Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Spree (2020) Parallels to Elliot Rodger

LensCapProductions

LensCapProductions

Mr Anime
https://**********/attachments/merlin_175434612_d8938f96-3123-487f-a5e8-eb98b9d0d6bc-mobilemasterat3x-jpg.29807/

I watched this film when it came out and I've gotta say, I enjoyed it and found a few parallels to ER with the main character, Kurt. To give you a brief run-down of what it's about, here's the synopsis:

'Desperate for an online following, a rideshare driver has figured out a deadly plan to go viral and he will stop at nothing to get his five minutes of fame.'

I've spotted a few similarities such as the videos Kurt uploads to his Youtube channel, Kurtsworld96, one of them seeming to be a parody of the Ellіot Rodger video 'Why do girls hate me so much' though the writers don't mention Ellіot being an inspiration for the movie in any interviews. The main similarity in this video is that the two are both ranting in the video on a similar road as cars pass by, the body language of raising the arms and carrying sunglasses. There's also the fact that they both documented that they were going on a spree killing. That's an obvious similarity by the way, they're both spree killers/mass murderers, Kurt doing a similar thing to Ellіot Rodger and Alek Minassian (running over people in his car) but also poisoning and stabbing others.

It's also insinuated by the eventual death of Kurt at the end, both Ellіot and Kurt being involved in a car accident during the end of their rampage (Kurt being ran over by his own car by one of his victims who he originally wanted to make his girlfriend) and Ellіot ending his rampage with crashing his own car then killing himself. There's also that kind of connection with the cars, a lot of Ellіot's video being in his car, Kurt being a rideshare driver, recording his livestreams in his car, valuing a good setup and cleanliness.

https://**********/attachments/screenshot_20211025-222452_youtube-jpg.29808/https://**********/attachments/85170-full-jpg.29809/

Then there's their personalities. Kurt believes he is entitled to fame and success such as how Ellіot believed he was entitled to money and women. This ideology seeps into Kurt near the end of the film, as mentioned before, trying to make one of his customers his girlfriend to which she rejects him and he lashes out, not understanding why she refused. Kurt's pretty awkward too, his social interaction with a woman he likes consisting of him acting like a confident chad, bragging about all the 'sex' he gets, which only ends up in creeping her out.

Also a bad relationship with his family, Kurt feeling hateful towards his parents, arguing with his dad frequently during the film (the main time being when his dad finds his gun in the glove box of his car). This could possibly have a connection due to the fact Ellіot's dad doesn't forgive him for the killings, or maybe I'm looking way too into it at this point.

https://**********/attachments/joe-keery-david-arquette-kris-kunkle-kurt-kunkle-spree-jpg.29810/

When Peter Rodger was asked if he wished his son was never born in an interview, he said 'a part of me says yes':

View: https://youtu.be/CWvm6KI1S9M

Oh, and of course, the masterpiece of an ending. The film ends with articles about Kurt's massacre, eventually leading into a subreddit for his community, a few members praising him and others wondering 'whos gonna be the next Kurt Kunkle?' After this, we're lead to a 4chan message board of people meme-ing the situation, some people romanticising him, then people archiving his videos until someone collects the footage and makes the film 'Spree' for the fellow 'Kurties'. I mean, come on. This has to be a reference. (And he gets called an incel 18 minutes in, so make what you want of that one). Those are the main similarities I found, this is just my opinion but I thought I'd post it here to see you guys' responses and hopefully to introduce this amazing film to you all. I really do believe the evidence is damning though and if you don't believe me, you can watch it for yourself.

too much text

stupid grAYcel faggot
Bruh calm tf down, you didn't like how I put quality and research into my post, in result, making it tOo MaNy WoRdS so you come after me for not having many posts. Do you have brain damage? Everyone starts off here not having posts, crawl back into your snowflake hole

Bruh calm tf down, you didn't like how I put quality and research into my post, in result, making it tOo MaNy WoRdS so you come after me for not having many posts. Do you have brain damage? Everyone starts off here not having posts, crawl back into your snowflake hole

Don’t bother replying to idiots like that, there’s too many of them on this forum, whenever I encounter a low iq retard, I find it’s best to conserve my energy by simply putting them on my ignore list, rather than engaging in any argument with them.

You know what, I think I might just block that idiot right now so I don’t have to deal with him in the future

Don’t bother replying to idiots like that, there’s too many of them on this forum, whenever I encounter a low iq retard, I find it’s best to conserve my energy by simply putting them on my ignore list, rather than engaging in any argument with them.
Thanks for the advice man :feelsYall: I'm fairly new here as I used to be on other forums but decided to make the move. So I guess I'm in that awkward transition phase where I don't know anybody. I appreciate the word of warning though :feelsokman:

skimmed it when it came out. shitty b movie. it was made in direct parallel to ER. ofc it has similarities

Last edited:
Sperg out somewhere else, maybe reddit.

Very fun movie

just watched the trailer looks fun. definetly took inspiration from the events of the shithole call isla vista.