than 2 replies at all. I even lied and said I'm 6'1 :cryfeels: but who cares Im in love with drugs already

@ReturnOfSaddam No comments on the 30k thing?

I tried datingappmaxxing with a cap on and it went... semi well. I can get matches but nothing more than yes or no replies and never more than 2 replies at all. I even lied and said I'm 6'1 :cryfeels: but who cares Im in love with drugs already
That's fucking brutal, when even with frauding your genetics women still don't think you're good enough :feelsUnreal:

And with those shitty lazy replies you know they don't think much of you. And they don't even get to know you yet cucks will tell you you're not interesting enough or you don't know how to talk, that must be it :soy:

It's just so haunting to know that every single woman thinks you're not good enough no matter what

That's fucking brutal, when even with frauding your genetics women still don't think you're good enough :feelsUnreal:

And with those shitty lazy replies you know they don't think much of you. And they don't even get to know you yet cucks will tell you you're not interesting enough or you don't know how to talk, that must be it :soy:

It's just so haunting to know that every single woman thinks you're not good enough no matter what
Missed this thread jfl. It goes to show that men are way more insecure than foids are, and rightly so because hair is fucking life. $30k is an insane amount to the average joe, but I completely understand it, it's a worthwhile cost if it means having hair.

That is based how it discusses government subsidies for hair loss treatment. I can't fucking believe hair loss is treated is just some minor thing. It's utterly brutal, with all the talk about mental health nowadays you'd think people would acknowledge the insane amount of pain hair loss causes men, and the massive effects it has on their life even if by some miracle they don't care about it (treated as different, viewed as unattractive, etc).

But as it's only a men's issue, the same people who support increased support for mental health and being sensitive to mental issues will completely switch and spew "huh man up pussy its just hair". Pisses me off so much

I will try again with a decent pic and later after my hairtransplant IRL. its a big mental blockage to take a pic of me, let alone one that says "hey, this is me and I am worthy of someone to love me"

Missed this thread jfl. It goes to show that men are way more insecure than foids are, and rightly so because hair is fucking life. $30k is an insane amount to the average joe, but I completely understand it, it's a worthwhile cost if it means having hair.

That is based how it discusses government subsidies for hair loss treatment. I can't fucking believe hair loss is treated is just some minor thing. It's utterly brutal, with all the talk about mental health nowadays you'd think people would acknowledge the insane amount of pain hair loss causes men, and the massive effects it has on their life even if by some miracle they don't care about it (treated as different, viewed as unattractive, etc).

But as it's only a men's issue, the same people who support increased support for mental health and being sensitive to mental issues will completely switch and spew "huh man up pussy its just hair". Pisses me off so much
Mental health talks only exist to get people hooked up on big pharma SSRI pills OR psychiatrists (the problem is all in your head :soy:)

A straight forward procedure such as hair transplants isn't interesting to them because it concerns men and doesn't make them lifelong slaves

Mental health talks only exist to get people hooked up on big pharma SSRI pills OR psychiatrists (the problem is all in your head :soy:)
Yup it's basically so you stop making a scene and ruining other people's good time with your expressions of rustrations, even if those frustrations are expressed subtly or pseudoanonymously online. You are told all the time it's not about you because as a low SMV male you are directed to live for others while not making it obvious.

Yup it's basically so you stop making a scene and ruining other people's good time with your expressions of rustrations, even if those frustrations are expressed subtly or pseudoanonymously online. You are told all the time it's not about you because as a low SMV male you are directed to live for others while not making it obvious.
Nobody cares about addressing real issues, much less fixing them. It's so disgusting

Nobody cares about addressing real issues, much less fixing them. It's so disgusting
Believe it or not low SMV males can accept that nobody will address issues facing them. What we cannot accept is that we are not even allowed to express our frustration without people taking us out of context, bullying us, lying about us and trolling us.

Believe it or not low SMV males can accept that nobody will address issues facing them. What we cannot accept is that we are not even allowed to express our frustration without people taking us out of context, bullying us, lying about us and trolling us.
What i hate the most is people saying it's our fault we're in a bad situation AND/OR we deserve it, we're evil and the world is just

What i hate the most is people saying it's our fault we're in a bad situation AND/OR we deserve it, we're evil and the world is just
tbh we don't care at this point about that and even those people know that. Which is why they force us to have to pay attention to the lies they are making by trying to censor us and deplatform all sites where low SMV males can express their frustrations.

167 men were asked how much they'd be willing to pay to improve their hair coverage by a certain amount of points on the Norwood Scale.
It's kind of obvious that men are willing to pay big bucks for hair, but the idea of estimating the worth of something tied to genetics reminded me of those studies that try to quantify the worth of height with money.

"What’s the average willingness to pay to move from a glistening cue ball to a luscious mane? About $30,000"

"[...] our study allows us to estimate the average WTP (Willingness To Pay) to move from a current Bruce Willis (NW7) to a current Prince William (NW4). That value? A measly $15,960. We know what you are thinking at this point. What is the value of moving from a current Bruce Willis (NW7) to a Die Hard Bruce Willis (NW3) to a Moonlighting Bruce Willis (NW2)? The answer is $21,280 for the 7 to 3 jump and then another $5,320 for the 3 to 2 jump."

:feelsStudy: Something interesting was that they identified 2 types of behaviors among balding men looking for cure: (a) Some men are willing to disregard the price of a hair treatment and (b) Some men disregard the magnitude of the positive effect so long as it's positive (they'll take any hair gain they can get, no matter how small it is). Really shows the levels of desperation

"Another empirical concern is that balding men will behave strategically in an online survey. In a desperate attempt to mitigate hair loss some men may ignore the randomly assigned price in order to maximize the chance that this miracle product will be brought to market. Another type of response behavior might be to ignore the level of hair change; that is, these guys might not care how much of an improvement they get as long as it is positive. To consider this behavior we estimate the equality constrained latent class (ECLC) model."

Lastly the authors say that government programs don't talk about balding enough :feelsahh:

"Some things in life money cannot buy. Unfortunately, hair is not one of them. Balding men are willing to pay considerable amounts of money for an improvement in coverage. These results have significant implications for participants in a market economy. There are obvious incentives for innovation in the hair care industry. Government subsidies toward hair growing technology programs would be welfare-enhancing. Government programs that address the causes of balding, such stress and aging, and that provide information about behaviors that could lead to balding, such as the tight ponytail and smoking, are needed."

Lastly I'll include the distribution of Norwoods among the respondents. NW 3 were by far the most common respondent.

View attachment 407801

God IQ thread

a small value for such a priceless thing

God what I would give for my hairline back

"Some things in life money cannot buy".

Yet there's several studies claiming richer people are happier. Solving problems like balding in a heartbeat helps. Duh.

Nice thread.

Hair does buy happiness.

View attachment 407801

I'd sell my organs to get my hair back