Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious some infuriating examples why social media is bad for your mental health... and why people are DUMB

TheGrayWolf

TheGrayWolf

At heart, I am panda-bear| 5'4"| 1/10 face&head
★★★★★
I use a burner account (I'm "Norwegian")

Some of the most infuriating comments I read (can't remember word for word but it's pretty accurate). And my approximate replies in (...)

• "I live in the UK. You're from Norway which is not in Europe so you don't have the right to say anything, go back to school" (nope, of course it is in Europe but it's not in the EU). That same person told me to "take an English-language class" - (my English isn't bad for not being a native-speaker)

• "It's only legal to smoke if you're older than 21 Europe, same with alcohol. AOC is 18 everywhere, shut your mouth", (nope - in most Euro countries it's actually 18 for smoking, 16 for beer/wine, and 16 for AOC).

• "Outdoor-indoor cats are uncommon in UK/Europe" (nope, search Google)

• "Autism isn't a real disease but rather these people pretend to be socially awkward so they don't have to talk to people" (what?!)

• "Fluoride is bad for you, that's why you should buy fluoride-free toothpaste even if your water doesn't contain it" (actually, using fluoride-free toothpaste the whole time will cause tooth-decay and cavities, just don't swallow the fluoride. Google.)

• "High-tax countries are doing better economically and to live in" (actually the opposite is often the case. Google.)

• "Wealthy people live the lifestyle of middle-class people and rarely buy expensive houses or anything" (wait, so who owns million-dollar mansions, private jets, yachts, car-collections, holiday-houses, and Rolls Royce's?)

––– All not true, a quick Google search disproves all these stupid comments.

True social media sucks. I try my best not to spend a lot of time online, but I have no choice because, I'm bored all the time.

True social media sucks. I try my best not to spend a lot of time online, but I have no choice because, I'm bored all the time.
Same man, but did you see these dumb comments I gave as examples?

And the ignorant comments about the Palestine-Israel conflict, oh man I could just puke at some of them, such as from a comment saying on instagram, quote: "they should all be wiped out, not even Palestine children are innocent".

Man I have to almost puke.

This is part of why i don't use soycial media, it's full of brainwashed normaloids with absolutely retarded takes on everything.

And the ignorant comments about the Palestine-Israel conflict, oh man I could just puke at some of them, such as from a comment saying on instagram, quote: "they should all be wiped out, not even Palestine children are innocent".
Most empathetic normalfag in 2024

This is part of why i don't use soycial media, it's full of brainwashed normaloids with absolutely retarded takes on everything.
Yup... I hope I can do that too but I have chronic depression and procrastination, somehow it sucks me in to also look at hot women, and this and the comments make me even more depressed jfl.

No, only one or two... My feed on social media is mostly just news.
Ah sorry, I meant did you read those in my posts. But you did. Mine is too just news but I still see these comments.

If you read YouTube comments, you will see that many people are ignorant and inadequate.

In fact. I do believe only morons still use google, when their are much better alternatives out there that don't try to push bullishit narratives on you.

Nigger, I study sociology.

I firmly believe that I'm allowed to be fascinated.
Alright then, sorry. It sounded sarcastic to me for some reason.

In fact. I do believe only morons still use google, when their are much better alternatives out there that don't try to push bullishit on you.
Well DuckDuckGo, Bravesearch, Qwant etc etc will give you the same results to the quotes I listed

The trick is to dig deeper into the ideas behind the statements.

Such as why, this or that...

Never take the popular or socially promoted answers as facts without a closer look.

But also, a search engine, is not social media.

The trick is to dig deeper into the ideas behind the statements.

Such as why, this or that...

Never take the popular or socially promoted answers as facts without a closer look.
Oh yeah, I absolutely agree! I wish everyone would do that.

But some of these (like indoor-outdoor cats) I just have personal experience with (in Germany) and the legal-age of alcohol, smoking and consent is also not disputed, as well as Norway being in Europe, but not the EU, and many billionaires do own very expensive stuff.

The rest, we can argue about I guess.

But also, a search engine, is not social media.
Also true but these statements are from Instagram, which I found with my "Norwegian" burner-account.
I guess for some of these statements most search-engines will give you similar results, more specifically, the opposite of what people claim in said comments.

But again, some of these aren't objective facts. Some are, some aren't.

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree! I wish everyone would do that.

But some of these (like indoor-outdoor cats) I just have personal experience with (in Germany) and the legal-age of alcohol, smoking and consent is also not disputed, as well as Norway being in Europe, but not the EU, and many billionaires do own very expensive stuff.

The rest, we can argue about I guess.
I prefer outside cats because they knock over too much shit. Plus I want them to kill rats and mice before they get inside...

I don't know anything about Euro smoking and other Euro stuff. So it's interesting to me.

I prefer outside cats because they knock over too much shit. Plus I want them to kill rats and mice before they get inside...

I don't know anything about Euro smoking and other Euro stuff. So it's interesting to me.
Based takes and some American laws/norms are interesting to me in turn. My cat used to lay dead mice in front of the entrance or the yard, as a gift, I had to "take care of it" (pick up the dead mouse and put it in the trash).

And yeah, in some European countries you can buy beer and wine at 16 (gin, whiskey etc at 18), to me it's amazing it's only 21 in the US but I guess that's just a cultural difference?

Also there are huge cultural/law differences across Europe some very similar to the US, some very different.

Based takes and some American laws/norms are interesting to me in turn. My cat used to lay dead mice in front of the entrance or the yard, as a gift, I had to "take care of it" (pick up the dead mouse and put it in the trash).

And yeah, in some European countries you can buy beer and wine at 16 (gin, whiskey etc at 18), to me it's amazing it's only 21 in the US but I guess that's just a cultural difference?

Also there are huge cultural/law differences across Europe some very similar to the US, some very different.
Here we have 3.2% alcohol beer for under 21/ 16+ kids. But most states have "Sunday laws" where you can't buy booze in stores and must goto a bar.

Here we have 3.2% alcohol beer for under 21/ 16+ kids. But most states have "Sunday laws" where you can't buy booze in stores and must goto a bar.
Interesting, I didn't know that.

Beer here in Central Europe is usually 4%–5.4%, the age is still 16 if the alcohol percentage is 14.9% or lower. For any hard alcohol (over 15%), the legal age is 18.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Beer here in Central Europe is usually 4%–5.4%, the age is still 16 if the alcohol percentage is 14.9% or lower. For any hard alcohol (over 15%), the legal age is 18.
21 for cigarettes