Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

South Korea has highest suicide rate in industrialized world

T

Tuttle

Banned
-
According to this:

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-south-korea-suicide-20171219-story.html

Didn't know that.

The school system, beauty culture, and many other elements of society are too fucking brutal out there.

blickpall said:
The school system, beauty culture, and many other elements of society are too fucking brutal out there.

I think it might be just how fucking awful k-pop is

Themisterpepsi said:
I think it might be just how fucking awful k-pop is

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0f9ifrDSp8[/video]

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the ROK-SWC, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on North Korea, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire KR armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Korean Peninsula and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the 대한민국 육군 특수전사령부 and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Akarin said:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the ROK-SWC, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on North Korea, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire KR armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Korean Peninsula and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the 대한민국 육군 특수전사령부 and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Haven't read this copypasta in awhile lol

watch misaeng you will learn why

blickpall said:

Not to mention the work culture.  The work culture in South Korea is similar to Japan's where you're expected to work 60+ hours a week even though you're only getting paid for 40.  They also expect you to go drinking with them several nights a week.  It's pretty much mandatory.  And bosses treat their employees like dirt and they have no choice but to put up with it.  

I legit think I would have killed myself by now if I had to put up with all that shit.  I value my free time (even if I spend much of it shitposting) but you don't get a whole lot of that in South Korea (and east asia in general).  Instead your entire life revolves around school when you're young, then work after you graduate.  Doesn't seem like much of a life to me, especially if it's combined with inceldom.

Tuttle said:
According to this:
http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-south-korea-suicide-20171219-story.html
Didn't know that.

It's because they are copying the west's system which produces a mind set that looks are the most important and personality/wisdom/kindness are not important

South Korea is known for plastic surgery and all the J-POP stars, that system creates self hatred, nobody is going to look like the JPop stars unless they spend most of their time looks maxing at the gym and buying clothes to match it....that lifestyle creates misery with judging yourself, comparing to others. If the plastic surgery works, you'll feel happy you now look better than others but the more people keep doing it you'll eventually become average until the next level of enhancements comes out.....this is a no win game which breeds misery.
3rfVn4.jpg

Here's a North Korea Propaganda about America which is mostly true
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyFH19nm2e4[/video]

Well atleast they got Starcraft

Battlefield3cel said:
Well atleast they got Starcraft

StarCraft is probably one of my biggest copes, unsurprising that it also makes me miserable because I get fucked by Korean teenagers on a regular basis there.

blickpall said:
StarCraft is probably one of my biggest copes, unsurprising that it also makes me miserable because I get fucked by Korean teenagers on a regular basis there.

You play Brood War aye. Apparently thats a boss expansion pack. It looks like a good game. I used to have the n64 version.

I know that feel though. I've  been playing Halo since 2002 (all of them) and it pisses me off when our team loses on team slayer.

Battlefield3cel said:
You play Brood War aye. Apparently thats a boss expansion pack. It looks like a good game. I used to have the n64 version.

I know that feel though. I've  been playing Halo since 2002 (all of them) and it pisses me off when our team loses on team slayer.

Brood War is the bomb. Also lol @ the N64 version, I've seen YouTube videos of people playing it, I can't even.

It's incredible how one can sink thousands of hours into something and still not be the best in the world at something. Some people out there are truly crazy.

Ryo_Hazuki said:
.... (even if I spend much of it shitposting) ...

NpRMSvP.gif

Worked in a lab once with some South Koreans. Something that was different that kinda blew me away was that the way they go about apartments is different than what I had come to expect and seems to be the norm. Over there you pay a HUGE deposit. Like the equivalent of tens of thousands of dollars. However, the rent is much lower. The owners of the property invest the money in the deposit. It seems strange and now it seems unwise given the possibility of loss of the money. Just kinda funny how a thing you take for granted as being done a certain way could be very different in another culture. And think of what that could do for expectations of living on one's own.

blickpall said:
Brood War is the bomb. Also lol @ the N64 version, I've seen YouTube videos of people playing it, I can't even.

It's incredible how one can sink thousands of hours into something and still not be the best in the world at something. Some people out there are truly crazy.
Yeah its not great but it was all I could play it on back then. Console is terrible for rts. 

Yea the worst is when you get matched with scrubs for your team and you have to do the 'work'for like 2-3 people.

Tuttle said:
NpRMSvP.gif

Worked in a lab once with some South Koreans.  Something that was different that kinda blew me away was that the way they go about apartments is different than what I had come to expect and seems to be the norm.  Over there you pay a HUGE deposit.  Like the equivalent of tens of thousands of dollars.  However, the rent is much lower.  The owners of the property invest the money in the deposit.  It seems strange and now it seems unwise given the possibility of loss of the money.   Just kinda funny how a thing you take for granted as being done a certain way could be very different in another culture.  And think of what that could do for expectations of living on one's own.

I'm pretty sure in Japan, moving is either insanely cheap or subsidized or free or something. On top of that, the moving company moves all of your stuff for you, and can set it up to match exactly how it was in your old place of residence. Pretty wild stuff.

Also I am always fascinated by the "maid" culture in many foreign countries. In South Korea, it's pretty much dirt cheap to have some ajumma show up at your house, cook you a fat pot of food, and clean your house at least once a week. In some South/Central American countries, even the maids have their own maids. It's nuts.

Battlefield3cel said:
Yeah its not great but it was all I could play it on back then. Console is terrible for rts. 

Yea the worst is when you get matched with scrubs for your team and you have to do the 'work'for like 2-3 people.

In Brood War it feels like it's much harder to fight against multiple people, even if they are shit tier. The game simply snowballs against you, and the longer it goes, the less realistic victory is because even if it's 2v1 and both of your opponents are noobs, they both get maximum supply so now it's legitimately 200 soldiers vs 100 for example. Shit feels epic but oppressive.

Not to detract from FPS games though. I used to play CS and people are just as nutty on that as they are in SC it feels like.

They also have the smallest cocks and the men are some of the worst looking ive ever seen

Akarin said:

giphy.gifhttp:

Akarin said:

giphy.gifhttp:

blickpall said:
In Brood War it feels like it's much harder to fight against multiple people, even if they are shit tier. The game simply snowballs against you, and the longer it goes, the less realistic victory is because even if it's 2v1 and both of your opponents are noobs, they both get maximum supply so now it's legitimately 200 soldiers vs 100 for example. Shit feels epic but oppressive.

Not to detract from FPS games though. I used to play CS and people are just as nutty on that as they are in SC it feels like.
Shit sounds pretty one sided. I like rts games, I'm just too incompetent to play them online against other people

Battlefield3cel said:
Shit sounds pretty one sided. I like rts games, I'm just too incompetent to play them online against other people

They are really taxing, for sure. I average 200+ APM in many of my games but I still can't keep up with all elements of the game and lose to people who have a cleaner or higher APM all the time.

I thought it was Japan. It doesn't surprise me. The work culture over there is insane. People get worked half to death and treated like dirt and then everyone is surprised when so many people top themselves.

commander_zoidberg said:
I thought it was Japan. It doesn't surprise me. The work culture over there is insane. People get worked half to death and treated like dirt and then everyone is surprised when so many people top themselves.

Both countries are notorious for it but Korea edges Japan out. I believe they also have the most childhood suicides. Groups of children jumping in front of trains or off of their school building rooftop because they have too much school work and stress, and too many expectations laid upon them.