Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Six common fallacies used by ITcels

Deleted member 677

Deleted member 677

Godpilled
-
Cum hoc ergo propter hoc
(Latin for "with this, therefore because of this")
Definition: Concluding that one thing causes another simply because they correlate.
General example: Areas with windmills have a lot of wind, so windmills create wind.
/r/IncelTears example: Incels tend to have bitter personalities, so their personalities are the reason that they're incels.

Ignoratio elenchi
(Latin for "ignoring refutation")
Also known as
Irrelevant conclusion
Definition:
A logical fallacy which consists in apparently refuting an opponent while actually disproving something not asserted.
General example:
Person A: "You shouldn't do this!"
Person B: "I have the right to do this!"
/r/IncelTears example:

No true Scotsman fallacy
Also known as Appeal to purity
Definition: A fallacy in which someone tries to protect a generalization by wrongfully dismissing a valid counter-example.
General example: The Soviet Union was not a Communist country, as truly Communist countries would never have been so brutal and repressive.
/r/IncelTears example:

Appeal to the stone
Definition:
Dismissing a claim as absurd without presenting proof of its alleged absurdity.
General example:
Person A: "We live in a gynocentric society."
Person B: "That's ridiculous!"
/r/IncelTears example:

Fallacy of relative privation
Also known as Appeal to worse problems
Definition: Dismissing an argument or complaint due to the existence of more important problems in the world, regardless of whether those problems bear relevance to the initial argument.
General example: One should be happy to drink sour milk, because there are starving children in Africa who don't get to drink anything.
/r/IncelTears example:
0CAF8374 A2BE 4A90 B6AC 0A375760589F

Straw man fallacy
Definition:
Misrepresenting, exaggerating, or completely fabricating an opponent's argument to make it easier to attack.
General example:
Person A: "I think that some of Donald Trump's positions have merit."
Person B: "I can't believe that you support racism!"
/r/IncelTears example:

high iq op

have a bump

r/inceltears seriously needs to be removed from Reddit. It’s an absolute joke of a subreddit. It’s full of white knighting soy faggots and feminazies.

IT won't cover this.

The biggest one is the ad hominem

very based post my man

The most amusing is how they just refuse to read actual data.

High IQ tbh, good shit.

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc
(Latin for "with this, therefore because of this")
Definition: Concluding that one thing causes another simply because they correlate.
General example: Areas with windmills have a lot of wind, so windmills create wind.
/r/IncelTears example: Incels tend to have bitter personalities, so their personalities are the reason that they're incels.

Ignoratio elenchi
(Latin for "ignoring refutation")
Also known as
Irrelevant conclusion
Definition:
A logical fallacy which consists in apparently refuting an opponent while actually disproving something not asserted.
General example:
Person A: "You shouldn't do this!"
Person B: "I have the right to do this!"
/r/IncelTears example:

No true Scotsman fallacy
Also known as Appeal to purity
Definition: A fallacy in which someone tries to protect a generalization by wrongfully dismissing a valid counter-example.
General example: The Soviet Union was not a Communist country, as truly Communist countries would never have been so brutal and repressive.
/r/IncelTears example:

Appeal to the stone
Definition:
Dismissing a claim as absurd without presenting proof of its alleged absurdity.
General example:
Person A: "We live in a gynocentric society."
Person B: "That's ridiculous!"
/r/IncelTears example:

Fallacy of relative privation
Also known as Appeal to worse problems
Definition: Dismissing an argument or complaint due to the existence of more important problems in the world, regardless of whether those problems bear relevance to the initial argument.
General example: One should be happy to drink sour milk, because there are starving children in Africa who don't get to drink anything.
/r/IncelTears example: View attachment 130091
Straw man fallacy
Definition:
Misrepresenting, exaggerating, or completely fabricating an opponent's argument to make it easier to attack.
General example:
Person A: "I think that some of Donald Trump's positions have merit."
Person B: "I can't believe that you support racism!"
/r/IncelTears example:

Fuck. This is Einstein high IQ nigga. Respect.

No offence but I didn't expect this from you initially.

Hopefully @RageAgainstTDL can use his ex mod status or @Master can :blackpill: the thread title.
You may want to have a look at this:

Albeit double edged sword.

Last edited:
r/inceltears seriously needs to be removed from Reddit. It’s an absolute joke of a subreddit. It’s full of white knighting soy faggots and feminazies.

Reddit needs to be removed from the Internet.