Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Soy Orbison

GhostedPhantom

GhostedPhantom

Gray (he/him)
★★★★
2 of Roy's most popular songs are the epitome of the bluepill.

View: https://youtu.be/TYQzIw0zat0

View: https://youtu.be/3KFvoDDs0XM

My parents have never told me to treat foids well but I was still surely bluepilled indirectly by hearing these songs along with others from them. They're a cognitohazard to impressionable kids.

And of course, there's plenty of bluepill music from many other artists too. I just focused on this in particular because of the pun.

I thought the 2nd one was about street hookers, which were much more common 50 years ago

street hookers, which were much more common 50 years ago
Maybe the "good old days" were good after all. :feelsbadman:

I didn't find anything about the song being about a hooker, but i did find this unrelated thing:
his long time away from home on tours apparently drove his wife to having an affair with a contractor building the same dream house about which he is writing in a letter to UK pop magazine Rave in 1964

Maybe the "good old days" were good after all. :feelsbadman:

I didn't find anything about the song being about a hooker, but i did find this unrelated thing:
Hmm I guess my thoughts were influenced by that film

Generation up generation are raised to be simps, i would never do that if i had a son, why would someone turn his kid into a slave, dont they want better for their sons?

Generation up generation are raised to be simps, i would never do that if i had a son, why would someone turn his kid into a slave, dont they want better for their sons?
This.
I hope covid and cancer and other illnesses kill more boomers.

Based ASF thread. I love incel analysis of art/culture. Please see my take on Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" (more like Ode to :soy:)

Hmm I guess my thoughts were influenced by that film
At the end of the day, lyrics are open for personal interpretation like all other forms of art are. Maybe the director of the movie decided that the song fits the way the man feels about the hooker. Apparently, they fall in lOvE at the end, too, which matches the song. By the way, the second half of the trailer with its flashing letters reminds me of those videos where they point out subliminal messages in Disney films.

To be fair, my father didn't make me listen to it, he just listened to it on speakers, exposing me to it like second-hand smoke. Still neglectful, but I can chalk it up to ignorance since the previous generations have lived in a parallel universe that's completely different from ours. Then again, he has told me some blackpilled things only to later contradict himself by listening to foid worship music.

Based ASF thread. I love incel analysis of art/culture. Please see my take on Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" (more like Ode to :soy:)
Oh yeah, I read that thread shortly after I had signed up. It changed the way I thought about that song. Then again, I had never thought about its lyrics anyway, especially since as a joyless man, "ode to joy" has never sounded like an interesting title to me.

Oh yeah, I read that thread shortly after I had signed up. It changed the way I thought about that song. Then again, I had never thought about its lyrics anyway, especially since as a joyless man, "ode to joy" has never sounded like an interesting title to me.

More of bluepilled Orbison.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSeIh9rmEUs

I heard this one in the game "Alan Wake" and is the only other Orbison song I know. :feelskek:

I heard this one in the game "Alan Wake" and is the only other Orbison song I know. :feelskek:
I didn't know it was in Alan Wake. I only knew about the Poets of the Fall songs in there.

It seems a little less like foid worshipping because half of it is about the pain of being abandoned and undesired. But it depends - if she cheated on and/or divorce raped him, then missing her is absolutely cucked, but if she just left peacefully, then it's understandable to miss her (or more accurately, the affection she used to show). He also acknowledges that he's imaginemaxxing.

They don't know better.

And yes, agreed. If I ever get a son (Cope) I will raise him to be an actual man and properly get him prepared for the world.

he had a damn tragic life tho

Only the lonely

Have you ever heard of it's over by him?

I like pretty woman

Have you ever heard of it's over by him?
I hadn't listened to it. I actually like its lyrics.

I like pretty woman
Just to clarify, it's primarily Anything You Want that I was complaining about. Pretty Woman does have the protagonist hoping for attention from a foid but least it doesn't involve him slaving away for her so it's much better.

I hadn't listened to it. I actually like its lyrics.

Just to clarify, it's primarily Anything You Want that I was complaining about. Pretty Woman does have the protagonist hoping for attention from a foid but least it doesn't involve him slaving away for her so it's much better.
Bro ngl I seldom even pay attention to the lyrics of a song unless they are exceptional. The melody and rhythm is usually enough to get me to like it. Lowest possible effort song-listening.

his music is melancholy, its full of bluepilled pain and regret. I also admire that he performs completely devoid of histrionics. He didn't wear sunglasses onstage to look cool. He did it because he was painfully shy. He is a true musician that insists that his sound should speak for himself.

This is why I have a fondness for sad music in general . I think it's more honest than a happy bluepilled pop song or Chad redpilled rap/hiphop full of autotune.

But you are onto something. My parents blasted nothing but bluepilled oldies when I was a young child and I think that may have to do with permanently damaging any masculine instincts I had.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC9o_unLq4

There's almost a sense that foids would show up to his concerts and be disappointed that this amazing sound came out of this boring shy man. They came to realize in the moment that they are uncomfortable hearing a whiny sound from an ugly man. They wish Elvis was up there or something. Only Chads can be vulnerable

2021 11 27 20 00 41 cobain   Google Search   Brave

Last edited:
roy orbison was a great musician and would 100% be incel today. he was shy and not very good looking, not a ladies man but had a great voice and great tunes. every incel should respect his music because it cuts deep.
There's almost a sense that foids would show up to his concerts and be disappointed that this amazing sound came out of this boring shy man. They came to realize in the moment that they are uncomfortable hearing a whiny sound from an ugly man. They wish Elvis was up there or something. Only Chads can be vulnerable

View attachment 537769

this.

Bro ngl I seldom even pay attention to the lyrics of a song unless they are exceptional. The melody and rhythm is usually enough to get me to like it. Lowest possible effort song-listening.
I envy you for that. It's like my mind purposefully looks for reasons to be pissed off at songs due to their lyrics. That used not to be a problem for me when I was bluepilled but now almost every song playing on speakers somewhere is ragefuel.

I envy you for that. It's like my mind purposefully looks for reasons to be pissed off at songs due to their lyrics. That used not to be a problem for me when I was bluepilled but now almost every song playing on speakers somewhere is ragefuel.
I don't care about the lyrics so much as how the music itself speaks to me emotionally. This is why Opera can transcend barriers of time and language for instance

roy orbison was a great musician and would 100% be incel today. he was shy and not very good looking, not a ladies man but had a great voice and great tunes. every incel should respect his music because it cuts deep.

this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLBvtclTy9c

Look at this very blackpilled video of him singing without the glasses.

Everyone hates him and think he looks weird. Also what's with the peppy clapping to "only the lonely?"

It's like they found his stage presence so awkward the audience attempted to hijack the atmosphere to a high energy mood. If I were Roy I would be angry for them not understanding the song.

Yeah, he was really talented and a voicechad. I was considering mentioning that in the thread for clarity. I was only upset about him pushing the bluepill mindset with some songs and the popularity of those songs being a sign of how eager normies are to swallow the bluepill.

Also what's with the peppy clapping to "only the lonely?"
A: :foidSoy:
Notice how the audience consists of a lot of foids.