Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill STEMceling is finished; Chad has arrived

cleftpalatecel

cleftpalatecel

Risperdal gave me tits
★★
If you are or have been a CS major in the USA you surely know what I'm talking about. It's nigh impossible to make it into a prestigious STEM job as an introvert with no network; your grades/personal portfolio/skill on interview problems have to be genuinely world class to carry you alone. The field has become so saturated that some degree of nepotism is a must. I'm not there currently but when I was at uni, CS was full of extroverted moggers with vast social networks, and even they had to fight tooth and nail for internships by milking every single tenuous connection they had. You're never going to get a job purely based on your skill, any field with money in it will attract Chad who always wins.

Brutal no replies, surely there's some rices and curries here whose parents also pushed them into STEM?

I'm also a STEMcel(not CS though) but not in the US. Job Market doesn't look good here too.

I'm also a STEMcel(not CS though) but not in the US. Job Market doesn't look good here too.
It’s bad because they are importing millions of pajeets who are willing to get paid less for mediocre half assed work

It’s bad because they are importing millions of pajeets who are willing to get paid less for mediocre half assed work
Oh I totally forgot to bitch about the pajeet problem, they're the most unapologetic brazen nepotists of all

If you are or have been a CS major in the USA you surely know what I'm talking about. It's nigh impossible to make it into a prestigious STEM job as an introvert with no network; your grades/personal portfolio/skill on interview problems have to be genuinely world class to carry you alone. The field has become so saturated that some degree of nepotism is a must. I'm not there currently but when I was at uni, CS was full of extroverted moggers with vast social networks, and even they had to fight tooth and nail for internships by milking every single tenuous connection they had. You're never going to get a job purely based on your skill, any field with money in it will attract Chad who always wins.
It’s like this with all fields. Used to be CS was exclusively pursued by introvert nerds

The Internet & globalisation fucked everything.