Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Since when was anime considered “normal”?

sulpuda

sulpuda

Recruit
★★★★
When I was young, people's perception about anime was not good. I remember normies calling people who enjoy watching anime weeb, weirdo, neet, loser, and incel. But at some point, normies also started enjoying anime, and it has now become a completely common hobby.

Since niggers started watching it

only shonen, watch anything else and you will be bullied. but again they dont know anything else that normie scum

Since My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan. OPM and Demon Slayer. Foids also started cosplaying as those sluts even tho before they despised nerd culture.

I wish Anime never went mainstream as was still known to most people as "Chinese cartoons"

The ugly girls in class in highschool were watching it, around 2007.

My guess would be sometime in the 2010s

Mid 2010s I'd say it started to become normiefied because many anime like Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia or One Punch Man was available on Netflix so normies started watching it.

The only time people cared about anime before 2020 was AOT when it dropped in 2013 underground rappers like x wulf and ramirez would reference that anime in their raps and around like 2015 the youtube channel rdcworld1 ( a nigger skit channel) made anime more popular and then tou had uzi very liking it too in 2017 when he blew up not as big as 2020 once 2020 hit quarantine had everybody else bored so everyone on tiktok started liking anime and most foids and normies started making it wayy fucking popular around the end of 2020 which is funny because i remember back in middle school before 2020 i was made fun of and called a fag rewatching og naruto on my phone and this was back in like 2017/2018

Last edited:
It's already been like that for a while.

A good chunk of animes have already been televised or aired on TV before then, e.g. DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Pokemon (lol), ..., etc. Early zoomers and young millennials grew up watching it (before everything went online).

if you’re a normie watching anime its fine, its nothing
if you’re a sub5 watching anime then they automatically think something is very wrong with you
if you’re attractive and watch anime people will flock to you and everyone will love you
(water i know)

I wish Anime never went mainstream as was still known to most people as "Chinese cartoons"
if you’re a normie watching anime its fine, its nothing
if you’re a sub5 watching anime then they automatically think something is very wrong with you
if you’re attractive and watch anime people will flock to you and everyone will love you
(water i know)
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Tangentially related but I also wish the blackpill never went mainstream @DarkStar

Tangentially related but I also wish the blackpill never went mainstream
it was so surreal seeing 14 year olds on the internet saying “looksmaxxing” “mog” and “its over”. i knew of the blackpill before it blew up and it just upsets me knowing kids use these phrases with each other and its funny and they laugh but when we use them it could kill the atmosphere of the room

When I was young, people's perception about anime was not good. I remember normies calling people who enjoy watching anime weeb, weirdo, neet, loser, and incel. But at some point, normies also started enjoying anime, and it has now become a completely common hobby.
There were some animes that were socially acceptable to watch back in my childhood like Inazuma Eleven and Naruto, but some animes were very weird like kissxsis.

When Attack on Titian came out, you could argue Sword art online too.

anime was never for normies, especially because anime is a representative form of a truecel's life through fantasy.

Around mid 2010s when normies started watching anime in their Netflix and CrunchyRoll