Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Social Anxiety: I Can Finally Walk Outside with My Head Up With Confidence

E

Esoteric7

Even girls I find ugly are out of my league
★★★★★
As a lifelong sufferer of social anxiety, I can finally walk outside with my head up, back straight, and look straight ahead.

Well, at least 90% of the time. It’s like learning to walk again after recovering from a spinal injury.

Before, I used to walk with my head down, no eye contact, crippled with anxiety.

How did I manage to overcome this?

No “zombie pills” or gaslighting CBT were needed.

I simply reasoned with myself:
  • I always feel fear and dread around others, yet nothing ever happens. Clearly, this fear is irrational and faulty, so it should be discarded. Plus, I’m so demoralized and angry these days that I wish someone would threaten me, just so I could unleash my wrath onto them. Besides, I’ve often heard that 99% of the time, people are cowards.
  • I’m a fully grown man; it’s pathetic that I can’t walk outside without crippling anxiety.
  • When I look forward, I don’t actually make eye contact with anyone - I ignore them, and focus on objects in the background because objects won’t judge me or give strange looks. People mistake me for looking at them. Sometimes, people either look down or to the side when I do this, then they give me a quick glance just before they pass me. Is this technique autistic?
It's mainly the last bullet point that has solved the problem. Sometimes, I go outside just to practise this and build more confidence, although, I'm very cautious because I get extremely depressed when I see couples, which ruins everything.

I’ve walked past all sorts of people: groups of teenage girls, men, women, crowds, etc. With females, I have to tell myself it's pathetic to be scared of a female who you're physically stronger than.

I refuse to make eye contact because I think it's weird. I definitely won't make unnecessary eye contact with another man, that's gay.

The only challenge I still face is an oncoming gang of teenage males. Two of them screamed at me the other day as I walked by. I hope they die from a car accident and burn in hell.

Also, JFL to consider this a ‘milestone’ - something even children accomplish with ease. :feelsrope:

Last edited:
Congrats bro, thats huge
Trying to work on the same issue myself. My social anxiety is near crippling

Good for you brocel. I suffer from same issues. Rarely when I go outside and even talking to my cousins is hard for me, I always embarrass myself. I have to force myself, it's scary like jumping of a bridge.

I'm also suffering from severe social anxiety. Going outside is absolute suifuel for me. I'm so afraid of people and what they think of me.

I'm also suffering from severe social anxiety. Going outside is absolute suifuel for me. I'm so afraid of people and what they think of me.
I just take xanax of kpins if I need to go out

Good for you brocel sometimes you just gotta get in the headspace of not giving a single fuck what people think normies are judgemental cunts fuck them

Good for you brocel sometimes you just gotta get in the headspace of not giving a single fuck what people think normies are judgemental cunts fuck them
Indeed. fuck em