Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Should I quit my job?

lumipallo

lumipallo

Officer
★★
*** For context I have enough resources to last me around 5 years of not working.
I feel completely drained and like I'm wasting my life (the part that isn't wasted already), I had this idea of taking a sabbatical of sorts and devoting it to maxxing.
Granted this could only come into effect when rona restrictions relent.
Before rona I already went to the gym and a few hobby classes, but maybe if I took the year off I could go to loads of classes and socialmaxx properly.
I could also finally get enough time to study for a little career change I wanted, or maybe just apply for a junior position straight away and suffer through the first year of low pay by relying on my savings.

Do whatever you think works for you, I can't decide such an important decision for you

You need to make a risk/reward analysis for yourself, there are many questions that arose when I read your text and I can't fill in the blanks with whatever I please.
Definitively don't quit a job without a plan and to become a NEET unless you can sustain yourself until death, because neeting is a pit that gets deeper the more years pass.

If you think that is best for you, but I had the same Idea and within three months I was back at work because it can be extremely boring.

I don't know if we're the best group to ask about serious life choices, mate. Most of the guys here want to LDAR and cope with drugs or alcohol or vidya. This is something you'll have to weigh for yourself.

*** For context I have enough resources to last me around 5 years of not working.
I feel completely drained and like I'm wasting my life (the part that isn't wasted already), I had this idea of taking a sabbatical of sorts and devoting it to maxxing.
Before rona I already went to the gym and a few hobby classes, but maybe if I took the year off I could go to loads of classes and socialmaxx properly.
I could also finally get enough time to study for a little career change I wanted, or maybe just apply for a junior position straight away and suffer through the first year of low pay by relying on my savings.
remember one golden rule

in most jobs its not the work itself semantically that is usually making the job hell ITS THE PEOPLE YOU ARE WORKING WITH THAT MAKE IT HELL.

FACTOR THIS IN VERY HEAVILY, if the role is just monotonous this is not that bad in a role and this is the major concern, and the people are neutral and just leave alone and minimal politics this is not that bad at all and is possibly THE BEST SCENARIO YOU CAN HOPE FOR IN A JOB IN A COMPANY.

Remember shit has a habit of getting worse not better, and there is no end to how low a situation can get, ergo you think thats bottom, nope there are levels below your percieved bottom even rock bottom has the marianna trench beneath it.

So even if you go into "an area of interest", you can still get fucked and it be many times worse than your current role if the first paragraph applies, if you go into a toxic political environment, this akin to a hell. IT WONT MATTER HOW MUCH YOU "ENJOY THE WORK", THE PEOPLE WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL.

The grass is not always greener, you just are actually witnessing a mirage

dr but yeh u should def quit ur job

Before quitting your job, find another job that you actually enjoyed working at after being hired, just recommend.
Do what you want.

If you want to

XD

I think you should make that choice yourself, that's such a big decision, I don't want you to make a decision out a whim and come regretting it. Find out the pros and cons of quitting your job, and see what's right.

I'll say don't quit your job yet unless you can do freelancing or have passive income.

better incel + have money than incel + broke.

Learn daytrading, that's what I did. If you have 5 years of money to sustain yourself, that's more than enough. That way you can make money and not have to give a fuck about having a job or anything.

I'll say don't quit your job yet unless you can do freelancing or have passive income.

better incel + have money than incel + broke.
Learn daytrading, that's what I did. If you have 5 years of money to sustain yourself, that's more than enough. That way you can make money and not have to give a fuck about having a job or anything.

Nah man.

I'm sorry.

It's bullshit. Day trading.

It's all bullshit.

You need to be a investment bank to make any money in stocks long term.

Because they have all the capital for risk management and they have information and software and computers you most likely can not afford.

It's the truth. Sorry.

Business is where the money and doing fraud.