Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Study finds some men are too ugly to find love regardless of personality

• Thread starter sneed (not chuck)
  • Start date
sneed (not chuck)

sneed (not chuck)

Banned
-
Researchers at Eastern Connecticut State University looked at the mate preferences of 80 young women, aged 15 to 29, while also having 61 of their mothers weigh in.

The participants were presented with photographs of men varying in both attractiveness and described as one of three dispositions: “friendly,” “pleasing,” or “respectful.”

Additional trait profiles were explained for each of the three dispositions. Men labeled “respectful” included the traits ‘respectful, trustworthy, and honest;’ the ‘friendly’ men were labeled ‘friendly, dependable, and mature;’ and the ‘pleasing” profile meant that the man was ‘of a pleasing disposition, ambitious, and intelligent.’

The women were then asked to assess how attractive they found each man photographed, along with whether they found the man suitable to date, either themselves or for their daughters.

Simply put, men viewed as unattractive were not viewed as potential suitors, no matter the level of other redeeming qualities that accompanied their photos. Those with favorable personality traits that were ranked highly were at least moderately attractive.

“We conclude that a minimum level of physical attractiveness is a necessity for both women and their mothers,” says lead researcher Madeleine Fugère in a journal news release.

Mothers, however, didn’t shut the door on their offspring dating a relatively unattractive guy if he outperformed in other departments. But the younger participants wouldn’t budge.

“This may signal that unattractiveness is less acceptable to women than to their mothers,” says Fugère. “It might also mean that women and their mothers may have different notions of what constitutes a minimally acceptable level of physical attractiveness, with mothers employing a less stringent standard than their daughters.”

Although women will go on record to say that they prioritize personality characteristics over handsomeness in a partner, “they [still] assume that the potential mates at least meet a minimally acceptable standard of physical attractiveness,” Fugère adds.

The study was published in the journal Evolutionary Psychological Science.

worth a must-read

Not surprising at all .

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Although women will go on record to say that they prioritize personality characteristics over handsomeness in a partner
The reason why foids do that is because before in caveman days, if she was realistic, her ass would've got brutally beaten. Over the years because of this, they learned and mastered the art of lying and manipulation, that is why most guys are simps.

But IT knows a 5’5 ugly Indian janitor who gets laid, so all the science in the world doesn’t count.

In other breaking news....fish need water to survive, dogs are mammals, and owls have feathers.

“This may signal that unattractiveness is less acceptable to women than to their mothers,” says Fugère. “It might also mean that women and their mothers may have different notions of what constitutes a minimally acceptable level of physical attractiveness, with mothers employing a less stringent standard than their daughters.”

I've described a similar experience for me regarding this in the past, on other posts. Some boomer moms from my childhood community would think I'd be a good catch and wanted me to pair up with their daughters, yet this was around the time social media and online dating exploded, so their daughters felt like they had other options, and frankly, even if there were no social media/online dating, those girls preferred thug-maxxing. I was always a "nice, respectful boy". This is how it was in the past - older adults made sure their daughters were matched with a responsible man, because women of menopausal* age know damn well that young women make choices based on "muh feels" and the tingle between their legs, so they had to make sure they didn't end up with a piece of shit (i.e. what foids call exciting and dangerous).

I bet IT will say things like 'the data was flawed', 'this can't be taken at face value', 'it was only taken at East Connecticut University', etc

study only needed for cuckold bluepillers, not true incels who already know their fate

I am too ugly (short, ethnic) to find love regardless of my personality. It's beyond over.

A woman's looks don't deter her from dating. There's always someone who is willing to date her. Same can't be said for men and even the data proves it. People are more cruel towards ugly men and ugly men get less chances than ugly women.

In other breaking news....fish need water to survive, dogs are mammals, and owls have feathers.

I've described a similar experience for me regarding this in the past, on other posts. Some boomer moms from my childhood community would think I'd be a good catch and wanted me to pair up with their daughters, yet this was around the time social media and online dating exploded, so their daughters felt like they had other options, and frankly, even if there were no social media/online dating, those girls preferred thug-maxxing. I was always a "nice, respectful boy". This is how it was in the past - older adults made sure their daughters were matched with a responsible man, because women of menopausal* age know damn well that young women make choices based on "muh feels" and the tingle between their legs, so they had to make sure they didn't end up with a piece of shit (i.e. what foids call exciting and dangerous).

I bet IT will say things like 'the data was flawed', 'this can't be taken at face value', 'it was only taken at East Connecticut University', etc
I hate women so much

They needed to do a study to figure this out?

Shocker news nobody ever gave a fuck about pERsonality