Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Stemcels, is Sophomore year of college too late to start a career in robotics

Swimcell

Swimcell

「21st Century Schizoid Man」
★★
This is a very genuine question, I’m genuinely worried

I have serious autism which leads me to have insane, all consuming obsessions. For a while I was focused on creative pursuits, but have recently been consumed by an interest in robotics. It’s lasted long enough that I’m convinced that this one is going to stay. I had this interest on and off for a while, and therefore have a pretty standard knowledge of the trivia of the field; what terms mean and such.

My problem is that my parents fast tracked me on a humanities centric path throughout high school and college. I’m capable at math, and above average in computer science. my dad runs a fairly large computer company so I’ve been around tech all my life.

Is sophomore year too late to start on a track for robotics? What should I do generally? I’m set to inherit my dad’s computer company so I was thinking I’d double major in Mechanical Engineering and business management (with an international focus preferably).

Thank you for taking the time to read this bros, seriously

Bump cause why not.

My problem is that my parents fast tracked me on a humanities centric path throughout high school and college.
Your parents are based. Robotics is helping human development, which is bullshit, which has ironically contributed to your inceldom. Unless, you use that knowledge to create very realistic sexbots.

Your parents are based. Robotics is helping human development, which is bullshit, which has ironically contributed to your inceldom. Unless, you use that knowledge to create very realistic sexbots.
I don’t want to help human development. I’m doing this purely for personal enjoyment.

You said you were taking a humanities course?

If you are, I'd definitely recommend changing if you can afford to without incurring too much debt, at this point in your education there's still an opportunity to transfer a lot of your credits because your first two years are your basics (at least in the USA). As a young adult, you should take a vested interest in your hobbies and build off of them, and I don't think this is too different.

However, if it would be too costly, it's also not a bad decision to continue on your current path pewpew.

I don’t want to help human development. I’m doing this purely for personal enjoyment.
So do it, but what area of the humanities are you studying? You also say you are autistic, he asked me if that could affect your cognitive abilities to develop complex things like robotics.

You said you were taking a humanities course?

If you are, I'd definitely recommend changing if you can afford to without incurring too much debt, at this point in your education there's still an opportunity to transfer a lot of your credits because your first two years are your basics (at least in the USA). As a young adult, you should take a vested interest in your hobbies and build off of them, and I don't think this is too different.

However, if it would be too costly, it's also not a bad decision to continue on your current path pewpew.
Thank you for the response my friend,

I am in the USA and am well of enough that money is not really an issue. If I ever Elon Muskmaxx I will give free sexbots to everyone here.
So do it, but what area of the humanities are you studying? You also say you are autistic, he asked me if that could affect your cognitive abilities to develop complex things like robotics.
I spent my first year studying literature, trying to compose a Homeric-style Epic.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘he asked me’ could you rephrase that bro?

No.

You're still very young. All the guys at the very top are in their 50s and 60s. You'll eventually catch up to them, don't worry about your age as of now.

No.

You're still very young. All the guys at the very top are in their 50s and 60s. You'll eventually catch up to them, don't worry about your age as of now.
Thank you bro, I appreciate the encouragement :feelsmage:

Is there even a large job market for non Chads in robotics? If not then Pick something else.

Is there even a large job market for non Chads in robotics? If not then Pick something else.
Do chads dominate robotics? I always figured it was MENSA MITcels

Do chads dominate robotics? I always figured it was MENSA MITcels

Your looks doesn't really determine STEM success. But you have to NTmaxx, give lectures and interact with hundreds of people. Your social skills really depends a lot.

Your looks doesn't really determine STEM success. But you have to NTmaxx, give lectures and interact with hundreds of people. Your social skills really depends a lot.
Interesting. I’m actually good at public speaking and presentation, my tism mostly kicks in with small talk and one-on-one interaction.
Chads dominate all.
Even the janitor industry :dafuckfeels:

Thank you for the response my friend,

I am in the USA and am well of enough that money is not really an issue. If I ever Elon Muskmaxx I will give free sexbots to everyone here.

I spent my first year studying literature, trying to compose a Homeric-style Epic.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘he asked me’ could you rephrase that bro?
Well, I said this because people on the autism spectrum have problems with attention, concentration and executive function. I know that autism helps to "obsess" about issues, but it is limited if it can work on that or not. That literature sounds good, I hope you have put together a magnificent composition.

Interesting. I’m actually good at public speaking and presentation, my tism mostly kicks in with small talk and one-on-one interaction.

Even the janitor industry :dafuckfeels:
That's good to know.
Now make sure you're not neglecting theoretical aspect of Computer Science and Machine Learning. Those will really help you. The future is AI after all :feelsLSD::feelshmm:

Well, I said this because people on the autism spectrum have problems with attention, concentration and executive function. I know that autism helps to "obsess" about issues, but it is limited if it can work on that or not. That literature sounds good, I hope you have put together a magnificent composition.
It did not go well unfortunately, which is another factor encouraging my shift of majors. College literature is so cucked that I think I’m going to pursue it as a hobby.

I had a female die in my story (lots more men died, it’s a war book, it’s not like I wrote some weird fantasy) and my professor failed it because of “encouraging violence against women”
That's good to know.
Now make sure you're not neglecting theoretical aspect of Computer Science and Machine Learning. Those will really help you. The future is AI after all :feelsLSD::feelshmm:
This is exactly what I was thinking about. I’m not sure whether to pursue hard robotics or AI or both. Is it possible to pursue one in grad school/beyond the standard four years?

It did not go well unfortunately, which is another factor encouraging my shift of majors. College literature is so cucked that I think I’m going to pursue it as a hobby.

I had a female die in my story (lots more men died, it’s a war book, it’s not like I wrote some weird fantasy) and my professor failed it because of “encouraging violence against women”

This is exactly what I was thinking about. I’m not sure whether to pursue hard robotics or AI or both. Is it possible to pursue one in grad school/beyond the standard four years?

My speciality is in Math so I can't really help you here but if you're studying in a very good University than anything is possible.
Check out Stack Overflow or similar forums they will help you a lot.

My speciality is in Math so I can't really help you here but if you're studying in a very good University than anything is possible.
Check out Stack Overflow or similar forums they will help you a lot.
Sweet. I’m currently in a pretty good state SEC University so I should be alright. I’ll check out stack overflow now :feelsYall:

The future is AI after all :feelsLSD::feelshmm:
Depending on how it is used, the future will depend. If it is used to promote transhumanism, welcome. But if it is used, as it has been used all this time, it will be the same downward spiral towards the abyss of the human astium, supplying all its desires, to the point where there is nothing more to supply and we find ourselves in madness.
“encouraging violence against women”
Professor cuck, I would also leave your course.

Depending on how it is used, the future will depend. If it is used to promote transhumanism, welcome. But if it is used, as it has been used all this time, it will be the same downward spiral towards the abyss of the human astium, supplying all its desires, to the point where there is nothing more to supply and we find ourselves in madness.

Professor cuck, I would also leave your course.

JFL if you believe AI will be used to promote transhumanism. :feelskek:
It won't. The collapse is inevitable.

Hard Times create Strong Men
Strong Men create Good Times
Good Times create Weak Men
Weak Men create Hard Times

Hard Times are coming, be prepared it's gonna be one hell of a ride :feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD:

Hard Times are coming, be prepared it's gonna be one hell of a ride :feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD:
What are your collapse predictions bro?

Extremely Severe Anhedonia.
Fascinating. Do you think it’ll lead to an exponential rise in Ted Bundy-esque wild cards who are rabid in seeking their next high or a mass suicide/LDARing epidemic that causes an economic implosion?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions btw. You just seem like a fairly smart guy and I always like to collect ideas on these kinds of things.

I do not know whether to take this as a lifefuel or ragefuel, on the one hand I know that it is very likely that at some point all this will go to hell and I will be enjoying being an expert in philosophy, as I write a chronicle of this wonderful collapse.
But on the other hand, it is a shame that something like AI is not used to transcend the chains of meat and bones. Interesting that someone in the math area takes this for granted.

I do not know whether to take this as a lifefuel or ragefuel, on the one hand I know that it is very likely that at some point all this will go to hell and I will be enjoying being an expert in philosophy, as I write a chronicle of this wonderful collapse.
But on the other hand, it is a shame that something like AI is not used to transcend the chains of meat and bones. Interesting that someone in the math area takes this for granted.
Didn’t know you were a philosophy major bro. What would you describe your personal philosophy as?

Extremely Severe Anhedonia.
Yes, this is what I was saying, if the AI is used as it is today, the point will come where automation opens everything we normally do busy, leaves us empty, the astio will be present at high levels.

Fascinating. Do you think it’ll lead to an exponential rise in Ted Bundy-esque wild cards who are rabid in seeking their next high or a mass suicide/LDARing epidemic that causes an economic implosion?

Most probably not. That age is long gone now, Bundy era didn't had any CCTV or modern forensic techniques like DNA matching or facial recognition.
However Gun violence is expected to rise.

But I predict the future will see far less physical violence. Extreme psychological and mental breakdown is expected. The capitalistic will drive not only the economy but also humanity as a whole.

Most probably not. That age is long gone now, Bundy era didn't had any CCTV or modern forensic techniques like DNA matching or facial recognition.
However Gun violence is expected to rise.

But I predict the future will see far less physical violence. Extreme psychological and mental breakdown is expected. The capitalistic will drive not only the economy but also humanity as a whole.

Very interesting, I just hope It happens after I can build my mountain compound :feelstrash:

You are a very promising graycel bro

Didn’t know you were a philosophy major bro. What would you describe your personal philosophy as?
Well, technically anyone who thinks a lot about the why of things is a philosopher. But I plan to stretch it in college, if for some reason I can't, I'll go for history.

My philosophy and way of thinking could be summarized as: "If you can't do the things you really want, it's better to be dead". Although this still has enough moral and ethical dilemmas, about what one should be willing to do to accomplish those things, about what limits it should have. I was inspired by Nietzsche and his concept of the eternal return for that.

Well, technically anyone who thinks a lot about the why of things is a philosopher. But I plan to stretch it in college, if for some reason I can't, I'll go for history.

My philosophy and way of thinking could be summarized as: "If you can't do the things you really want, it's better to be dead". Although this still has enough moral and ethical dilemmas, about what one should be willing to do to accomplish those things, about what limits it should have. I was inspired by Nietzsche and his concept of the eternal return for that.
Fascinating stuff. I subscribe to a pretty similar personal philosophy nowadays, which is part of what’s driving me to follow this obsession.

Funny story: I was super into egoism in high school, until someone asked me “You’ve got a button. Every time you press it someone dies and you get 5$, but you totally forget about it so there’s no mental trauma or guilt to you personally. Are you right to press the button?”

Interesting thread. What do you already know about the field that makes you want to join it?
Recently I've also shifted my interest specifically to driver development and working specifically with hardware inplementations, but I am already inside an IT course, even though it covers more abstract higher-level things. It is very hard to work solely with robots, most people only play with it as a hobby to write codes to open hardware such as arduino, the market stills very strict and I would not risk a career on it. Only do this decision if you have a very deep technical interest on it and would never be happy working with anything else.

Last edited:
Interesting thread. What do you already know about the field that makes you want to join it?
Recently I've also shifted my interest specifically to driver development and working specifically with hardware inplementations, but I am already inside an IT course, even though it covers more abstract higher-level things. It is very hard to work solely with
I’ve had a periodic interest in robotics my whole life, but I’ve only recently decided to fucks on it. My first exposure to robotics was with Mr. House in Fallout New Vegas, who I had an autistic fascination with. I really like creating stuff as well, which I think is a good driver in a field like this.

I suppose I’ve always had a fascination with the Ayn Randian Businessman/Scientist archetype.

As someone with some experience, what would you say the merits are of going mechanical engineering vs Computer science. Is it realistic to do both?

absolute truth. infinite growth on finite planet is doomed to fail. they have alot of science studies saying humans got relatively small chance of survival past 2050 due to resource exhaustion and other shit.
also @Swimcell if you want do robotic, transfer ASAP. transferring in first two years of college far easier than later. also career advancement in field you enjoy is far easier than a field you hate.

I don’t know