Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Something I still have trouble understanding

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Billions of pages have been filled with ink regarding psychological disorders and their treatment since the 1800s, yet the (very obvious and primary) role of looks in the formation of personality and behavior has been completely overlooked.

Or at least, it seems so. During the following months, I plan on reading every psychology textbook or psychology book I can find to confirm this impression.

The very science that is supposed to understand the human mind and treat its disorders completely overlooks the incredibly obvious fact that if you're ugly, short and fat, your social life is, statistically, going to suck more often than not, especially during youth, leaving indelible marks on the brain. I find that completely baffling when all it takes to see repeated, primary evidence of this is going to a schoolyard.

There is some info on it. Eg facial harmony is attractive, evolutionary evidence of male traits, etc.

But this is mostly a taboo subject like race and IQ.

Physiognomy?

The truth is taboo OP

I wonder what stance a psychologist/psychiatrist would hold if you decided to blackpill them on looks.

More than likely they'd throw bullshit normie platitudes at you.

Yeah, it's too taboo. It's less controversial to just make shit up about chemical imbalances in the brain causing mental illness. The reality is that mental illness is mostly trauma induced by peers, family, and society at large.

The truth is taboo OP

I know, but it is still baffling that nobody up to now broke the silence and the circlejerk to say the truth.

This is really an "emperor with no clothes" situation that has lasted too long, one of the foremost in history, and perhaps the last remaining. Sometimes I'm thinking about going into the psychology field myself to make things move in these matters.

I wonder what stance a psychologist/psychiatrist would hold if you decided to blackpill them on looks.

More than likely they'd throw bullshit normie platitudes at you.

Out of 10 shrinks I have seen in my life, only 2 were blackpilled on looks, only 1 very blackpilled. The rest were spouting platitudes supporting the "fair world hypothesis" (someone for everyone, you just have to be nice and smile, etc) that has been completely discredited by Darwinian biology.

I know, but it is still baffling that nobody up to now broke the silence and the circlejerk to say the truth.

This is really an "emperor with no clothes" situation that has lasted too long, one of the foremost in history, and perhaps the last remaining. Sometimes I'm thinking about going into the psychology field myself to make things move in these matters.

Out of 10 shrinks I have seen in my life, only 2 were blackpilled on looks, only 1 very blackpilled. The rest were spouting platitudes supporting the "fair world hypothesis" (someone for everyone, you just have to be nice and smile, etc) that has been completely discredited by Darwinian biology.

I'm not surprised.

I think @FACEandLMS mentioned a psychologist in one of his videos who says that looks are the only necessary factor for attraction.