Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Smoking is back and it’s still cool (and deadly) ... The Guardian

W

WizardofSoda

Overlord
★★★★★
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/jul/02/smoking-is-back-and-its-still-cool-and-deadly

My comments: I would debate that smoking is deadly. The baby boomers parents smoked hardcore, and the baby boomers smoked to a much lesser degree, yet the baby boomers are dying younger than their parents did. Japan is the heaviest smoking industrialized nation and also the longest lived. The Southern Euros smoke more than the Northern Euros, and again it appears the Southern Euros live longer.

If smoking was as dangerous as they said you wouldn't see the above. It would be clear in the statistics.

Why did the boomers become anti-smoking zealots. They thought they could live forever and be in perfect healthy if only they gave up pleasurable things. Its a common belief by people through the ages that pleasurable things are sinful and unhealthy. You see similar with the normies today trying to not eat sugar, fat and salt, thinking that sacrificing those pleasures will make them healthy. The actual controlled clinical studies just don't back that up either.

It sort of goes with the normies 'just world' belief. That you get out of life what suffering you are willing to take. While in reality that just isn't true, Chads suffer much less, and get 1,000 times more.

In my cucked shithole-state in Jewmerica you can buy cigarettes and smoke them to your hearts content, yet can't even cope with weed JFL: I hate the US so much it is unreal.

It's almost as if there are hundreds of factors that cause generational and geographical differences in life expectancy, of which smoking is a comparatively insignificant one, which doesn't negate all the empirical and anecdotal proof of its horrendous consequences for a person's health and quality of life.

One of the things with smoking that people forgot was it reduces appetite. Thats why when like women quit smoking they gain 30-50 pounds in the following year. The smoking was keeping them thinner than they otherwise would be. That weight gain has serious health consequences that are much worse than smoking.

There is also the amount people smoke. Its a big difference between smoking two packs a day and half a pack a day.

In my cucked shithole-state in Jewmerica you can buy cigarettes and smoke them to your hearts content, yet can't even cope with weed JFL: I hate the US so much it is unreal.

Ya they should both be legal and on private property the owners of the property can set the rules of smoking. Eg.. some movie theatres should be allowed to have people smoking and doping and drinking.

I agree, this is why heroin and meth are the most hated. They feel the best

i smoke cigs since i was 14. i think it was cool back then. i still smoke but with an intent to spite the toxic liberals

It's almost as if there are hundreds of factors that cause generational and geographical differences in life expectancy, of which smoking is a comparatively insignificant one, which doesn't negate all the empirical and anecdotal proof of its horrendous consequences for a person's health and quality of life.
While I agree, this was written like a cringe passive aggressive redditor

Alcohol is actually way more damaging

I like cigars, cigarillos and cherry tobacco out of a cornpipe with a nice vanilla coke and some alco, very comfy way to relax

Cigs are based slow suicide method (if you can't refrain yourself and smoke 1-2 packs a day), also boosts testosterone slightly

Nicotine itself can be a powerful nootropic if used correctly, as well as a strong appetite suppressant. Fats are needed to make testosterone. As with all things, it isn't just black and white. The dose makes the poison. Even pure water in high doses will kill you.

there is a laundry list of scientifically proven health benefits of smoking tobacco.
“I would debate that smoking is deadly”

Stopped reading there, you clearly have no grasp on reality

This post should be deleted I mean we aren’t really going to humor this are we?

If this site is genuinely about improving the male experience in life and bettering men this should be deleted. Don’t fuckin smoke cigarettes
bluepilled and dumb as shit

Tobacco boosts T and enhances cognitive function. Hence why the (((media))) is against it

Link and source?

When looking across like a million people, what happens when people don't smoke is they gain weight year by year. This becomes a big problem as the pounds pack on. It turns out the increased weight is more damaging to health than the smoking.

Americans used to be slim when everybody smoked. Now Americans gave up smoking and they became obese. And people are dying younger than before.

“I would debate that smoking is deadly”

Stopped reading there, you clearly have no grasp on reality

This post should be deleted I mean we aren’t really going to humor this are we?

If this site is genuinely about improving the male experience in life and bettering men this should be deleted. Don’t fuckin smoke cigarettes
Cope , I smoke because I want to

I certainly don’t care if anyone chooses to smoke. Most of my family smokes. But to act like it’s “good for you” sure is a take. And yea, I know it helps de stress people and whatever shit it makes them feel, but it’s not good for you
Not physically but for a turbo non-NT person like me , it sure as fuck helps me mentally a lot

@30klhlvwizard @Murder Mario

The media is probably against it because it turns your lungs into black tar
the same (((media)) that is pro pot smoking which does the same thing

It says it gives cancer or kills me, Im not dead yet, I can still breth like a normal person!

That says nicotine, not tobacco.

You're better off vaping than smoking. Cigarettes are so goddamned expensive I don't know how anyone can justify it.

People smoke because their lives ate shit

That says nicotine, not tobacco.

You're better off vaping than smoking. Cigarettes are so goddamned expensive I don't know how anyone can justify it.
true but vaping does not feel the same and I was smoking way before vaping was a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back